• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
Years
  • But both One Piece and Dragon Ball Z have the same lack-of-plot issue.
    Lack of plot? In what regard? I think the goal of each individual arc it pretty explicitly given early on, and the former of the two has a growing, overarching narrative. Unless you're referring to something else, I'm not too sure what you're getting at here.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Currently reading through JoJo Part 5. Really like it so far, but I do feel like the battles have gotten significantly longer. {XD}

Drekavac

Screamer
    Years
  • Not gonna lie, despite being an avid One Piece fan, I can't deny the fact that One Piece as an anime is just a mess. Bad pacing and bad animation even by long shounen standards made me quit the anime several arcs ago (quit in latter half of Punk Hazard).

Manga is going pretty damn great, though. If anyone says One Piece suffers from lack of plot, I can only agree to disagree. Because from where I stand, I simply can't see how that statement is true.

Years
  • I've never actually watched Ghost In the Shell despite us having the DVD lying around for about ten years. But I did see the teaser for the Fullmetal Alchemist movie.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Haven't actually gotten to see Ghost in the Shell yet so I'm excited to see it without having seen the original! Especially since some of it was filmed in my city and a friend of mine who's been interning at Weta Workshop here worked on a few of the props - genuinely excited to see those alone.

FMA movie I'm pretty hyped since Yamada Ryosuke, but I still want a full trailer soon :/

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
  • Gotta love when an anime really pushes its point by getting meta.

77e23cd143045680300b077ab262fb3c.png

nahreally, show's been pretty fun, though.

But as far as mangoes go, it's pretty here or there for me. I only read physically, so I generally only get the chance when I'm in the bookstore. I work near one but my time there's usually pretty limited, and I generally spend half that limited time browsing the newly released items of manga/LNs I never thought would get translated.

Oi.

Years
  • But as far as mangoes go, it's pretty here or there for me. I only read physically, so I generally only get the chance when I'm in the bookstore. I work near one but my time there's usually pretty limited, and I generally spend half that limited time browsing the newly released items of manga/LNs I never thought would get translated.

Oi.

Do you do that on purpose, or is that auto correct?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I imagine this probs wouldn't be worthy of a thread, but I'd encourage everyone to check out Your Name. It's legitimately amazing; one of my favourite films of the year by far. I've seen it twice in two days in a cinema, and would go again if any of my friends were up for it.

It starts off as a kind of Freaky Friday knock-off, but then morphs into something else entirely by the end; most of my audiences were in tears! It's out now in certain cinemas in the UK, and IMDb informs me that it's coming out in the US on 2 December (at least Los Angeles - I assume to qualify for Oscar consideration). Wikipedia says Funimation has licensed it, so it'll probably get some form of larger release down the road.

If possible, try to go in knowing as little as possible; the emotional overload will be that much stronger!

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
  • Yeah, hard not to know about that one these days. It's been #1 on MAL for a while now, and I believe it's qualifying for an Academy Award. Fun stuff, that.

Do you do that on purpose, or is that auto correct?
    No idea what you're talking about, I'm just talking about piping hot magma, located at your nearest Barnes and Noble.

'n Yeah, Girlish Number's a fun little ball of cynicism, I've been enjoying pretty alright. I've been watching that along with Drifters and Keijo. Waiting for Hibike to wrap up before I jump back into that one. Basically been scarfing down as many series as I can in between.

Years
  • I feel like eighty percent of mangas that I read are completely off the grid.

Mangoes are quite abundant, so it's pretty common that it "feels like" no one else is consuming the same ones you are. And then there's the fact that a lot of anime watchers don't even bother with them, or don't bother with anything from the printed medium outside of the "mainstream".

On the flip side, there's people like me who've dove into too many series at once (my "currently reading" list is at 70 or so series since I mostly read them in print) and don't want to pick up anything else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back