• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jobs?

Years
  • My first job was bringing the newspaper which I did for like 6 months in 10th grade. A few years later I got a cleaning job in a hospital, and then shortly after that I got my most lucrative job, desk clerk in the ER of that same hospital. Don't have any job at the moment, unfortunately.

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I work as a Waitress at some posh place, had to learn silver serving, which is quite hard to get the hang of.

I plan on studying Computer Science at University but I'm not sure what I want to focus on yet, so not completely sure on my career.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I am looking for a job for the summer. I have applied to a few super markets but I have been rejected from one and the other I never even got a reply. Hope to work in gamestation over the summer and carry on when school starts again. The discounts I will get will be great as well.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • As sad as it is to say, I currently don't have a job. :/ I'm stuffed with other life issues anyway. I guess I could apply for ice cream shack employee, or even head over to Abercrombie & Fitch. I'd easily get accepted by both of them, just have to clear the path to get there first. XD

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I have recently been offered a job at my local supermarket, so that should be good :)

Sanctuary

Member #11,352
    Years
  • No job for me as of the moment.. my parents won't allow me to work since they want me to focus on school studies and other 'more important' things.
    I'd love to have a job though.. any job would do since I like getting out and doing things. :x

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I'm currently a Junior programmer at a local company. I'm still in the learning process, so it'll take a while till I become a full programmer.

Previously I had no other jobs, so I'm a bit unexperienced and unsecure at work.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Man mostly everyones job's sound like fun. Well' I don't have one as if yet, but I did apply at a Brusters and a McDonalds and I got a interview with them, and I messed everything up, twice. Go me!!!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I'm a Cashier, but a step higher, I guess. I do Self-Checkout which is a lame promotion where you stand there for hours on end, stare at the people buying a soda, and the people with a mountain of groceries. Sometimes if I'm lucky they get mad cause they can't figure out how to work it. The hours seem to go by faster on bad days :/

Ah but, when they need me they put me on a register. I always find myself doing the special "Holiday Expresslane" (lane 5) because I'm supposed to be good with people and can successfully smile like an idiot for 7 straight hours :D

Oh wow, that is the same thing I do. But I mostly be on the register. They usually schedule me to do the Self-Checkout, and I enjoy it. Sometimes I do get people who doesn't know what they are doing, but that is why I am here for. I don't know why they make so hard, it isn't hard. ~_~ That gets frustrating. But it does make the day/night faster. XD

On the register, I love they send me to the Express Lane. I love that lane! I don't have to deal so many groceries and I can go pretty fast there.

I do traffic control as well. Like I look at the lanes and if I see one that is shorter I will send the customers to the shorter lane. And I get to greet and help them if they have questions. I got to walk back and forth for about 7 1/2 hours, but I love it though.

So I am a Cashier, but I do a lot of things around it. And I am a full-timer. I been working the same grocery store for nine years. So my pay is pretty good. All my hard work is paying off! \o/

Sassy

.:breakaway:.
    Years
  • I work at this dog boarding place called Happy Days Doggie Camp. For someone like me who looooves animals, you'd imagine that being paid to play around with a bunch of dogs all day would be amazing.

Lies. All lies. :(

My boss is a prick/sexist and having 50 dogs in one area, barking and jumping all over me/each other, is not my idea of fun. DX

But hey, I get paid $8.00/hour, and that's good enough for me, so I'll live.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
  • I've worked as a soft serve person at Dairy Queen, I've work at the Drive in, and the amusement park Cedar Point.
    I just put in a bunch of applications and got a call for an interview at Arbys, though I don't want to work in food. Sometimes you have too. I need money. =/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I currently don't have a job, but I've applied(or was forced to apply) for a job at Chic-Fil-A. >.<

I did work for my Maw Maw and Paw Paw back around Christmas in the framing business. Got six dollars an hour...which is good for me. It was for my Miami trip that was coming up...ah. Miami...good times, good times....

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
  • I had a "job".. or two xD
    Because at my school we have to work once a week. So I have been working with kids, from 1-10 years xD
    I have to say 9-10 is the favorite xD
    i'm going to be a nurse ^^

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • At the moment I don't have an actual job. I do volunteer at one of the hospitals around here, which is pretty much like working, just unpayed XD; Buut in a year or so, I plan on getting off my ass and applying for a job at Barnes & Noble or Best Buy, at least until I get through college. After that, I would looove to end up doing something technology related, and dealing with Asian Relations :>

Back