• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Least favorite Gen I Pokemon?
    Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna, zubat and rattata. They all are so annoying
    For every grass/cave (for zubat) route i've had to walk across while being attacked every 3 steps by them.Why is this pokemon seriously in every route?
    Magikarp. It goes without saying

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
    Years
  • Username: TheAC29
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Kabutops
    Partner Pokemon: Slasher the Kabutops
    What was your favorite Gen I starter: My favorite Gen 1 starter is Bulbasaur, because Bulbasaur is a good starter to battle against Brock's Rock Type and Misty's Water Type pokemon.

Last edited:

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Username: TheAC29
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Kabutops
    Partner Pokemon: Slasher the Kabutops
    What was your favorite Gen I starter: My favorite Gen 1 starter is Bulbasaur, because Bulbasaur is a good starter to battle against Brock's Rock Type and Misty's Water Type pokemon.
    Welcome! Kabutops, nice :) I've never used a Bulbasaur. D: But that does sound useful, with the type advantage against two early gyms. And while I'll bit more time for people to answer, I agree with everyone on Rattata, Zubat, etc. THOSE THINGS WERE SO ANNOYING OMG I THOUGHT I'D DIE.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    welcome to the club,TheAC29!!!
    feel free to answer some ongoing questions!!

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    New topic:
    As for me, I think Charizard. So overrated! It has a nice shiny sprite though, so I like it for that.
    aw I really like Charizard but its fans are actually really anoying. Stat wise I find typhlosion suits me far better as a fire type and Blastoise as a gen 1 starter.

My least favourate is probually Mr.Mime. Battlewise its not bad at all but damn I find it creepy (and not in a good way).

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]Least favorite gen 1 pokemon.

Dragonite. Like charizard it is just over rated and over used and I don't really like dragonite when it comes to looks either.[/SIZE]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Hey guys, I'm back!

Anyway, answering current topic: I'd say my least favorite Gen I Pokemon would have to be... Muk. I mean, it's just a pile of sludge. And it's pretty outclassed in terms of usefulness in battle. Not a big fan of it. No offense to anyone who likes it; just not my cup of tea.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024

It has to be Chansey.
    Everything about it is just weak & boring: anatomy, game stats, etc. & not only do I hate the fact that the sole purpose of its existence is being a pokénurse
    , but looking back at my days of playing Yellow, I simply couldn't stand how hard they made it to catch one.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

It has to be Chansey.
    Everything about it is just weak & boring: anatomy, game stats, etc. & not only do I hate the fact that the sole purpose of its existence is being a pokénurse
    , but looking back at my days of playing Yellow, I simply couldn't stand how hard they made it to catch one.
    Agreed. They're just so.. boring! The one thing they're good for is Lucky Eggs, although it takes forever to find one.
    Hey guys, I'm back!

Anyway, answering current topic: I'd say my least favorite Gen I Pokemon would have to be... Muk. I mean, it's just a pile of sludge. And it's pretty outclassed in terms of usefulness in battle. Not a big fan of it. No offense to anyone who likes it; just not my cup of tea.
    WB! Yeah, Muk isn't that great is it. It's as you said, a pile of sludge. Never really used it in battle though.

New topic:
    In your opinion, cutest Gen I Pokemon?
    As for me, Eevee without a doubt. That thing is adorable <3 And it's evolutions aren't that bad in battle either.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I'd have to disagree on Chansey, actually. Me being a competitive battler, I've experimented with many Pokemon, Chansey being one of them. Give that thing an Eviolite, EV it in its Defense, and it becomes one of the best walls in the game, with access to reliable recovery in Softboiled. It has access to Seismic Toss so it doesn't need to be concerned about its low offensive stats, and it can strike back hard with Counter after taking a physical hit, due to its massive HP stat.

As far as the cutest Gen I Pokemon, I'll let this picture be my answer:
    Spoiler:

Pikachu! Just look at it! How can you not puke rainbows at its utter cuteness?!

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • Pikachu! Just look at it! How can you not puke rainbows at its utter cuteness?!

Because of this:
    images

Ain't that just adorable? And that is why Eevee shall always be the cutest Pokemon. Ever.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Should Magnemite/Magneton be only an Electric type, or do you like it's newly Electric/Steel type duo?

I think Magnemite's typing is perfect. I don't mind either way, but since steel got introduced in second gen, it dosen't really change my view on the megnemite line.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

• New topic:
    As for me, Eevee without a doubt. That thing is adorable <3 And it's evolutions aren't that bad in battle either.
    Hmm, this one is extremely hard. If I were to choose from their original sprite designs back in Red and Blue, I would definitely say not Pikachu, but that's not the question here :p
    Though seriously, choosing this stuff is so extremely hard due to all the cute Pokémon that actually are, and just choosing from one generation is difficult decision in itself. I would probably have to go with Eevee. I mean there are a lot of other cute Pokémon in the first generation, like Pikachu, Mew, Clefairy AND PIDGEY!!!! but there's no denying that Eevee is extremely cute, and the cuteness follows through most of the evolutions too, so Eevee it is. Pidgey gets second place though :D

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • In your opinion who is the cutest Gen 1 Pokemon

Mew

It is just so playful all of the time and has never wanted to fight at all. Even with all that power it is said to have.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The cutest Generation I Pokemon would all consist of Mew vs Vulpix vs Eevee vs Pikachu

In my mind, it's a tie between the two foxes and the cat. Pikachu falls in 4th, not far, behind them ;)

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    charmander, eevee and mew
    Mew_by_Loversoftheworld855.jpg

eevee_by_SailorClef.png

Charmander_Plushie__by_SnowFox0027.jpg

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I think I'll bring up a new topic. I think it's been discussed before, but a long time ago:
    Are there any Pokemon of Generation I that you think need evolutions?

The only Pokemon I think needs an evolution is Farfetch'd. Its stats are just terrible all around, and its only saving grace is Swords Dance. If it didn't have Swords Dance, it would be utterly useless other than as an HM slave. Sorry to be blunt, but it's the truth. Its highest base stat is its Attack, which is only 65.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I am back with a vengeance!

On topic, I think Tauros, Farfetch'd, and Pinsir needs evolutions. Lapras needs a pre-evo ( a cute one!), and Venomoth needs a thrid evo. Yup yup!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back