• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Juno draws things

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    [a id]up[/a id][alink id="dv"]drawings and vectors[/alink id] [alink id="poly"]low poly art[/alink id] [alink id="misc"]misc[/alink id] [alink id="css"]css / signatures[/alink id]
    Jack of many trades, master of none. :) I like to do a bit of everything, but I don't consider myself a very dedicated artist - I just have a lot of fun experimenting, drawing, making vectors, signatures, etc. so here is a gallery of my more recent drawings, vectors, signatures, etc!

Programs: Inkscape for vectors / GIMP for raster images.​
    [a id]dv[/a id]
    [alink id="up"]
    t1kMXUF.png
    [/alink id]

pyukumuku pls

alolan vanillite

perry the platypus (phineas and ferb)

woshua (undertale)

wilson (don't starve)

pikachu & totoro crossover

This one's a redraw of something I drew like 4 years ago - the original:
    Spoiler:

pikachu donut

MqXe5fD.png

meowth donut

XAHOWVE.png

pokeballs

frisk & chara

alolan vulpix

murloc tinyfin

murloc_tinyfin_by_karehn-da6vxrf.png

[a id]poly[/a id]
    [alink id="up"]
    RmvVYUh.png
    [/alink id]

bulbasaur

game of thrones sigils

tgt4Mpq.png

eO5z3bU.png

ANo6SDT.png

OfIEyfI.png

frymGsC.png

[a id]misc[/a id]
    [alink id="up"]
    bPYsw3m.png
    [/alink id]

NbKvTsz.png
    DhF7SkW.png
    U93Kidx.png
    yV37o7R.png
    64Zgfiz.png

L4olpSf.png
    MinpO3m.png
    4b7MASF.png
    QkNbb4V.png
    JOWoTJ1.png

JyJZlXs.png
    FgmYuEG.png

9Gsoria.png

j9X7ieN.png
    iPGI5Cs.png

[a id]css[/a id]
    [alink id="up"]
    k3vVAQe.png
    [/alink id]

eddard stark
    artpairs
    damc

minimal totoro vector

blood of the dragon

fire made flesh

harry potter: fred and george

don't starve together: the gentleman scientist

starving together with
    mage, wobbu, klippy & necrum

minecraft uhc hype: team mooshroom

TEAM MOOSHROOM
    wobbu zeffy aiden

hotline miami

crisis core: honor and dreams

the last of us: whatever it takes
    art blog tumblr

saints row the third: professor genki
    SUPER ETHICAL

deviantArt
    blog
    tumblr
    theme

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Dat duck. It's really a duck XD. I really like the duck drawing.

Overall its great especially the duck Pikachu. It's really cute.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Awh Juno that Pikachu is so adorable! We're gonna tweet out a link to your gallery later, with that picture, if that's alright! :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Thanks so much for all the kind comments, guys! Really appreciate it.

InkScape's the one in Ubuntu right? :)
    Ubuntu's an OS, right? :P Inkscape's not exclusive to it, if that's what you meant, it's just a vector graphics program - it can do a lot of really cool stuff (most of which I don't understand yet, but I see the amazing things people can do on it) - for the simpler things I'm doing now though, I just love that it's so flexible, and there's no quality loss when you resize your work, like in Photoshop.

Hi Juno! This is really nice work, you have a nice clean style for your drawings! However, lately I've been seeing artists with too much potential, dying when they reach a level they are comfortable with. Funny enough; this level always seems to be just pokemon with hard shading haha.

I love how you mix the pen pressure for the line art, gives a really nice touch. I'd love to see you experimenting with other styles of drawing, even if they're not as good as these one! Keep them coming, Juno. Good work.
    Will do! Still trying to find my style, tbh, don't think I have one yet. :P I don't mind though, it's fun experimenting with different things.

Awh Juno that Pikachu is so adorable! We're gonna tweet out a link to your gallery later, with that picture, if that's alright! :)
    Thanks Mana! And of course, I'd be honored!

--

Tried something different today - it started as an attempt at low poly art, but the method I used does not make it very easy to close the gaps between all the triangles (and there are soo many of them, I swear I almost went blind coloring each one individually lol), so I thought I'd just leave it like this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Wanted to experiment with gradients and manipulating shapes for a 3D effect, so I made some Pokeballs:
    Spoiler:
    Another attempt at poly art, this time on a smaller scale (and this time I did it right!) - I think I'll be doing more Game of Thrones House sigils in this style, I like how these turned out. :)
    Spoiler:
    And Pokemon donuts because why not
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    More sigils! Full-sized versions in OP. :)

The last two are lacking a bit of contrast in comparison to the older ones, I need to watch out for that, lol.

Last edited:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Juno, your work is nothing short of incredible. I'm loving the vectors in the OP! I've been putting off learning how to do vector art for quite a while now, and looking through your work has inspired me to at least attempt it soon. So thanks for indirectly motivating me ;-]

But yeah, back to talking about you and your art. I'm glad you got into drawing again, because if you didn't, this gem of a gallery probably wouldn't exist right now :-o
    Your vectors and lowpoly art are a complete pleasure to look at. I'm excited to see what other works you produce in the future!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Juno, your work is nothing short of incredible. I'm loving the vectors in the OP! I've been putting off learning how to do vector art for quite a while now, and looking through your work has inspired me to at least attempt it soon. So thanks for indirectly motivating me ;-]

But yeah, back to talking about you and your art. I'm glad you got into drawing again, because if you didn't, this gem of a gallery probably wouldn't exist right now :-o
    Your vectors and lowpoly art are a complete pleasure to look at. I'm excited to see what other works you produce in the future!
    Aw, you are too kind! ♥ Glad to hear you're considering trying vector art yourself, hope you share some with us in your gallery when you do. :)

Years
  • Hmm... Juno you painted all that? Although my art experience and judge is low i find your art interesting and calm. Nice and calm that are the first two words that come to my mind after seeing your art. Just a opinion like a drop in an ocean lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Hmm... Juno you painted all that? Although my art experience and judge is low i find your art interesting and calm. Nice and calm that are the first two words that come to my mind after seeing your art. Just a opinion like a drop in an ocean lol.
    Thank you so much! That's a very interesting comment, I don't think I've ever heard my drawings described that way. :P

---

And here's an Undertale thing I drew today - Frisk, with her little Pacifist stick and bandage, and Chara, with the knife and locket.

determination_by_karehn-d9u252q.png

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Dang I can't believe I just saw this gallery-- it's amazing!! Your low-poly works are seriously so cool, the bulbasaur for sure but I'm honestly more a fan of those GoT ones! I'm not really too familiar with lowpoly, but it's so impressive to me that each shape is so strikingly recognizable.

Also that Wilson is so on point hahaha makes me want to play now even though I'm absolutely rubbish. Love your line weights, and the simple but clean look of the icons and little graphics you've made are really lovely too. Really glad to see your works here, and hoping for more to see soon!

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I love these!

The Game of Thrones pictures are fantastic - I'd hang them on my walls!

Keep up the amazing work!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    oh%20stop%20it%20you.png

just kidding keep going

Thank you guys so much for the nice comments, they're always a pleasure to read! <3 Glad you guys are liking the low poly, they're a lot of fun to work with. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    The portraiture thread reminded me that I did start a vector self-portrait a week or two ago - I'm still kind of tweaking the colors and shading because it doesn't look quite right to me, and the hair could probably use some more details, but here it is for now, with the photo I used for reference:
    Spoiler:

I also made a new signature today and I was looking through my gallery from last year for some ideas - some of the signatures I made then I still quite like so I decided to pull a few of my favorites out and put them in this gallery too, under a new section of the OP.

Interesting how they've changed in size over time. :P I went from using gigantic signatures that barely fit within the 600x300px limit to the smaller, less flashy ones I prefer today.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Wow, really nice portrait Juno :) Shading can get tricky in vector stuff amirite? I noticed some odd parts, like under the nose. The shading suggests the light's right in front, coming a bit from the left side, but the shadow under the nose suggests that it's right in front of it. Also, the part that should darker is not shaded at all. The bottom end of the hair, below the right ear. A bit of shading over there would make justice to the portrait because it's really good!

Thanks Johnny! There were a lot of parts I just couldn't quite put my finger on, I just knew that it looked "off" - I was hesitant to post this because it's not finished, but it's really good to have someone else point these things out, since I was kinda stumped on how to proceed. :P

Back