• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

JFK

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Part of me is kinda suss at some of GP's interactions. Keeping in mind the mafia duo is a spy and a sniper. From memory of playing similar set-ups on EM I don't think they would know each other's identities? Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm guessing Spy has relayed some sort of message to Sniper to identify themselves to the Spy.

The whole interaction between GP and Midnight Umbreon leaves me a bit curious tbh. Some interesting choices of words ("If this were an anime, it would suck"), quick votes on each other, GP ending posts in very specific ways (two sentences ending with smiley faces in the post voting Midnight Umbreon, two questions ending the post voting jd)... all things that seem pretty subtle but imo are likely (and common?) ways to identify yourself to a mafia partner who you don't know.

I don't think applying pressure votes is scummy at all but I have a hunch that GP is either providing signals to the Sniper to identify himself as the Spy, or vice versa upon instruction of the Spy. So for now I'll [vote] gimmepie

Years
  • Mate
    If I were willing to send signals they would not be signals that were blatant obvious. If you actually think about it, what I'm doing is fairly clear.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Whoops I forgot this existed.

Well, my initial thoughts on the setup and a bit of strategy:

Day start helps us a lot by giving us an extra mislynch, barring gun shenanigans. We should absolutely lynch someone today, even if it's random.
    Assuming the gunsmith survives Day 1, I think they should give a gun to the President. That gives the President a chance of defending themselves in potential endgame scenarios.
    This is a very small game, so inactivity will hurt town a lot more than scum. Obviously I need to follow this point as well. :)

Part of me is kinda suss at some of GP's interactions. Keeping in mind the mafia duo is a spy and a sniper. From memory of playing similar set-ups on EM I don't think they would know each other's identities? Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm guessing Spy has relayed some sort of message to Sniper to identify themselves to the Spy.

The whole interaction between GP and Midnight Umbreon leaves me a bit curious tbh. Some interesting choices of words ("If this were an anime, it would suck"), quick votes on each other, GP ending posts in very specific ways (two sentences ending with smiley faces in the post voting Midnight Umbreon, two questions ending the post voting jd)... all things that seem pretty subtle but imo are likely (and common?) ways to identify yourself to a mafia partner who you don't know.

I don't think applying pressure votes is scummy at all but I have a hunch that GP is either providing signals to the Sniper to identify himself as the Spy, or vice versa upon instruction of the Spy. So for now I'll [vote] gimmepie
    Does spy act during the day or night? If it's a night action, this kind of thing isn't possible.

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • [Vote] Midnight Umbreon.

I don't trust your seeming casualness and lack of strategy.

Years
  • These are clearly not serious votes, they're pressure votes to get people talking and gauge reactions. It's a pretty common mafia tactic and as we were given literally nothing to go on, not even any investigative roles, they're a reasonable early way to work out some reads. For example, you look scummy as hell for trying to capitalise on is extremely flawed OMGUS vote. So this one, is serious.

[unvote] jdthebud
    [vote] Simply Dunsparce
    Fair enough. My infrequent posting and weak reasonings as to why I made my vote could be considered suspicious by many standards. My vote lands on you because you've done the most suss thing so far, and with what little we have to go off of, it does stick out a bit.

Sparkin

Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • Whoops I forgot this existed.

Well, my initial thoughts on the setup and a bit of strategy:

Day start helps us a lot by giving us an extra mislynch, barring gun shenanigans. We should absolutely lynch someone today, even if it's random.
    Assuming the gunsmith survives Day 1, I think they should give a gun to the President. That gives the President a chance of defending themselves in potential endgame scenarios.
    This is a very small game, so inactivity will hurt town a lot more than scum. Obviously I need to follow this point as well. :)

Does spy act during the day or night? If it's a night action, this kind of thing isn't possible.

The spy acts during the day, yeah

Sparkin

Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • JFK

gimmepie decides to take the initiative in the apathy-filled day in order to protect JFK. Though, his initiative brought looks of suspicion on a few who decided to aim their guns at his forehead. Shots fired, and gimmepie dies without knowing an inkling of why.
    His fallen mask revealed something about him though.

gimmepie, the Bomb, was defused.
    Night 1 has begun. Day 2 will begin in 24 hours.

Night 1
    Mr. James as the host

gimmepie as a Bomb
    aeternum
    Midnight Umbreon
    jdthebud
    Simply Dunsparce
    darthspikes
    Charlie Brown

Sparkin

Lonesome Drifter
    Years
  • JFK

Soon after gimmepie dropped dead on the ground, panic erupted in the form of screams and the noise of the citizens running away. The masked bodyguards paid no heed to gimmepie. They didn't forget him, they knew that they should be on alert on themselves.

aeternum was quick to notice the daunting silhouette of a man who seemed to be attentive of their moves. Charlie Brown had no other choice but to use the quickly coming night to hide himself, despite wasting him a chance to kill JFK.

In the midst of these successful events, one person saw through it all. darthspikes, among the bodyguards, took his gun and aimed at Midnight Umbreon.

"This plot twist would suck in an anime," said Umbreon.

"You're being too casual about this," said darthspikes, letting the trigger go off...

Midnight Umbreon, the President, should have wore a mask.
    The President has been killed. The Mafia(Charlie Brown and darthspikes) have won!

Game Over
    Mr. James as the host

gimmepie as a Bomb
    aeternum as a Bomb
    Midnight Umbreon as the President
    jdthebud as the Gunsmith
    Simply Dunsparce as a Bomb
    darthspikes as the Spy
    Charlie Brown as the Sniper

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Well that's definitely a far riskier play than I would've made haha gg though, nice job darthspikes. (He also didn't identify himself to me til the night phase lolrip)

Would be keen for another game of this set up tbh

Last edited:

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • Huh. That's actually about how I expected it would go

Also lol yeah this plot twist would suck in an anime

Last edited:
    Years
  • I figured out that spikes was maf the previous day but I couldn't do shit about it because it would probably have outed Umbreon.
    I'm assuming the rest of the town realised that too though because it would have been bloody weird not to catch on that I was intentionally voting the president at first to mislead but to assume spikes was doing the same thing.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I figured out that spikes was maf the previous day but I couldn't do shit about it because it would probably have outed Umbreon.
    I'm assuming the rest of the town realised that too though because it would have been bloody weird not to catch on that I was intentionally voting the president at first to mislead but to assume spikes was doing the same thing.

Yeah, after realizing what happened I regretted it sorry pie (~_~)

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm guessing Spy has relayed some sort of message to Sniper to identify themselves to the Spy.

(He also didn't identify himself to me til the night phase lolrip)

LOL so sorry man I misread the details of my role and thought I had to wait. Your message tipped me off though and made me reread it haha.

Gg everyone this was cool! Probably my first time being mafia on PC.

Back