• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Merchandise] it has pokemon on it I /have/ to buy it!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What kind of Pokemon merchandise collector are you? I'm the type of person who, if it has Pokemon on it, I want it.

Today, I was on the Target website and saw Pokemon Chips Ahoy
    I just had to have them because you know
    Pokemon

(but stupid Target didn't have the ones I requested, I'm mad btw)

In fact, I bought a Pokemon comforter once. I'm literally that guy that if there's Pokemon on it, I want it.
    Pokemon shower curtains? Yup. I want them. Pokemon fishing equipment, god forbid? Yes, you bet, I want them.

Years
  • I recently discovered that I love Pokémon clothing! Bought some shirts from uniqlo today that I plan to wear often ❤️ Got an eeveelutions one and a Jigglypuff one. Would definitely buy more but I try not to needlessly spend since these two were enough. Pokémon household goods like mugs are also totally up by alley!!

Years
  • I'm usually more focused on figures & plushies.
    Also Mega Construx... if I find any Pokemon ones I don't have yet I'm basically getting it xD
    And Nanoblocks.

Years
  • Figures and plushies would be my thing too, if I had a bit more space for them! Well.. the apartment is big enough, but I'd need to buy more display shelves to be able to store them somewhere haha. Our plushies and figures (we don't have many) barely all fit on the top of the shelves we have here. But I will get that giant Flareon plush I saw in a store a few weeks ago even if I can't find a good spot for it!!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm not like this with Pokemon, but there are other franchises i enjoy more that I will buy impulsively. Godzilla is one of them.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Yes, I worry I'm this way with Resident Evil stuff and Mario stuff.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't collect a lot of merchandise in any franchise except for maybe Kingdom Hearts. I used to collect TCG a lot, but that is about it. I never grew up with a ton of Pokemon Merchandise widely available. It was a shock when I found something aside from games and cards in stores.

I will say that I love the crap out of Shining Pokemon cards and the pokemon pins that have legendary pokemon on them. I feel like though if I had kept what I had and they continued to make them, I would have collected pokemon marbles. I would collect the plushies and I still have a few, but they are too expensive and I really don't like spending money lol.

I love collecting stuff, but stuff I love, it is so hard to find in stores, so I have to look online, which I feel takes away from the discovery of collecting.

gyaru

agepoyo ✩
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I've tried to move away from clothing and TCG and mainly only buy unusual Pokemon items now- but I mainly go for vintage. My recent purchase was literally a pokemon burger king bag. LOL

Years
  • So I just realized yesterday while hanging out at the mall with my husband, that every time I go into a store with Pop figures - figures I don't usually like at all - I want to buy the Flareon version. Almost did two times. If that's not 'it has Pokémon on it, I have to buy it!!' then I dunno what is. I...probably will get it eventually. ;__;

Years
  • this thread really does make me want to start collecting pokemerch. :c if only i wasn't such a closeted pokemon fan irl lmao

like honestly! i want to look at a cute pokemon shirt or merch and be like "yeah, i want that, idc"

Back