• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just A Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    Really? I beg to differ. *Points to every 3D game that has Mantine implemented in it.*
    I don't see the Remoraids doing anything to allow Mantine to fly...

You can't be serious. EVERY true "fish" water Pokemon floats in the 3d games, so that argument is moot.

8 foot floating Sharpedo anyone?

@Silversmearglesplatter
    I, personally, am wondering why you evolved all the Pokemon Gold and Silver had.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    You can't be serious. EVERY true "fish" water Pokemon floats in the 3d games, so that argument is moot.

@Silversmearglesplatter
    I, personally, am wondering why you evolved all the Pokemon Gold and Silver had.

-Yeah but we see action from Mantine's wings, like when it is attacked it uses its wings to "fly" to its original position.

-We don't know if he made Gold's Togepi evolve into Togekiss and then possibly Togekiss yet.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
    Years
    His baggy navy blue jeans covered his black Converse slightly, but the words 'you lost the game' were still visible on the toe of his right shoe.

I have two words for you: you suck

I was just joking. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading through your fic. I'm surprised I hadn't read it yet. Oh well, I'm here now, so no harm done.

I normally don't enjoy reading romantic stories, but this one has me riveted. That in itself is a great accomplishment.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ah the stench of teen misery, beautiful, so far I like the dark tone, I'm getting tired of happiness, poor Silver-Kun.Oh, and is the rock what I think it is?Is it a Drifloon?*Winks*

Drifloon? What does Drifloon have to do with...OH. ;D

I have two words for you: you suck

I knew someone would catch that! xD

Well, they're both like...thirteen in the Battle Frontier arc, and in this they're seventeen. I'd imagine that Aipom would learn Double Hit, Sneasel would hold a Razor Claw, and Silver would find a Dusk Stone for Murkrow. O.o

And no, Togekiss has no appearance in this. I don't like Togekiss, and Togepi isn't even on Gold's main team.

I was just joking. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading through your fic. I'm surprised I hadn't read it yet. Oh well, I'm here now, so no harm done.

I normally don't enjoy reading romantic stories, but this one has me riveted. That in itself is a great accomplishment.

Well, with that said, I feel accomplished. 8D

skyterra

In Olivine city
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2008
    Well, they're both like...thirteen in the Battle Frontier arc, and in this they're seventeen. I'd imagine that Aipom would learn Double Hit, Sneasel would hold a Razor Claw, and Silver would find a Dusk Stone for Murkrow. O.o

So, in your story, it goes by how the Hoenn dex holders + Gold and Crystal de-stoned them?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    So, in your story, it goes by how the Hoenn dex holders + Gold and Crystal de-stoned them?

Pretty much, although the Hoenn Dex Holders won't be mentioned...well, they might. Just depends.

Just for the record, there are a lot of fics out there with those five that are 'de-stoned'. ^^

Luphinid Silnaek

MAGNEMITE.
    Years
    Well, then. Obsessed with the virtue of equal exchange, I review your fiction in return for your review of mine.

It's definitely one of the better works I've seen. Being a romantic fiction, the character development is quite competent. (Matters will be clarified if I inform you about the vocabulary breakdown I usually have at this time of day.) I've only ever gone as far as Volume 10 of the Pokéspecial manga, but I suppose I have the information strictly necessary to understand the fiction. It suits me, in any case, despite my aversion to romance; it is strictly dark and ruinous, which is enough for me.

I've always seen Silver to be very impersonal and cold, however; is this some development that I haven't seen in the manga? I haven't seen Gold and Silver become buddies, and neither have I seen the scene which fueled his interest, so it's likely that he becomes more emotional canonically. Well, whatever. Let me write something of any consequence.

Regarding language: perhaps the flow could use some improvement; I've never seen purely physical depiction of anything to be a good development. The feeling of a list is most effectively dispelled when some metaphysical element of the narrator's joins the events together, or otherwise gives them meaning. I refer to the moments such as:

As they walked, Silver looked over to the harbor and saw the S.S. Aqua sitting at the dock. It had a red stripe running across the hull and the name 'S.S Aqua' was in big, black letters close to the bow. The gentle waves lapped against the hull of the ship as it sat in the water awaiting its passengers. In a way, it seemed lonely.

For, indeed, writing is not merely a series of physical events but also the poetic significance behind them; and what better way to set mood and create harmony than to add this. Arrgh, I'm derailing. I suggest having the description seem to complement and prove a point in the narration, or fit nicely into metaphor. This will have the reader feel that even the more menial details mean something and the sentences are worth reading. I also suggest taking my advice cautiously, since I can utter unusual sense and nonsense side-by-side in a sleep-deprived state.

Well. Ahem. My thoughts on your characters and their progression. The personalities, as ar as I can remember, are spot-on; they accurately reflect the personalities of their canon counterparts. I feel some very interesting developments will take place between Giovanni and Silver. Giovanni appears to be indeed a little timid, cautious, soft in front of his son; I was expecting something like an iron rule. I wonder how his natural self will show itself, and why it's inhibited in the first place. (Of course, something might have happened in-canon to break his sharpness, and I never read about it, but I can't see how. Please do tell me if it has.)

Well, do please forgive me for the liquefied review. I promise a better one at a more conscious time. There should be more to comment when I have only one chapter to go into detail in and more developments in the story.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Oh, hey, my dirty mind and Silver's suspision got the best of me, now I really know what the gold, shiny things are ;) I imagined this could happen and drive Silver mad, drowned in self-pity, alcohol and depression.
    EDIT:I made a pic to show how much I like this fic, it's of Silver I know it isn't tha good, but for a 12-year old, I find it nice.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    hmm, what are those two doing? Anyways, please update faster, and also i loved the song, sure fits Silver's mood

Whoa. What do you think they're doing? :o

And about the updates, I'm writing as I post. I finish writing, then post, basically. I haven't started chapter six yet, and I'm on spring break and I...kinda want to enjoy it. :/

But, I need to get this all up...I have a 67 in math, so I'll be grounded next Monday. ;-;

Oh, hey, my dirty mind and Silver's suspision got the best of me, now I really know what the gold, shiny things are ;) I imagined this could happen and drive Silver mad, drowned in self-pity, alcohol and depression.

Minus the alcohol. :o

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    But, I need to get this all up...I have a 67 in math, so I'll be grounded next Monday. ;-;

Report Card + Paper Shredder = No grounding!

If your parents (hopefully they are gullible) ask tell them that some maniac came and ravaged your mailbox (I did it to someone once when I was like 7...), just take out any important stuff like the bills and hide them until the next day and after the mailperson comes just put the important mail back.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Report Card + Paper Shredder = No grounding!

If your parents (hopefully they are gullible) ask tell them that some maniac came and ravaged your mailbox (I did it to someone once when I was like 7...), just take out any important stuff like the bills and hide them until the next day and after the mailperson comes just put the important mail back.

Good plan...

But, we get our report cards at school, my parents are far from gullible, and I have a straight A sister. Dx

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Good plan...

But, we get our report cards at school, my parents are far from gullible, and I have a straight A sister. Dx

You mean you and not your parents receive the report card?

Alternate plan, pay a guy to make it appear he mugged you and stole the report card.

We should discuss this over PMing. I love to help people out of ineffective parenting...

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    it's so good to know your fic is getting such a good following. what other plans do you have for stories, Splatty?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You mean you and not your parents receive the report card?

Alternate plan, pay a guy to make it appear he mugged you and stole the report card.

Is your sister the pompous type who shoves that fact in your face to show off?

We should discuss this over PMing. I love to help people out of ineffective parenting...

Yes; Nah; Sometimes; Good plan. ;D

it's so good to know your fic is getting such a good following. what other plans do you have for stories, Splatty?

Well, for this story...I can't tell you. ;D But, I can tell you that it is going to fall back in to the dread persona it had early on. The reason it perked up with jokes was so that my audience wasn't gloomy all the time.

Stories later to come, an unnamed oneshot about a young man named Ciaran. I can't tell you much on this for fear the idea will be stolen by a wanderer...but, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The characters aren't canon, they're made by me...and it's not in the 'gloom' persona for the most part.

Star★Seeker

→s t y l e ;
    Years
    Awwww, but the alcohol makes everything better!*Drinks* *random hangover typing*, BTW, the way this story goes, I'll need someone to remind me to get Silver the book "Suicide for Emotionally Disrought Dummies" once I find it and his mailing address *Insert Laugh Emoticon Here*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Awwww, but the alcohol makes everything better!*Drinks* *random hangover typing*, BTW, the way this story goes, I'll need someone to remind me to get Silver the book "Suicide for Emotionally Disrought Dummies" once I find it and his mailing address :laugh:

Awwww. ;-;

Well, if you think like that, you'll like chapter six. ;D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ^ Neither, but if you want to keep guessing, just send a PM so in case you do get it right, you won't spoil it for the others who are reading this. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back