• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Japan to get kyrouge and groudon event

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
  • So I just heard that b4 our pokemon bank issues are resolved, the Japanese are once again being spoiled by game freak and Nintendo and having a kyrouge and groudon event. So once again japan receives events and special priveledges before everyone else. Anyone getting suck of game freaks biased treatment towards to japan?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    How dare Japan (which is where the games originated by the way) have more special event distributions!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Well, they ARE Japanese companies with HQs in Japan after all. Normally I would be a little irked, but after them getting special treatment with the events for years now, I don't care so much anymore.

I just hope they're working on the Bank too...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I was a little hopeful that with gen 6 embracing the internet age with the "always connected" PSS, that more future events would be supplied via Internet for all. This doesn't seem to be the case... I'm not upset as much as I'm disappointed with Game Freak.

Maybe things will be different when everyone has access to Bank. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Admiiral

My love= Para-hax
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Do you think it's their way to apologize about pokemon Bank crashing?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As long as the Pokemon don't have like exclusive moves or something wickedly awesome, I honestly don't mind.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Where did you hear this because I googled it and the ONLY one I found was a giveaway from the Marriland website which is just their own thing. Do you have links?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    would be nice to make a petition on Change.org, and claim for events worldwide

Edit: I just noticed that when the new pokemon movie comes out they will make a giveaway, in CoroCoro are making a Poll to see wich poke will be the chosen for the giveaway, these are the options: Darkrai, Victini, Manaphy and Jirachi, i hope it goes worldwide T.T

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I don't particularly care for the legendaries, but I was thinking that with the worldwide reason and whatnot, that events outside Japan would only be a few days apart from those in Japan. So long as they don't plan to make these events Japan (or any country) exclusive, then I won't mind being patient. But meh.

Years
  • As someone who lives in a country that never gets anything first, I don't really care. Pokemon was made in Japan, so them getting special treatment isn't surprising.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I personally would love to have a Groudon or Kyogre! If they do it in Japan only i wouldnt be that surprised.. but still a little upset because i would want those pokemon too):

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So I just heard that b4 our pokemon bank issues are resolved, the Japanese are once again being spoiled by game freak and Nintendo and having a kyrouge and groudon event. So once again japan receives events and special priveledges before everyone else. Anyone getting suck of game freaks biased treatment towards to japan?

Do you have a link to this?

The next two distribution events are known through actual media and so far nothing has shown Kyogre and Groudon. I think you just fell prey to a rumor.

Next event is the Coupon distribution which is a global one along side the release of the PokeMile Attractions on the Pokemon Global Link.

After that, there is currently a poll going on through CoroCoro as to what the next distribution will be: Jirachi, Manaphi, Darkrai, and Victini. This is to go along with the next movie release in Japan (something that does not happen outside since its more popular over there than anywhere else.)

Other than those two, there is the O-Power distribution at the Hobby Fair which is an annual thing I believe.

Japan doesn't get better treatment for nothing. Pokemon is a major thing over there while its minor everywhere else. They have more fans that give avid support than anywhere else. Really fan ratings are the only thing to blame. Why would they want to waste money doing world wide distributions when the majority of the fan base comes from home?

Similar to sports memorabilia. You find a majority of specific sports team merchandise in their home state than you will outside because majority of the fans are in that state.

I would like more distributions, but its a cause that isn't going to win unless more fans suddenly appear.

You also have international trading to think about. It costs money to do this sorta thing overseas. More money depending on your home country (I think America is one of the more expensively taxed ones.) Even software like this gets hit with it for distribution.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I'm guessing he just got confused with the Kyogre/Groudon event they got for B2/W2 from last year.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm guessing he just got confused with the Kyogre/Groudon event they got for B2/W2 from last year.

I don't think he got it confused...The 10th Anniversary Groudon and Kyogre were done in November of 2012, based on him saying they'd get them before we'd get our PokeBank, he seems to think that the Groudon/Kyogre event would be sometime this month or next month...which still hasn't been reported anywhere so I think he got tricked by some bad info from a troll.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • if you think about it, the American region had a promotion event that allowed US players to get Dialga, Palkia and Giratina from gamestop shops (all of which are shinies). If you compare that with Japan's events in pokemon X/Y which is an inkay with the happy hour move. You'd think twice before actually complain about who's being spoiled. But on the otherhand, we are all currently feeling sore from the lack of news with the pokebank release date, it can't be helped that some of us (admittedly including me) is feeling quite jealous about this rumor.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This is the first I hear about this event...
    I hope that we get the event Pokémon chosen in Corocoro...but sadly it'll proably end up like the Gen V favorite mascot contest...where Rayquaza won...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This is the first I hear about this event...
    I hope that we get the event Pokémon chosen in Corocoro...but sadly it'll proably end up like the Gen V favorite mascot contest...where Rayquaza won...

Am I misunderstanding? Corocoro is a magazine independant of Pokemon, right? So they can give away whatever they want (with permission obviously) but neither Nintendo nor Gamefreak have any obligation to give away the same pokemon in any other region, right? (Just like no other outlet has any obligation to release the Wal Mart Scizor that is currently being given out) or am I completely misunderstanding and Corocoro IS part of the Gamefreak family? Thanks for clarifying

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2015
    Am I misunderstanding? Corocoro is a magazine independant of Pokemon, right? So they can give away whatever they want (with permission obviously) but neither Nintendo nor Gamefreak have any obligation to give away the same pokemon in any other region, right? (Just like no other outlet has any obligation to release the Wal Mart Scizor that is currently being given out) or am I completely misunderstanding and Corocoro IS part of the Gamefreak family? Thanks for clarifying

Well GameFreak and CoroCoro work together, but i dont know how to exactly explain it, when GameFreak has something new to announce about pokemon, CoroCoro is the first magazine that tells the notice, but CoroCoro doesn't work only with GameFreak, they do a lot more stuff, i hope this is a good explanation XD

Back