• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen It's been two years...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Who is still playing this game? Do you think it's just as fun the second or third time around or was the first playthrough the best?

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Most Pokemon games don't exactly have the "replayability" factor, and many of which can only excite the gamer the first time and never again. With that being said, I still go back from time to time to take a nice little stroll of nostalgia and a good walk on Memory Lane.

It's still fun, but not as exciting as it was when I first played it.

Cause now, I know what to do, where to go, what team I want, and so on. The only thing that keeps an already beaten Pokemon game exciting is challenges, such as Nuzlocke or hacks.

dudealmighty

The Very Best
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2016
    I sooo disagree. I find Pokemon games to be very replayable. You can use different teams and have totally different experiences every time.

I will be playing through this game again soon, though! I'm thinking of uploading my next run through of ORAS to Youtube as a Let's Play, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Years
  • I'm still doing my post-game training so I can try different Pokemon... and to keep me busy until I get Sun & Moon when I will likely become a 7th Gen addict to the point I may not go back to a previous game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I sooo disagree. I find Pokemon games to be very replayable. You can use different teams and have totally different experiences every time.

I will be playing through this game again soon, though! I'm thinking of uploading my next run through of ORAS to Youtube as a Let's Play, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

Me too. I've replayed Pokemon games so many times, and even after years if I still want the fresh feeling it's still there.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Every once in a while I'll breed 6 perfect IV pokes and ev train them. Then transfer them over to Alpha Sapphire or Y and play through again. Sure, it's not as fun as the first time but Pokemon games are great for discovering new things as you go along. Third gen is probably my least favorite gen, but that's like saying it's the least attractive supermodel. They're all fun I think.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Has it really been that long ._. I can still remember being hyped to death like it was yesterday... Anyway, right now it just hosts my live dex and is where I keep my (attempted) competitive teams. I don't restart games until the next generation comes out, but I don't think I will with this one. I have my original Sapphire for that, and I like it more for challenges anyway.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Well I just started Omega Ruby for the first time earlier this year. I'm currently at Mauville I think.

It's probably going to be awhile before I finish asi wasn't a fan of gen 3 originally so just playing it to shiny hunt. I don't know if I'll even bother with the elite 4? Or whatever they're called.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I actually just restarted the game recently. I just couldn't get into it when it first came out because Hoenn is my least favorite region in terms of Pokemon and the games.

However, I wanted to give it a second chance because they did a really good job with the game and I have been enjoying it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Has it really been that long ._. I can still remember being hyped to death like it was yesterday... Anyway, right now it just hosts my live dex and is where I keep my (attempted) competitive teams. I don't restart games until the next generation comes out, but I don't think I will with this one. I have my original Sapphire for that, and I like it more for challenges anyway.

I still remember being hyped for Diamond and Pearl, haha. It's weird how time feels when you're looking back on it.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I play Omega Ruby on and off but I can't believe two years have already passed. I recently found out that my Alpha Sapphire (completed) is corrupt and now I'm just trying to figure out a way to salvage my save by any means necessary lmao.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I play Omega Ruby on and off but I can't believe two years have already passed. I recently found out that my Alpha Sapphire (completed) is corrupt and now I'm just trying to figure out a way to salvage my save by any means necessary lmao.

Huh! How did it get corrupted? Powersaves (I did that once actually haha, but I managed to fix it) or damage?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Huh! How did it get corrupted? Powersaves (I did that once actually haha, but I managed to fix it) or damage?

Never used powersaves/hacks so it must be damage. I hadn't played it for a good few months and then when I tried starting it up the other day, I got a message saying the file is corrupt.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2016
    The games are very replayable imo.

Currently doing a nuzlocke run in AS, and it's still lots of fun. I could play any of the pokemon games a hundred times over without getting bored.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I sooo disagree. I find Pokemon games to be very replayable. You can use different teams and have totally different experiences every time.

I think it really depends on the game. B2/W2, HG/SS and Platinum are all extremely replayable, but D/P, X/Y and B/W...? Eh, nah, 2-3 times is good enough for me with those.

Years
  • I love ORAS. I migrated all my Pokemon from my other games into my Alpha Sapphire. I actually have been doing the Battle Maison lately, after never doing it before. It's really the only thing to do post game which is unfortunate, (besides catching legendaries I suppose), but I do love replaying through the game and story on my Omega Ruby copy.

Back