• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Over

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Tbh most of my friendships that have ended have slipped away gradually, to the point we just don't speak often and suddenly years go by...

It's a shame, but at least nobodies feelings get hurt this way, I suppose.

User19sq

What Mana said. When you barely talk to each other, or even see each other, it's likely over. You can try salvaging it by striking up a talk or playdate, but it nothing comes of it, sorry.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
All of the friendships ive lost haven't been because of an argument or anything like that. Its just that we slowly stopped hanging out and talking.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I've only ever had to actually end a friendship exactly once (They were faking having cancer, I kid you not), usually my friendships just break up over time as we don't keep in touch and eventually drift apart.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
you give em a ripe Fuck You before they see it coming

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
this place smells like shit. oh wait, it's just the last three posts

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Sigh, can people take this seriously, please?

....For me, usually if the person doesn't talk to me at all after years have past.
Sometimes, an argument, too.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Depends on the situation

I've had to move which causes me to lose contact with people

Other friends have graduated and we mostly communicate through text

Bay

Years
When to comes to irl friends, a lot of them I've mostly lost contact or otherwise still communicate through text/online like Zero Star.

There have been less than stellar online friendships where it slipped away more harshly. I know by seeing how we don't communicate as much before, we don't follow one another on various social media sites/instant messaging, and our interests changed. There are some some people I talk too when I first joined forums 2006/2007.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I've been lucky enough where I've never actually had to end a friendship. All my friendships that have ended did so because of just growing apart. That's life.

Last edited:

TY

alternatively one could also backstab (this actually happened)

Years
  • Age 34
  • they/them
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sigh, can people take this seriously, please?

....For me, usually if the person doesn't talk to me at all after years have past.
Sometimes, an argument, too.
I'm sorry, we were joking around on Discord and I couldn't resist replying what Disturbed didn't dare to ;) I hope our friendship isn't over because of this.
/see how i saved that by being on topic

(in the future, if you truly want to avoid banter and weirdness in threads, using the [Serious] tag is a surefire way as people are required to respect the tag)

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I send my friends little cards with a picture of me hanging out with my new friends. In word-art superimposed on the picture it reads "You weren't cool enough". From that moment on, I make the very conscious to never refer to them as a friend in conversation again but instead say acquaintance. I then make sure to also not contact them anymore, and not see if they've contacted me. And if they have, I ignore those text messages, or send a fake message back reading "this number isn't in use anymore. or this phone recognized your number isn't cool enough."

Because I think friendship is all about social mobility. You just climb the shoulders of 'the lessers', as I like to call them. Because friendships end purely by me deciding to no longer put in effort. If they still do, fuck them, I'm moving up in the world. Soon I will be king and they shall bow before my golden sandals.

I think it's very important, personally, to know when a friendship is ended. Because putting a label on it exonerates me. I'm not messaging them, they haven't messaged them for a year, they don't deserve it anymore. And, yeah, sure, I didn't message them either. I have a clock. 219 days, after that done. Don't try to reconnect, hun.

Back