• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
  • Wait, what episode are they up to now? Did they release episode 11 yet?
    They finished the SAO arc with a 30 minutes episode and it's absolutely glorious.

I was pretty put off by the series by that point because I thought it was basically just another random youtuber hoping to cash in on the SAO hype, but that episode, the lastest, made one hell of a fan of me. The writing was just so on point, that series is way better than it has any right to be. I'm actually surprisingly glad they went for trying to fix the series rather than just full-on parodying it, I could go on and on about why it's probably the best abridged series around (dunno that it's my favorite, but).

And the whole final boss fight to explaining why things turned out the way they did was just the perfect icing on the cake.

Years
  • They finished the SAO arc with a 30 minutes episode and it's absolutely glorious.

I was pretty put off by the series by that point because I thought it was basically just another random youtuber hoping to cash in on the SAO hype, but that episode, the lastest, made one hell of a fan of me. The writing was just so on point, that series is way better than it has any right to be. I'm actually surprisingly glad they went for trying to fix the series rather than just full-on parodying it, I could go on and on about why it's probably the best abridged series around (dunno that it's my favorite, but).

And the whole final boss fight to explaining why things turned out the way they did was just the perfect icing on the cake.

I'm gonna have to make a point to watch the episode as it sounds like one I haven't seen yet.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • I've had this idea for a manga/anime for quite a while, but I finally decided to share it. So here it goes...
    Spoiler:

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I haven't watched anime for a good while now.
    Even bros dvds he got me, are on hold to a degree...

I really need to motivate myself more, I think.
    It's great in parts and lacks severely in others.

pkmin3033

Quick question - are the Beyond the Boundary movies worth watching? I've never seen the series, so watching a clipshow movie doesn't bother me in this instance. I have no idea what I'm getting into though and I'm curious to hear other people's opinions on them.

Years
  • My experience of recap movies would lead me to say no, just watch the series. It's not a long one and tbh the slice of life character stuff was more enjoyable than what they'd clip into a film.

It was a pretty poor series overall though. Just had cute designs and a few funny episodes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is there any anime focusing on tragic hero like Snape (Harry Potter) and Sayaka (Magica Madoka) that take heavy burden for their crush and loses them to someone else for their happiness but eventually find happiness and gets their crush?
    Since nether Snape or Sayaka found a happy ending for themselves.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Is there any anime focusing on tragic hero like Snape (Harry Potter) and Sayaka (Magica Madoka) that take heavy burden for their crush and loses them to someone else for their happiness but eventually find happiness and gets their crush?
    Since nether Snape or Sayaka found a happy ending for themselves.
    I want to practically throw you at Princess Tutu, especially the second half.

And for some reason that reminds me a bit of Orange...although that did NOT go the way I wanted it to, so I would use that as a very loose comparison. But it might appeal to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    NO

the dcc title caught my attention, goodbye Hululu's biggest fan ;__;

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want to practically throw you at Princess Tutu, especially the second half.

And for some reason that reminds me a bit of Orange...although that did NOT go the way I wanted it to, so I would use that as a very loose comparison. But it might appeal to you.

Nan, Tutu never got the happy ending!
    I am talking about anime where heroes like Snape and Sayaka gets their happy ending.

pkmin3033

I am talking about anime where heroes like Snape and Sayaka gets their happy ending.
    Tutu DID get a happy ending...after a fashion. I have to admit I wasn't very happy with it either, but looking at it from Rue's perspective at least...

But Sayaka is absolute trash

Years
  • Going to try marathoning Fate/Zero at some point! This is in an attempt to broaden my anime horizons. ^_^ Looking forward to it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back