• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
  • Are there any Pokemon of Generation I that you think need evolutions?

Pretty much the ones that has already been said. Pinsir and Tauros are in dire need of evolutions, and actually, why didn't they make Bouffalant the evolution of Tauros. I mean, they are so similar, and though they may not be based on the same species of animals, the majority of the fanbase wouldn't care. What they do care about is that it didn't happen, so yeah.

Pokémon in need of prevolutions would be Lapras and Kangaskhan. I just think both of them seems so alone in a sense, and it'd just make sense, since they're both big Pokémon, and I could easily picture prevolutions for them.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Lapras and Kangaskhan also seemed to be the motherly Pokemon, so why not hvee cute little babies for them to take care of? It would be better that way, really. Plus all this egg hatching to a Kangaskhan with a baby issue will be resolved.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Are there any Pokemon of Generation I that you think need evolutions?
    pre-evolution of lapras and onix
    evolution of Tauros, Farfetch'd and Arbok

Years
    • Seen yesterday

I would love to see a 3rd evolution of Raticate & Fearow, maybe a pre-evolution of Staryu.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Username: Pikachukid
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: :chu:
    Partner Pokemon: Pika the Pikachu

Had to use the smiley I was looking at the Sign Up as I was writing it and it was Pika everywhere I wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Indigo Plateau!!! with all that craziness (if you know what I mean wink, wink)

Besides Farfetch'd? Pinscir I expected one when Scyther got one to tell you the truth...
    And it doesn't need one but it'd be interesting to see what they could do with a Ditto don'tcha think?

As for the cutest pokemon you already know who it is: Pika of course! Jigglypuff with its attractive eyes and puffy personality running in second (with some considerable distance of course haha), followed by Vulpix the adorable little fluff of hair with fiery eyes

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Hi there, Pikachukid!

Ditto is in fact an interesting Pokemon, but I think it has served its purpose with just itself. Being the Pokemon world's breeding partner (that sounds wrong), I think Ditto is enough as it is.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Username: Pikachukid
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: :chu:
    Partner Pokemon: Pika the Pikachu

Had to use the smiley I was looking at the Sign Up as I was writing it and it was Pika everywhere I wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the Indigo Plateau!!! with all that craziness (if you know what I mean wink, wink)

Besides Farfetch'd? Pinscir I expected one when Scyther got one to tell you the truth...
    And it doesn't need one but it'd be interesting to see what they could do with a Ditto don'tcha think?

As for the cutest pokemon you already know who it is: Pika of course! Jigglypuff with its attractive eyes and puffy personality running in second (with some considerable distance of course haha), followed by Vulpix the adorable little fluff of hair with fiery eyes
    Welcome! Hope you'll have fun here c:

I've always thought a second evolution to Ditto would be interesting. It'd be a different color and.. just a bigger blob I guess! Also as Ditto's smile was based on :), maybe the evolution's could be :D, haha.

Zortac

League Champion
    Years
  • Sign-up form
    Username: Master Chipsoft
    Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Blastoise
    Partner Pokemon: Cannon the Blastoise
    I like Pokemon G/R/B/Y more than ever.I like the way GameFreak made the pokemon in Gen.1.I like the way GameFreak designed the towns,cities,routes in Gen. 1.I like the way GameFreak made the music in Gen.1.But, most of all I like the way GameFreak made the Indigo Plateau!

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years

• Welcome! Hope you'll have fun here c:

I've always thought a second evolution to Ditto would be interesting. It'd be a different color and.. just a bigger blob I guess! Also as Ditto's smile was based on :), maybe the evolution's could be :D, haha.

That's exactly what I was thinking! A bigger blob with better stats (grimer and muk wink, wink), the smiley faces facts was new to me though

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • Are there any Pokemon of Generation I that you think need evolutions?

I always wanted Lapras to be part of an evolutionary line...And I think it really needs one!
    And it would be nice to see an evolution of Pinsir as I always thought of it as a counterpart to Scyther. Scyther got Scizor after all.

(exams finished I'm back at last!!)

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Bump

New topic:
    Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    In my opinion, Muk and Grimer are tied for this spot. I've always disliked them, and the look definitely didn't help :P
    (Oh hey, I'm back, finally :P )
    Welcome back!

Years
  • Username: ZachLMedia
    Favorite Gen I Pokémon: Blastoise
    Partner Pokémon: Sheldon the Blastoise
    Answer to the current topic: I would say the ugliest Gen I Pokémon is Ditto because of the factor that it's faceless, thus not showing any emotion.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Welcome to the club, ZachLMedia, I hope you'll have fun posting around in the club :D

Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    If we're talking the old R/B sprites, I'd go directly to Pikachu. Its old sprite was goddang terrible, and I'd hardly be able to recognize it as the present Pikachu if it wasn't because I played the old games. Though in general, I'd have to agree on Muk. Grimer's eyes are cute enough to make it pass, however Muk got a very agressive looking expression, and was made like 3 times larger, so most of the cuteness kinda fell apart in the evolution, and has left it as the Pokémon I'd see as the ugliest. Sorry Alex! :<

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    Jynx and Mr. Mime. They're just plain hideous especially since they're humanoid looking. Hypno comes close but he's more creepy than Ugly really.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    hough in general, I'd have to agree on Muk. Grimer's eyes are cute enough to make it pass, however Muk got a very agressive looking expression, and was made like 3 times larger, so most of the cuteness kinda fell apart in the evolution, and has left it as the Pokémon I'd see as the ugliest. Sorry Alex! :<
    We are no longer friends.

Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    Hitmonlee. Hands down. I mean seriously what, that thing looks gross! There's absolutely nothing appealing about its design imo. The huge bulky legs topped with the weird dome-like body that doesn't seem at all fully formed it just pretty disturbing to me; I've never liked Hitmonlee for this reason. And I've gotta admit, Grimer/Muk certainly aren't the most attractive Pokémon, but I certainly wouldn't call them ugly. Things like Victreebell and Gloom are way worse xD I don't love them for their looks though so it's okay if things are ugly c: Oh and Kangaskhan, that thing's pretty darn ugly too.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Ugliest Gen I Pokemon?
    Jynx and Mr. Mime. They're just plain hideous especially since they're humanoid looking. Hypno comes close but he's more creepy than Ugly really.

Yes!! Jynx and Mr. Mime are just... eug. But I like Hypno, or more I did until that darn creepypasta.

For some reason I liked Hitmonlee as a kid. It was just cool. Looking back I see it's some odd kind of blob with tubes for legs and hey, Victreebel is awesome

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    For some reason I liked Hitmonlee as a kid. It was just cool. Looking back I see it's some odd kind of blob with tubes for legs and hey, Victreebel is awesome

I just Googled some art and omg, since when does Hitmonlee have arms...? xD That has raised my opinion of it tenfold; I always thought it was just a sack with legs lmao. And yeah Victreebell is indeed awesome, but that doesn't make it look any less ugly. x] But what defines ugliness in this context? Like I think Grimer/Muk look freaking amazing, but I would also say they're ugly since come on, they're purple piles of goo. Being ugly doesn't necessarily make the Pokemon any worse. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back