• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which of the original 151 do you find the cutest?
The starters, pidgey, eevee, pikachu and mew
Spoiler:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Which of the original 151 do you find the cutest?

I find Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mew, Pidgey and Rattata, Sandshrew, Poliwag and Meowth (when it, only the nidoran family had genders in Gen 1, isn't busy being evil :D) along with the starters all come into the cute catagory

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Eevee and Snorlax for the win. I mean, how could you not love these guys? One's fluffy and small, the other is so big you could jump on him!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Sorry I haven't been on for a couple days. Things have been incredibly hectic with my life. But, I'll go ahead and get to updating all the points, PotW, etc.

I'd have to agree that Mew (and about every other "Mew" clone) is just so cute. I mean, look at it! It just looks like a cute little pink cat with an abnormally long tail. I love it!

EDIT: Everything shall be updated momentarily. Here's a new topic, fitting with our new PotW:
Which side of the "Nidos" do you prefer? The males, or the females?
For me, I honestly like the female side better. They're not as gruesome looking, and I personally do not like that kind of appearance in Pokemon. Also, Nidoqueen seems to look better in battle in my opinion; not sure why, lol. So, Pokemon seems to have their own version of feminine superiority. Both sides of the Nidos, though, have rather impressive movepools, being some of the very few Pokemon able to effectively use the "BoltBeam" combo, along with adding excellent coverage from Fire Blast and Surf.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Which side of the "Nidos" do you prefer? The males, or the females?

The females, for the sole reason that I used a Nidoqueen in my Nuzlocke run of FireRed, and she completely dominated Lance. Plus, I think female Nidorans are cuter than the males.

Years
Nidoking is awesome, granted that i rarely use it but if i nuzlocke and what not i will. It's strong and looks how a king should. Although that mouth of his with the teeth poking up looks like a reverse simpsons character :/

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Username: ShinySearcher01
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Eevee
Partner Pokemon: Runa the Eevee

Can I please join? I love the gen I Pokemon, they look like I think Pokemon should.
But I've never played RBY, the only Kanto I've played is HGSS's. :( Can I still join?

To go with the topic, I think Nidoking looks better. Nidoqueen just looks weird to me, I can't really understand why. Also, I'd like to donate a prize Pokemon (not shiny, sorry), but I can't trade. Soo, I was wondering, if I could give you a PokeCheck page, you could just download it? Just don't trade it other than in the club, if you don't mind. Thanks!

EDIT: EPIC FAIL. But here: Indigo Plateau.

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
SS, you're missing something from your join post. Review the rules to find it. ;) But, yes, if you want to donate a prize Pokemon and give me the PokeCheck page, I can download the Pokemon myself (via PokeGTS so I don't get that annoying ribbon) after I verify that it qualifies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The males side of the Nidos are boss. xD They look tougher and stronger, and much more poisonous. Though they look like they have more defense. xD

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I went ahead and updated the OP. Our new member, ShinySearcher01, has made a donation to our prize Pokémon. Feel free to keep them coming, SS!

Jayster23, you're almost to Elite Status! Keep up your activity in this club, and you'll be there before you know it!

I'd have to agree that, while I like Nidoqueen's design a bit more, it's true that Nidoking is better in battle, simply due to its higher stats. They both have access to almost the same moves, and access to Sheer Force, so.... yeah.

Here's a nice little meme about the female side of the Nidos:
Spoiler:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Idk if I still gotta introduce myself but here you go!

Username: ShinyUmbreon189
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Raichu, Charizard, and Vaporeon
Partner Pokemon: Jolty- My Raichu.

I also agree, Nidoqueen and Nidoking are both good; It just depends if you want a more attack based Pokemon or Defense based Pokemon.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Idk if I still gotta introduce myself but here you go!

Username: ShinyUmbreon189
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Raichu, Charizard, and Vaporeon
Partner Pokemon: Jolty- My Raichu.

I also agree, Nidoqueen and Nidoking are both good; It just depends if you want a more attack based Pokemon or Defense based Pokemon.
Welcome to the club :D
I like nidoking since it has a horn lol and I like an all-out attacker rather than defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back