• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • I agree more or less with that although I wasn't a fan of most of the cast, fans of just Takuto, Watanabe, Keito and raspy voiced possibly lesbian girl (dat entrance). Wako annoyed me. -.- ....Anyway let's hope we get a new Utena sometime soon.

I wonder if Guilty Crown will be the new Code Geass.

Also, Powerpuff Girls Z....lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I hope Guilty Crown isn't the new Code Geass because truth be told... I didn't like the series as a hole. The first season I liked... R2 really messed it up for me.
    I think you're safe there as long as it doesn't get switched from airing in the middle of the night to the afternoon like Geass did.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Oh Noruniru is out soon, been waiting for a good quality full version of that for ages now.

Watched my first non sequel episode of the season, Kimi to Boku was quite funny, can't really judge a slice of life for a month or so but potentially pretty good.

Next up Chihayafuru and Tamayura (hurry up with that 720p).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Got Tamayura ready to watch as soon as I get home. Looking forward to it, as I enjoyed the original OVA series.

Suite Precure this week is late, though:/ At least I have Fresh Precure 37 to satisfy my mahou shoujo needs :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >[Doremi-CureCom].Suite.PreCure!.33.[1280x720].[7633F222].mkv
    >[NES-subs]Tamayura hitotose 01 [720p].mkv
    Took a while but they're here.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Oh Noruniru is out soon, been waiting for a good quality full version of that for ages now.

I've been considering the possibility that the single got delayed, since we haven't seen anything about it yet. Usually, the singles get onto the internet a day or two before the actual release dates. That said, the single for OP2 is also apparently on that CD, so I kind of want it now. >.>;

I just watched the first episode of Fate/Zero with Arcanine. It was interesting enough without the Servants even being involved now, so it'll be interesting (at least to someone like me who hasn't seen Fate/Stay) to see how their involvement spices up things. There's definitely the potential for a lot of tragedy.

I can't see how Guilty Crown would be the new Geass at all. It shares some similarities with mechs and the idea of a rebellion but it looks much better done and that concept was used before Geass came around. Plus, no convenient mind control.

The production values of Mashiro-iro Symphony actually look pretty good, so I think I might give it a shot despite trying to limit how much I follow this season...

It's almost Melon-pan Friday. <3

Also, the second Macross Frontier movie comes out in a couple of weeks. <3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years

• I think you're safe there as long as it doesn't get switched from airing in the middle of the night to the afternoon like Geass did.
    Since it's all one season then there's a very slim chance it'll get moved, so I think I'm safe. XD

I really need to brush up on my FSN... I think. The reason why I want to rewatch it is because I had forgotten a lot of it. But at the same time stuff was coming back to me and I was like "Oh yea... I remember this | I remember this perosn.". Truth be told, the reason why I watched FSN was because of Rin and Saber... XD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Oh both full versions of Pingudrum's openings are really good, might even like the second one more after a few listens.

They'll be on youtube before long but if you'd like a download so go look for them.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
  • I just finished watching Persona 4 animu episode 1 and it was great. I honestly expected his name to be Seta Souji like in the manga but his name is Narukami Yuu, but that's cool since Chie is already has him in her hands.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • So about this week's episode of Penguin...

Spoiler:

Also watched Persona 4 tonight. It definitely gets credit for sticking to the subject matter. BGM from the game, graphics from the game (I loled at the calender and all the sweatdrops), and animation that doesn't stray from the art style. I forgot how slow the beginning of the game is, though. >.> I was expecting to at least get to Yosuke's Persona this episode, but I guess the show is two cour. It feels weird with the main character having things to say.

As for episode 1 of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, it certainly had it's funny moments, but it wasn't really anything to write home about. I'll reserve final judgment until the rest of the cast introduced (since episode 0 was really funny). I really... just don't like Yozora, neither her design or her personality.

Mashiro iro Symphony was pretty good, too. I wasn't originally going to follow it at all, but after watching the first episode, I'm hooked. Maybe it's because I haven't watched anything in that genre in a while.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Saw the first episode of You and I, I felt like I was watching a show about a kid with Aspergers or just someone who was really really really socially oblivious. The first episode wasn't anything too great, but I enjoyed the pace the show took. It feels a little more stable to me than most slice of life shows thus far, even if the first episode was more like a prologue than a proper series introduction. The set up for the series reminds me of Honey and Clover and if it's anything like that, I'm sure I'll end up loving it. I find myself loving the colors and overall animation style used for it, though I'm not a fan of the way the faces are proportioned, looks as if there's way too much empty space in there.

I'll probably go watch Phi Brain next as far as new shows go.
    Might watch Persona 4, though I've no idea if I need to know anything about the games to get into it. (cooome on Strange Journey adaptation)

Zet

Years
  • You don't need to play the Persona games or watch Trinity Soul to follow Persona 4 the animation since it follows the Persona 4 game. And Phi Brain was pretty interesting.

Carter

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    kyoukai senjou no horizon was a tremendous letdown during the first 15 minutes -- all that chasing bored me to death and the predictability was totally blatant. the last scene where the main protagonist was introduced sparked some promise in what i hope leads to a good show. i was hesitant to watch it after the trailer but i guess giving it a couple of more episodes would be better.

boku ha tomodachi ga sukunai was mediocre. the characters were somehow flat, uninteresting but it had something 'cute' inside that stale feeling. a loner decides to create a club with another loner who is perpetually mistaken for a delinquent due to his freakishly blond hair. adding to that a popular busty girl who is searching for friends despite being surrounded by males all the time. this sequence of characters reminds me of many, many disappointing anime rendering the show a fail at the moment.

other than those two, i did not watch anything else. is there a show that is worth checking out? i heard phi brain has an interesting plot.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I like the Boku wa Tomodachi manga but I'm having second thoughts about the anime, I guess I'll see how the rest of the season starts before picking that up.

I've actually only started the Kimi to Boku and the Bakuman, Squiddy second seasons so far. I have Tamayura: Hitotose, Chihayafuru and the hyped up Persona downloaded and ready to go. I'm also planning on watching Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown and maybe Un-Go. Oh, how could I forget Urasai Friday, I've read some novel spoilers and it seems Shana 3 might be ok.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Ok, I've finally gotten around to starting stuff.

Kimi to Boku - Cute boys doing cute things in cute ways. Pretty decent art and slice of life funny...if you know what I mean.

Bakuman 2 - Seems a bit slicker than season one, should be fun.

Chihayafuru - Extremely pretty looking, likeable if not a little generic shoujo lead and of course Ginga.

Persona 4 - Not played the game so I'm not too sure what to think, it feels like a game anyway. Also dat cast.

Shana 3 - Seems we might actually have an interesting plot this season. Art has improved, well the eyes are about a 3rd smaller anyway. Yuji's hair. <3

Squiddy 2 - Really funny start.

Ben-To - "This might just be crazy enough to work"

Next up Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown.

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh Rider, you're such a man. Still as expected, ep 2 is more setup. Also liking the ED animation as well.

Shana opened up with a fun surprise, though i assume it's pretty much a fast forward to an appropriate place to finish it. supercell x Kotoko for the opening made my day on its own.

Also liking how Persona is staying true to the game

Chihayafuru
    Spoiler:

Now today is Mirai Nikki and Gundam AGE day, time to give Inazuma Gundam a chance (would be awesome if it was modern G Gundam ie racism all over the place)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The IDOLM@STER: Chances are no one still follows it but I got to say that ep 13 (yes I know 14 is out, but I watched 13 this week so suck it) was a really great ep IMO. And my fav in the series thus far. On top of that it had a few good songs that I can't wait to hear the full version to (I just wish it had animation to go along with the full song).

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai: The first ep it was ok. I try my best not to judge a series by the first ep, or go "Well... I don't know about this". Because first episodes are almost always sort of slow. I can only think of 2 series where the first ep sort of blew me away and I was like "Wow... this is going to be good.". Gurren Lagann and Angel Beats being the two shows. I think Boku wa Tomodachi will get better, and I can't wait to see the character inaction that goes on between them 3 (and more so once more people get added).

Fate/zero: It took me the whole episode to remember who Kirei was. The whole time I was thinking "I know this voice..." and I couldn't put and 2 and 2 together. Other then that I was surprised how much I remembered from FSN (when something came up that jogged my memory that is). But really it's been a few years so I need to go back and rewatch it and watch Unlimited Blade Works before going forward.

Penguindrum: Ep 13
    Spoiler:

I really like the new ED.

Persona 4: I was wondering why the main character wasn't talking. I thought maybe a new town, sort of shy and doesn't want to talk. But it didn't cross my mind that he doesn't talk in the game. So I find it less strange. XD
    Overall I liked the ep and I think it started off nicely. But I believe it's more for the fans of the series. Doesn't mean I won't have fun watching it.
    Spoiler:

btw guys... I think I can go in deeper.

Shana 3: I was sort of blown away and "WTF?"ed out by the first min and a half. The first 3 and a half mins really put me in shock. And then that epic opening came up. I've always liked Shana OPs and EDs (the songs), but that one was... really good. That was one heck of an awesome song, it's been awhile since I've wanted an OP/ED so bad. And then there's the opening itself. As far as stuff this season (I've seen 6 series, and got a few more downloaded) Shana 3 has shot to the top of my list (again not counting stuff from last season. Because Penguindrum is getting really good).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back