• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It is too Overpriced!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • THE PRICES

Anyway, which of the items in the Pokemon market do you think is overpriced? You think is too cheap? You think should be included? Anything you want to say regarding the Pokemon Market, discuss here!

I think the TM's in Celadon City is priced too cheaply. Only around 3000 Pokedollars or something. They should be like 4500 or something. Well, that is just my opinion....

And... THEY NEED THEM MAX REVIVES!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I honestly don't have any gripes regarding how the marts price their goods - I think all of their prices are fair, TBH.

But yes, they should stock up on max revives.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think Revives are a bit too expensive; they could be at around P1000 or P750 at least because a good chunk of your money could be spent buying these if you're worried that your Pokemon will faint.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I think the prices are very fair. In BW, buying Hyper Beam/Giga Impact is 90000. It feels special when you buy it, especially considering you get to keep it AND it's ludicrously powerful AND it can be taught to almost any Pokémon.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Just buy revival herbs if you need max reviving. I'm honestly okay with the prices at the Pokemart maybe except for ultra balls. I never buy them since they seem a bit expensive for me because I always shop in bulks and Pokeballs are like the only thing I buy at the Pokemart since I prefer the medical herb store and moomoo milk seller.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Revival Herbs end up making your Pokemon dislike you each time. As for Max Revives I can't find them in BW. But I can spend money for them. I have a whole stash of money in that game. :3

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    What if they sold Rare Candies for like 250,000? I always wanted to buy Rare Candies.

Mostly, I think the prices are pretty darn fair. But money is almost never an issue for me to start with, since I never buy potions and only about three or four revives when I battle the Elite Four. I do buy PokeBalls a lot, but I only use the original PokeBall and they're dirt cheap too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I think Super Potions are WAAAAY overpriced. Why does it cost $700 to heal 50 HP while Lemonades cost $350 to heal 80? What a ripoff.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot about Ultra Balls. Seriously, why does it cost $1200 for a 2x catch rate, when Dusk Balls have a 3.5x catch rate and only cost $1000?

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think Ultra Balls are way overpriced, 1200 is too much for just a ball. Revives are expensive but I can understand that, Ultra Balls shouldn't be 1.2k though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Full Restores are like 3000 they do the job but you can't really buy in huge amounts, Ultra Balls should be 800 I'd pay that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^I agree. xD

I wish they sold Max Revives at stores, since (I think) you can only find them on the ground during the games. It makes everything useful, especially when battling the E4.

Another item that was sorta expensive for me were the vitamins (Carbos, Protein, Iron, etc). I'd prefer them to be cheaper than almost 10000 PokeDollars.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Super Potions are a ripoff when you comapre them to Lemonades.

Some of the TM's you have to buy using Game Corner coins are overpriced. Then again, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are priceless :)

The asking price for a Bike (1 million in Cerulean City before you get the bike voucher) is a definite ripoff.

The entry fee into the Safari Zone is also a ripoff considering how difficult it is to actually catch what you want in that place.

Everything else seems to be priced fairly, IMO.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think the vitamins should only cost about 5500 apiece. They're best used early in large amounts, and one cannot do so easily because of their prohibitive price.
    Ether, Elixir, PP Up, and max variants thereof should be buyable.
    Also, all BP costs for Frontier items could be lower...

Revival Herbs end up making your Pokemon dislike you each time.
    It takes away 15 points of happiness from a maximum total of 255. Unless you use them every other battle, the negative effect will 'heal' naturally. Besides that, unless you're using the move Return or want to evolve something that does so through happiness, there's no practical need to keep a monster happy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say Hyper Potions are a bit on the expensive side IMO along with the Ultra Balls as well, Super Potions felt like a ripoff though due to the Lemonade being so much better overall.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't really mind the prices in the Pokemarts. Nothing seems to be overpriced, and everything you can get is pretty good value. My issue with them is how they don't sell elixirs.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I don't really mind the prices in the Pokemarts. Nothing seems to be overpriced, and everything you can get is pretty good value. My issue with them is how they don't sell elixirs.

They don't sell the more valuable and more usable items right? I would gladly pay 3K for a Max Revive.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I think Revives are overpriced. You'll go broke buying these in games that don't let you rematch trainers.

Also, Super Potions. $700 for a Super Potion that heals 50 HP or a Lemonade for $350 that heals 80 HP? Better yet, Fresh Water heals 50 HP and only costs $200! That's exactly the same as a Super Potion in terms of HP recovery. The only bad part is that you can't buy Lemonades and Fresh Waters in bulk.

Vitamins are way to expensive. They should be around $5000.

Ultra Balls also cost too much. They should cost around $800.

I think TMs are a little too cheap. I'd like for them to be just a little more expensive.

Back