• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Lit With Litten!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Since there's threads for Rowlet (@colours) & Popplio (@magicmed), I thought Litten deserved some love :)

So feel free to express your opinion on Litten! Why or why not do you like it? What are you expecting from Litten? ^^ (I'm personally Team Litten ;) )

For me, I'm curious about Litten's typing. Unlike Rowlet & Popplio, Litten still doesn't have a direction of what dual-type it'll be (if it is dual-typed).
    Since Rowlet is Grass/Flying and Popplio is most likely becoming a Water/Fairy atm from learning Disarming Voice, there's been no indication what Litten could be.
    The theory of Litten being a Fire/Fighting or Fire/Ground type from the extra images from the Pokemon website has been shot down from 1)the order of the types, where Litten is just a pure Fire type 2)Popplio learning a Fairy-type move when it was said to be a Water/Fighting type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Since there's threads for Rowlet (@colours) & Popplio (@magicmed), I thought Litten deserved some love :)

So feel free to express your opinion on Litten! Why or why not do you like it? What are you expecting from Litten? ^^ (I'm personally Team Litten ;) )

For me, I'm curious about Litten's typing. Unlike Rowlet & Popplio, Litten still doesn't have a direction of what dual-type it'll be (if it is dual-typed).
    Since Rowlet is Grass/Flying and Popplio is most likely becoming a Water/Fairy atm from learning Disarming Voice, there's been no indication what Litten could be.
    The theory of Litten being a Fire/Fighting or Fire/Ground type from the extra images from the Pokemon website has been shot down from 1)the order of the types, where Litten is just a pure Fire type 2)Popplio learning a Fairy-type move when it was said to be a Water/Fighting type.
    Actually, someone tried that type thing with the legendaries and found that the legendary types were out of order themselves. Irc Solgaleo's Steel typing came after Lunala's Ghost... So obviously the that doesn't disprove Litten from being Fire/Fighting or even Fire/Ground.

Also, Popplio knowing a fairy move might be as significant as Chespin being shown to know rollout early in XY's trailers...

Years
    I admit the whole typing debacle for Litten is what's intriguing me about the cat at the moment, with speculation leaning towards what possible additional types it may gain with evolution - Ground, Rock, Dark, Poison and some even dreading the infamous Fire/Fighting.

The sulfur marking on its forehead was one of the first hints towards alchemy being a notable theme of the games, given it's easier to notice than Rowlet being based on salt and Popplio based on mercury. Personally I'm leaning for Dark, but maybe when the middle stages get revealed I could get an idea as to what it could become.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    It's Lit With Litten!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Litten will probably have brown and orange coloring in shiny form.. kind of muted regular colors.

I hope litten stays on all fours, gets tiger stripes , and has fiery tipped big ears in the final evolution

Years
    I hope litten stays on all fours, gets tiger stripes , and has fiery tipped big ears in the final evolution

I am expecting a tiger from Litten, given the Chinese Zodiac theme with the Fire-type starters. However, I do feel Game Freak will troll us and have our Fire starter go bipedal again, and I don't understand why none of the Fire starters stayed on all fours as of their final evolution, even the ones that weren't the infamous Fire/Fighting combination.

Years
    I think a blue shiny Litten would be cool, with its red markings being replaced with a blue colouring.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Litten is the Alola starter I have the highest hopes for. I mean, a fire cat? Hell yeah! I hope it becomes Fire/Dark, though I'd also be cool with Fire/Poison or even Fire/Fighting. But please no Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground! And finally, if it became bipedal, I'd love it! But staying on all fours would also be okay.

Years
    7 of the 17 Pokemon that learn Disarming voice through level up aren't Fairy types, and don't become fairy types.
    If you add in breeding, then 12 of the 22 Pokemon that learn disarming voice are not fairy type.
    Throw in evolutions and out of the 30 Pokemon that can learn disarming voice through either breeding or level up at some point in their evolutionary line, 20 are not, and do not become fairy type.

Essentially, far too much is being read into a small detail.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Litten is easily my favourite of the three. Obviously things change once we see the evolution, right now though I find it adorable!

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Right now, I'm kinda wondering whether or not Litten is going to get a generic evolution. What do you guys think? This isn't meant to throw shade at it or anything, but I'm going to be disappointed if it evolves into just a bigger cat. I hope GameFreak can think out of the box for this one.
    i'd find it funny if it evolves into
    It's Lit With Litten!

Years
    Right now, I'm kinda wondering whether or not Litten is going to get a generic evolution. What do you guys think? This isn't meant to throw shade at it or anything, but I'm going to be disappointed if it evolves into just a bigger cat. I hope GameFreak can think out of the box for this one.

Most cat Pokemon usually evolve into a bigger cat with very little change in design so that's what I fear for Litten's evolution but knowing Game Freak they'll probably make it more tiger-like (heck, Chinese Zodiac pattern anyone? Litten is the tiger, duh) and there might be another unexpected thing they'll do here because starters take a lot of time to design so they have to make them unique in a way.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Litten is the one I like less. It's bit boring... This face without any expressions, the body of a regular cat..

It is the starter I am most excited about the future evolutions. Because I want to see if they can impress me, if I can now really like Litten.

Back