• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Islam, Christianity and Judaism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alright, I think this will easily turn into a flame war. Pretty much this is turning into a fight.

So there may be SOME, Muslims that believe in killing, are they really Muslims, or are we debating a branch and confusing it with true Islam?

By what I see, any of these branches that follow the same Monotheism of the same root would never believe in murder at all. It is shamed upon by nearly every government in the world anyways, regardless of the religious values.

Those that believe in murder, are more likely than not, terrorists. Because, really, there have been references to the Iraq war as "Crusade", a war of religion, although it's pretty much Government vs Religous Crazy or Insane pack of people.

There should be no reason for murder in any religion at all, not even Satanism believes in Sacrifice, so why Islam for murder?

I am not sure about others but I really want this thread to get closed now.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • To be blunt, I'm not sure if this has mentioned.

All Religions believe in the same god per say, it's just the rules that are interpreted differently. And then, these rules change frequently (in the scheme of things) and, largely, one will choose what rules to obey and what not to obey. We're all labeled as what we believe in most closely, but if you really looked at what your religion is all about, you'd see some things you simply don't follow, and therefore, we all believe in our own form of god (believe isn't really the right word), it just all depends on what group we resemble the most.

Zet

Years
  • To be blunt, I'm not sure if this has mentioned.

All Religions believe in the same god per say, it's just the rules that are interpreted differently. And then, these rules change frequently (in the scheme of things) and, largely, one will choose what rules to obey and what not to obey. We're all labeled as what we believe in most closely, but if you really looked at what your religion is all about, you'd see some things you simply don't follow, and therefore, we all believe in our own form of god (believe isn't really the right word), it just all depends on what group we resemble the most.
    Egypt, Greece and many other places had multiple Gods though, so with that said, it shows there are different Gods

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Alright, I think this will easily turn into a flame war. Pretty much this is turning into a fight.

So there may be SOME, Muslims that believe in killing, are they really Muslims, or are we debating a branch and confusing it with true Islam?

By what I see, any of these branches that follow the same Monotheism of the same root would never believe in murder at all. It is shamed upon by nearly every government in the world anyways, regardless of the religious values.

Those that believe in murder, are more likely than not, terrorists. Because, really, there have been references to the Iraq war as "Crusade", a war of religion, although it's pretty much Government vs Religous Crazy or Insane pack of people.

There should be no reason for murder in any religion at all, not even Satanism believes in Sacrifice, so why Islam for murder?

I am not sure about others but I really want this thread to get closed now.
    Not sure if this is relevant but I'm pretty sure Satanism believes in Sacrifice, In fact I heard a story a while back about some teenagers being "sacrificed" I'll put a link up if I can find it? EDIT: Actually Just Might've been a few Satanists that believe in this not sure if the whole religion believes in it, still looking for the link -.-

EDIT #2:
    Found the link I know this post is pretty irrelevant but just wanted to show you.

https://www.livenews.com.au/Articles/2008/09/16/Satanist_stab_teens_666_times_before_eating_remains

Last edited:

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Why does everyone think that the Muslims came back and destroyed the disbelievers? Muhammad tried to convert them with peace and love, not with a sword. The empires that collapsed because of Islam started the wars against it. Persia had attacked Iraq, which was a Muslim country at the time. The Byzantines were causing trouble with the Muslims, so they had to go to Syria to drive them off.

And where on Earth did you get that killing an innocent person is allowed in Islam? If it were, I think that 1.5 billion Muslims should be on a rampage right now. How many 'Jihadists' are there? They are not following true Islam, rather, they are misinterpreting the Qur'an. If they were really following Islam, I wouldn't be on this forum, would I? It is full to the brim with 'non-believers' isn't it? Heck, I think I should blow it up if I were following the terrorists' version of Islam. But I'm not going to do that, because it will involve a loss of innocent lives. More than 500 Muslims were killed in the 9/11 attacks.

Oh, and yes, we do condemn you, even though you do believe in the same God. You did say he has a son, after all. Where did you get that idea from? In fact, where did you get that whole Trinity thing from? Is it in the Bible? Did Jesus say it himself?

And, no, I'm not ignorant of my faith. I folow what the Qur'an says, and I can't believe how shallow you are by labelling an entire religion a one of murder because of a group of men who misinterpret the Qur'an. The Christians are not considered idolaters, rather, they are considered polytheists. But they are allowed to live peacefully because they share similar beliefs with the Muslims. Anyone is, after all. But the ones who attack Islam are not entitled to a peaceful life.

Why are you attacking our religion? What did all the Muslims do to you? Us Muslims should hate America for what they have done to the Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan. Those countries are laid to waste because of what you have done.

PS: And by the way, it hasn't been proven by the American government that Osama Bin Laden was behind the 9/11 attacks. Even if he did say it, we can't really trust him. He could be a pawn of the American Government, after all.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • PS: And by the way, it hasn't been proven by the American government that Osama Bin Laden was behind the 9/11 attacks. Even if he did say it, we can't really trust him. He could be a pawn of the American Government, after all.

Also, he is a Shihite, not a Sunni. Shihites are a little different, no offense.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • It depends on what you mean by opposing. If someone violently opposes Islam, well, they deserve whatever they get. If it's by words, well, fight back with words. I think we should all keep our faiths to ourselves...but then that would mean that this thread gets closed...

Anyway, well, who doesn't think that the three religion share the same god? Not me, for sure.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Egypt, Greece and many other places had multiple Gods though, so with that said, it shows there are different Gods

And lets have a look at what half their gods did...

Ancient religions can't be used as examples for they used gods as explanations for what we now know isn't true (i.e. Helios pulling the Sun over the Earth).

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I have no idea where this thread is heading to.

Shiites are a branch of Islam, but essentially, they follow Islam and the Qur'an. So no point trying to pin the blame on a Shiite, no one will care. Meh, anyway...

What I'm trying to say is that because these three religions are from the same source, they must share the same belief in God, shouldn't they? It's simple. How we believe and what we believe in are two different things, and just because Christians think of god as three forms and Jews believe that Ezra is the son of God, doesn't mean they are talking about a different kind of God.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • well that means jews and them can't be used as an example because their God is ancient

I mean non existent religions now. Or religions that are so scarce and barely count as active. Any religion where something is explained through a god where we now know the real reason for it.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Hey, don't get flaming other religions, people. Jews have more in common with Muslims than Christians do, then again, they actually follow their religion better than Christians do. Apparently, Christians, Jews and Muslims are not allowed to eat the meat of a pig. A long time ago, Jews were being persecuted, and when they were pretending to be Christians to get out of persecution, the Christians began to eat pork to differentiate themselves from the Jews. The Jews would not eat pork.

That's why we have Christians eating pork while Muslims and Jews don't.
    That is incorrect. Jesus declared that it is what comes out of a man's mouth, not what goes in it, that makes him unclean. Christians aren't "following their faith worse" than anyone.

And we don't have the same beliefs about God, not at all. There's fundamental differences that inherently make Islam, Christianity, and Judaism unlike one another.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • It always seemed to me that they all have extremely similar basis for their beliefs, they believe in virtually the same things [with a few differences] but they call them by different names. Moreover, I find the whole controversy to be rather childish. Why can't people ever accept that someone else thinks differently and perceives life and the idea of "God" in a different way.

Now don't go flaming me because just as you all have you're right to believe whatever you want, I do as well :P

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • It always seemed to me that they all have extremely similar basis for their beliefs, they believe in virtually the same things [with a few differences] but they call them by different names. Moreover, I find the whole controversy to be rather childish. Why can't people ever accept that someone else thinks differently and perceives life and the idea of "God" in a different way.

Now don't go flaming me because just as you all have you're right to believe whatever you want, I do as well :P

That's easy to say from an outside-looking-in standpoint, but it's definitely not that simple. These three religions are completely unlike each other when it comes to the method of redemption, which is an incredibly important difference. They are in effect incompatible because of it (I don't mean socially incompatible, I just mean that they can't be compared to one another at all).

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • I believe that the main problem between these three (and all other) religions is that because it's been important to be "the best" religion, they have mocked the other ones for years. So, now we have bunch of people thinking all others are blasphemers and don't live up to the standards of moral. For example, I've seen a lot of propaganda where one of these three is portrayed as unmoral, beastly religion that's followers are barbarians who believe anything they're told. I've seen all kinds of false facts going around the internet and being handed out at public places. Because it's been done for years, it has made its way deep into our hearts.

Even though I'm not a Christian (nor am I Muslim or Jew), I live in a country where Christianity is the state religion. My parents aren't Christian, either, so I didn't really have any other religious influences than those from school and media. Yet even I have thought of Muslims and Catholics as being scary when I was a little kid. I still don't really know where those thoughts came from. The point is, the bias is very deep. I think we really could make it all a bit better if kids were taught about other religions more properly in school. I know they teach kids about other religions (I myself have been on those lessons. They weren't pretty thorough, though, as I still don't quite know what Jews believe to happen after death), but parents can call the school and get their kids out of those classes. I don't think they should be able to do that. We have to know the truth about others to look at the world truthfully.

Also, I still get a headache whenever I think about what 9/11 did to the public image of Muslims in USA. I have heard of some people - I actually even know some of them - who really think that all Muslims are evil and want nothing but the destruction of the free country that is America. One even went as far as to tell my aunt that if she looked like an Arab, he would have shot her right there, because she clearly had the accent of a foreigner. I also noted that some people didn't want to vote for Obama because of his ties to Muslims.
    Things like that could be prevented with some education, I think. At least I really, really hope so.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
  • That's easy to say from an outside-looking-in standpoint, but it's definitely not that simple. These three religions are completely unlike each other when it comes to the method of redemption, which is an incredibly important difference. They are in effect incompatible because of it (I don't mean socially incompatible, I just mean that they can't be compared to one another at all).

Well that's kind of what I meant. To me it seems they believe in the same general idea, but they call things by different names, and they just practice their beliefs in different ways. It's true that these religions are not identical to one another, for it is easy to differentiate between them, but the basis of their beliefs are still rather similar. If I remember correctly the Qur'an had something called the 5 Pillars of Islam while Judeo-Christian beliefs have the 10 Commandments, both of which seem to have similar morals to live a virtuous spiritual life. Also, all three religions seem to have one main "prophet" or "savior" whom they belief in and they all believe in the one "God".

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    they have a god...not the same one necesserilly but didnt angel gabrial appear in q'uran?
    o wells...im catholic :D

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Yup, Gabriel (Arabic: Jibreel) appeared to Muhammad, just as he did to Moses, Jesus and Abraham.

And if they do have the same base, how could they not be similar? The three religions are definitely not similar enough to be one religion, but what I want to achieve here is to say that these three religions share the same God.

And just because what goes in a man doesn't make him unclean, it doesn't mean it's wrong to eat certain things. Look at the damage alcohol does to people. It corrupts their body and makes them get liver diseases. I've heard that in Islam, it is forbidden to harm yourself intentionally.

Oh, and I completely agree with the ignorance thing. I'm not trying to convert anyone here, I just want to get you people away from the idea that Muslims are bloodthirsty. If you want to believe that all Muslims are bloodthirsty, then I think that I should fear any American that passes by me. After all, they attacked and killed hundreds of thousands of people throughout their history. And you're condemning Muslims because?

OK, I'm going to finalise this. Muslims, Jews and Christians all believe in the same God. Those quotes that Drifloon pulled out of the Qur'an were quotes referring to the Christians at the time, the ones that attacked Muslims in Syria. It also refers to people attacking Muslims now. We don't believe that Christians are idolaters, rather, we believe that they have deviated from the truth that Allah is alone in his reign. He doesn't have a son, a father or mother or any partners. He existed forever and will exist forever. Allah critisises the Jews and Christians in the Qur'an because they have changed their books and made up things that were not in the original Bible. The men responsible for the attacks on 9/11 misinterpreted the Qur'an and were fueled by the attacks against their countries. What they did was not textbook Islam, and they shouldn't have attacked civilians at all. Can anyone say that what I have said above is wrong? Is it all clear for you?

EDIT: Wait, I just asked my Religious Studies teacher whether we believe in the same God or not. We don't seeing as the Christians appear to worship Jesus as a God or something.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back