• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • When you never watched Code Geass you be like
    OK_thumb.png

Genesystem

Beef Alternative
    Years
  • That's actually precisely why I'm excited about this. Geass has always been one of those classics that I started but could never finish- less because it was particularly bad and more because I just didn't have the enthusiasm or motivation.

But a compilation I can get into. Sounds pretty damn comfy to me. I just hope we get some kind of...2017 version of Colors to go along with it.

Years
  • See, for me, a compilation film that's shorter would still be more difficult to complete, because I don't like committing more than 45 minutes of my time to a single run of something. I just get this urge to go do something else (not even boredom, just a want to mix things up).

EDIT: Also, Disappearance is officially getting a Funimation release: https://mobile.twitter.com/FUNimation/status/803349959894593536

Last edited:

Drekavac

Screamer
    Years
  • See, for me, a compilation film that's shorter would still be more difficult to complete, because I don't like committing more than 45 minutes of my time to a single run of something. I just get this urge to go do something else (not even boredom, just a want to mix things up).
    I understand this so well. Once you're past a certain point in life, committing yourself to something for too long is just difficult. You MAY have time but you'd prefer shorter things to watch so you can have break points in case you feel like you have something else to finish off. That's the reason I prefer watching anime than watching movies. Or TV Shows. They're too long. Can't commit.

yo is anyone watching occultic;nine
    I thought I'd pick it up but never ended up doing that. Is it good? How does it compare to Steins;Gate?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I understand this so well. Once you're past a certain point in life, committing yourself to something for too long is just difficult. You MAY have time but you'd prefer shorter things to watch so you can have break points in case you feel like you have something else to finish off. That's the reason I prefer watching anime than watching movies. Or TV Shows. They're too long. Can't commit.

I thought I'd pick it up but never ended up doing that. Is it good? How does it compare to Steins;Gate?

not really sure if it's comparable to steins;gate at all. there are more main characters in o9, and the main goal is kinda not really shown until like halfway through. it has a lot more mystery and murder than steins;gate soo... not sure how to compare them at all. i like o9 a lot, though.

Years
  • I understand this so well. Once you're past a certain point in life, committing yourself to something for too long is just difficult. You MAY have time but you'd prefer shorter things to watch so you can have break points in case you feel like you have something else to finish off. That's the reason I prefer watching anime than watching movies. Or TV Shows. They're too long. Can't commit.

Adult responsibilities are a time-consuming doozy, haha.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I understand this so well. Once you're past a certain point in life, committing yourself to something for too long is just difficult. You MAY have time but you'd prefer shorter things to watch so you can have break points in case you feel like you have something else to finish off. That's the reason I prefer watching anime than watching movies. Or TV Shows. They're too long. Can't commit.
    Sounds like my life. I used to really enjoy Asian drama series too, but nowadays when I sit down it's much easier to devote myself to an 24 minute anime ep, than something that eats up an hour or two. orz

not really sure if it's comparable to steins;gate at all. there are more main characters in o9, and the main goal is kinda not really shown until like halfway through. it has a lot more mystery and murder than steins;gate soo... not sure how to compare them at all. i like o9 a lot, though.
    I also thought they looked hard to compare, but O9 does look really cool! Seems like it's something entirely separate from Steins Gate, 'cept for the fact that is made by the same people, and that pretty says it's gonna be good, IMO. From your description it actually sounds cooler than SG, I might have to give it a go sometime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Do any of you ever wished for an anime girl from any anime to appear in another anime as the main heroin ?
    I'm talking about Anime character lookalike , Not the actual character.
    From example , I want Kari Kamiya from Digimon anime to appear as Ash's love-interest.
    Or Ami from Toradora appearing in another anime as main heroin ! I actually found an anime called "Denpa Onna" with another character like Emi but she reveal to be the protagonist's aunt.
    There were other lookalike of Ami but they all usually becomes the side-heroin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back