• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Just Say No. It's That Simple.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    I actually really struggle to say no. Obviously context affects it massively (as with most questions like these) but saying no to people seems to be something I have a problem with. While peer pressure is something I often laugh in the face of, I've been told very often: "you're too nice" or "you do things for people too much" or "You always let people borrow your stuff". Which is a result of my lack of ability to say no when people ask for things, of course I have my limits, but it can really become a problem sometimes.

Norou

Drifting away into an illusion
    Years
  • If it's something that I don't like then I will definitely say no to the person, if they were asking for help for something that wasn't sketchy then I would probably say yes.

Sir Codin

I have to do it every day because women constantly ask me to have sex with them, but I'm often too busy getting shit done. As a result, I've grown quite irritated of the sound of women crying.

Azelfino

Willpower
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I can say no. The problem is the people I'm saying it to don't seem to understand what no means!

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
  • It depends who the person is really. Like with most people I just say yes and agree with them a lot because it's just easier for me in my opinion but then there's these 3 people who turned creepy really fast and most things that they say I just say no to because damn they're twisted. But then afterwards I'll feel bad for saying no even though I have every right to; I'm that kind of person and it really sucks when I put up with creeps every day.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I just say easily if i don't feel comfortable with that person, but sometimes i try to suppress it, as it does not look too great.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
  • I don't directly say no to a person I'll just state the reason why I would hate/would not do it. Although, most of the time I'm a yes man as long as I'm in the mood. lol

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Depends on the person. I mean I'm pretty good at telling people "no" unless it comes to my boyfriend's family, in which case I can't say no to them 'cuz they terrify me. But with everyone else I'm great at it.

Years
  • I never actually say "no" in social situations, to be honest. Usually I just various forms of the word, and when I mean it, then I'll get serious and say no.

Usually if someone asks me to do something I don't enjoy doing constantly is when I'd say no, but typically I say "nah" or "naw" most of the time.

Years
  • I try not to say no because of fear of the person's reactions, I'll mostly beat around the bush, but there are occasions I'll tell somebody No.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • Depends on the circumstances. If it's something I won't do (like smoking), I'll definitely say no, and I'll always say no to drinking and driving. Just no. I'm usually pretty chill about doing whatever as long as it's not illegal or something that'll get me into some kinda trouble. If there's something I'm not feeling, I'll just beat around the bush a bit and then come out and say no. Not really all that great at saying it, but yeah.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have a problem saying it, but I never really do. Usually I honestly don't mind doing something for someone.

Back