• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Item Discussion

Years
  • For B2W2, do you expect to see new items?

What would you like to see as new items?

What about items in the coding of BW, like the God Stone?

What relevance could that have?

If we end up going to new areas, perhaps more TMs or Berries will be added?

Yeah, discuss items and stuff for B2W2 :D

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
    Years
  • God Stone... Way to kinda ditch the first Pokemon god (esp. when they didn't distribute the Azure Flute). x(

I don't expect new items. I just want current items to be easily obtainable...

Oh god if the pinch berries are not obtainable by the end of BW2, I'm going to flip a table. :( Bring back berry growing and pokeblocks plz. good throwback to hoenn!

I kinda miss trading TMs. I know, infinite uses. Harder locations. I hope TMs are not placed in new spots. I found it hard enough to find them in their current locations. I don't want any TMs added. I just want move tutors. <3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • For B2W2, do you expect to see new items?

What would you like to see as new items?

What about items in the coding of BW, like the God Stone?

What relevance could that have?

If we end up going to new areas, perhaps more TMs or Berries will be added?

Yeah, discuss items and stuff for B2W2 :D

God Stone... Way to kinda ditch the first Pokemon god (esp. when they didn't distribute the Azure Flute). x(

I don't expect new items. I just want current items to be easily obtainable...

Oh god if the pinch berries are not obtainable by the end of BW2, I'm going to flip a table. :( Bring back berry growing and pokeblocks plz. good throwback to hoenn!

I kinda miss trading TMs. I know, infinite uses. Harder locations. I hope TMs are not placed in new spots. I found it hard enough to find them in their current locations. I don't want any TMs added. I just want move tutors. <3

If any new items are introduced aside from the unused Stone from BW, I'd expect them to be exclusive to B2W2 in a manner similar to Platinum's Griseous Orb, which IIRC was untradeable to DP but was still "usable" in battles, in a sense. I'm not sure whether TMs can still be held in Black/White Versions...regardless, B2W2 can introduce new TMs while having coding in place to make them un-holdable by Pokemon (basically, exactly like how HMs could not be held in Generation 3 yet they could still be used on Pokemon in your game). This way, the TM list can be expanded without any trading issues cropping up with BW. Basically, I just want all of the replaced Generation 4 TMs to come back at the end of the TM list somehow. Either that, or by new move tutors.

I am really hoping that the e-Reader Berries of Generation 3 get brought back by Game Freak. It would be a shame to let all those cool Berry designs just wither away and become forgotten. They could give them new effects to use in battle possibly, like they did for a slew of Berries in Generation 4... We probably wouldn't be able to use them in battles, unless B2W2 could "patch" BW somehow. :< Also, I'd prefer it if all Berries in general were made accessible in game. Just make the "pinch" Berries have a high-but-feasible requirement for obtaining them or something. Event Pokemon are bad enough; do we really need event Berries, too, especially when several Trainers in the Battle Towers/Frontiers abuse them on a frequent basis? :cer_no:

That inaccessible Stone from BW should receive some use; it would suck if it went unused just like DP's Azure Flute.

Finally, I guess some new storyline Key Items will likely pop up (kind of like Emerald's Magma Emblem), although I can't predict any conceivable items like that at the moment...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Considering that the God Stone's Coding in B/W gave it the description "A rare Stone" and its Effect portion was pretty much empty, They'd have to program an effect into it now if they intend to use it.

I'm kinda hoping they just remove the stone as it's only purpose that I've ever seen was just to be the original version to Light/Dark Stone.

I'd like for some new items, though hope that if we are still in Unova, that we keep the current items as they are. Which means Berries exclusive to Dream World.

Maybe make some Starter Exclusive Items for once. We have two Exclusive Starter attacks, the Elemental hyperbeams and the Pledges. We know they can set items to only work for Pokemon, Lusterous, Adamant, and Griseous Orbs and Soul Dew.

Maybe some new Healing Items or Hold Items. I feel our games are good as is right now with what we already have. So anything new is just bonus.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that an item will be introduced in B2/W2 that will allow Kyurem to change between its regular form and its Reshiram/Zekrom forms (similar to Giratina and Shaymin; I'm not sure if it should be a key item or a held item).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I can see the God stone come into play. I would also like them to introduce new berries...they didn't make anyones this generation...maybe they could make a berry that has the Sitrius Berry's old effect from pre gen IV (restore 30 hp). Hopefully they appear early on...
    Maybe some new Ev item's...

I can see the God stone come into play. I would also like them to introduce new berries...they didn't make anyones this generation...maybe they could make a berry that has the Sitrius Berry's old effect from pre gen IV (restore 30 hp). Hopefully they appear early on...
    Maybe some new Ev item's...

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • It's basically guruanteed that there won't be any new items because it's on the same system and it will have direct trading capabilities.

The God Stone will be a key item used to unlock Kyurem or a Kyurem-related event.

New TMs/HMs and adding berry accessibility (but not new berries) are possible because TMs can't be held (as far as I remember) in B/W. No new berries for the reason why there won't be new items.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I could see there being a few more key items, but nothing too big.
    In other words, I doubt they're going to completely re-do the whole item system. :P

Years
  • I'd love to see the return of berry growing. If that were the case, maybe some of the more obscure berries could be brought back, for example the Starf and Enigma berries.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I'd love to see the return of berry growing. If that were the case, maybe some of the more obscure berries could be brought back, for example the Starf and Enigma berries.

I love berry growing‼ :D
    And not like the Berry Pots in HG/SS. Those sucked.
    I mean real berry growing; out on the routes (and towns, occasionally)! :)

Years

• I love berry growing‼ :D
    And not like the Berry Pots in HG/SS. Those sucked.
    I mean real berry growing; out on the routes (and towns, occasionally)! :)

I didn't really mind the HGSS Berry Pots; they were convenient. Even so, real berry growing like in Sinnoh would be amazing.

Years
  • It's basically guruanteed that there won't be any new items because it's on the same system and it will have direct trading capabilities.

Platinum and HGSS both had new items, they just made them untradeable.

Anyway, here are some of the items I'm personally hoping for:

-Pinch Berries
    -Berry Pots
    -Apricorn Balls
    -Soul Dew
    -Item to keep Meloetta in her Pirouette Forme

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think God Stone will be the main item of this game but I think they could incorporate a few smaller items, I'd love to see a couple of new Pokéballs! Oh, I've just saw somebody say something about the Berry Pots.. I loved them! It made berry growing so much easier and I'd be thrilled if they were to return. It would also save going to the DW to obtain berries ¬¬

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2012
    no more berry crap! hahaha and hopefully new evo. items, that would be dopee, pokemon able to have new evolutions

Years
  • I'd like to see something like a sign saying "Trade routes to Johto have opened up. Direct via air-delivery: Apricorn balls!"

Seriously, I don't know why they left them out of the coding as usable items. They had such cool designs and the wide array of colours was appealing for someone like me who wants certain Pokemon in certain balls.

The question is, will trading be via "Time Machine" a la GSC/RBY? Will B&W2 be set a few years after the events of B&W?

Then they could put in some line about not being able to send items back (for moral purposes) and only Pokémon.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • I'd rather that they scrap the orginal TM list from B/W, because frankly, it sucks. Less situational, status, or gimmick moves, and more power like previous gens.

Back