• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jobs?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    What jobs do you have? had? plan on having? applying for?

For me I never had a job but I may get to be a custodian(janitor) in my school over the summer

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I have a job, talking care of kids in a gym's play centre. It's sometimes stressful because some of the kids in there are total brats, but some of them are really cute and really fun. I usually get the same kids each week, so sometimes I'll see a kid come in and be like, "Oh, crap, it's [so-and-so]," but sometimes I'll be like, "Oh, cool, it's [so-and-so]." I've been working there for almost a year and a half and the time has gone by really quickly.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I want to get a job this summer at a summer camp I used to go to but I think I'm too young.

Minato

--+
    Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2010
    For a part-time job, I plan on becoming a waiter at a nearby Korean restaurant in the near future. It just.. sounds fun xD

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm a Cashier, but a step higher, I guess. I do Self-Checkout which is a lame promotion where you stand there for hours on end, stare at the people buying a soda, and the people with a mountain of groceries. Sometimes if I'm lucky they get mad cause they can't figure out how to work it. The hours seem to go by faster on bad days :/

Ah but, when they need me they put me on a register. I always find myself doing the special "Holiday Expresslane" (lane 5) because I'm supposed to be good with people and can successfully smile like an idiot for 7 straight hours :D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You know how when you're old enough to get a job, like around sixteen? And your parents tell you to apply at the local grocery store because their standards are low, you can get a job there, and it's the worst job you can have for socializing with people? But you get the job anyhow, and you learn not to place the eggs beneath the cans of soup?

Yeah, guess what job I have?

I'm a grocery store service clerk. This means that I do the jobs no one else would be caught dead doing. Washing windows covered in cobwebs? Did it. Cleaning up sticky cans covered in years-old beer and soda? Did it. Cleaning up really nasty bathrooms? Did it. Returning four hundred dollars orders because people don't know how much money they have? Did it. Go bring in grocery carts in negative temperatures of thunderstorms? Did it.

I still like it. :/

I want to be a forest ranger though.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    I was thinkin on working part-time at a cinema near my neighbourhood...

hmmm... as a the popcorn guy...

sounds cool...? o.O

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, for 'plan on having' — lorry driver. :D
    Depends if I like driving though... if I don't, I'll just work in a warehouse loading the lorries instead; or as a stevedore, or a rating on a cargo ship. :0

I'd look for a job but I doubt there's anything outside of food or retail for me right now. Food I could probably enjoy doing (I know from work experience that I don't like retail), but I just don't like jobs that are closer to the customer end of the chain than the production one. I like to be in the middle, the trading bit. :)

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I'm trying to get a job at Michael's (arts and crafts store) this summer. I'd probably just be stocking shelves and whatnot, but at least it's not as much as school and they're paying me for it. :P

If Michael's falls through, I might try getting a job at the capital. That'd probably consist of making copies and running papers and stuff.

After that I dunno. D: I considered a bookstore, but I'm not very book-savvy so helping customers may be a problem. Fast food restaurants are just no. I also considered a pet store, but I don't want to be stuck cleaning up crap. And a grocery store just sounds like murder.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Jr. Partner in my dad's business. XD

But really, my dad has his own business and I work with him in that. I get paid pretty good, I mean I can buy a HDTV, I can buy a PS3, a nice audio tower, games, and so on without any probs. So I think I'm well off enough. XD

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I've held the position of Associate manager at a movie theatre where I got registered as a U.S. Projectionist, and I've held volunteer positions at my former school (middle+high) as a class Supervisor and Guest speaker in the graphic design classes.
    I've also held a part-time job at a local supermarket as a Dairy Clerk.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I wanna be a artist. =D

But sadly, that won't happen for a long time. I'm going to work part time at a bookstore though, man the cashier and arrange books. Simple things.

Years
    I work at a Cinema full time, I hate it...the only plus side is the fact I get to see films free and because I'm ion charge of marketing (posters ect) I get to have whatever I want when the films go. I use to love it...alot! It was new, we could muck about as long as we got the job done and my boyfriend use to work as a manager there and he was the BEST manager EVER! Drinking Vodka slushies on shift, watching films on shift, mucking about ect, it was amazing =D

I am looking for another job for the summer, hopefully HMV before I go back to college to study art.

The company my boyfriend works for now is opening a store where I live and he's gonna be the store manager (and possibly area manager) so I'm working as his supervisor there full time before college and then part time when I'm in college.

I really would like to have a job in film and video later on in life, my dream being a producer/director. Otherwise story board writer or camra person would be great. Other than that something in art/animation or a police officer.

Back