• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

Status
Not open for further replies.

string555

Banned
    Years
    Maybe, but due to looking into what makes a sociopath in recent times, I feel like I would have enough information to do a good self-check on this. The only reason I don't think I'm a sociopath is that I have a lot of empathy for others, but then again I've also heard that behavior can be mimicked from enough observation of others engaging in that behavior.

string555

Banned
    Years
    IDK, I think my past therapists might agree with this. Part of the reason I think this is true is that I've never really felt a connection with anyone. I've easily discarded just about any past friendships I've had at the drop of a hat, feeling nothing from it. I'm not really sure how to explain these behaviors in any other valid way.

Years
    No, a socialpath is basically like a serial killer or something, though not all turn out that way. it's an extreme lack of empathy and compassion.

Reactions: noa

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood

string555

Banned
    Years
    Yeah, there is more to a sociopath. They basically can't form bonds with anyone, partly because they have no genuine emotions. They don't feel for others, although as I mentioned, they may be able to fake these feelings from observation. They basically lack humanity and rely more on instinct than anything else.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Also, like any other mental disorder, there are varying levels to sociopathy. I've been friends with people who have exhibited sociopathic tendencies like some described above- not showing any emotion whatsoever when their family members/pets die, ending friendships for no reason.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    self-identified sociopaths are so cute

just plug in post malone and leave it at that

Reactions: noa
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back