• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
  • This is probably the most fun Pokemon game I've ever played, and I've played all generations. So much to do. I only reached Day Care today, and I already have 26 hours in-game. I kinda want to enjoy the game as much as I can, as I might lose interest once I beat E4. So I'm training lots of Pokemon. Like, I have a whole box with reserve Pokemon I'm training. My story team is Kalos-only though. Current main team members are Fennekin, Espurr, Pancham, Fletchling, Froakie, Honedge and Litleo. I was using a Vivillon too, but I ended up trading it for a Japanese 2IV Ditto. I really wanted a Ditto, but didn't have any spare Vivillons, so I ended up trading my precious team member. Sad time.

I kinda feel bad for Wonder Trading ****mons, as I Wonder Traded a lot. Since I've just reached Day Care, I decided to breed some starters and Friend Safari-only Pokemon so I can release them via Wonder Trade. It sucks when you get a ****mon, but what can you do, make Wonder Trade post game only? They are useful in the story mode though. I don't really care if that Eevee has perfect IVs or not in story mode (of course me being so lucky, I got two physical Eevees via WT).

When I found out about shinies being more common, I was a bit happy, as I've NEVER in my life seen a shiny that isn't Gyarados. Of course, after so many wild fights, I still haven't seen a shiny. Thankfully I have a Japanese Ditto, so I should at least get a shiny from breeding, right? ;_;

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    ok just beaten the elite four and o boy I didn't expected HER to be the champion lol :p

oh well i got to be a champion thanks to my current team:

-Lucario
    -Lapras
    -Raichu
    -Drifblim
    -Chestnaught
    -Farfetch'd

And the cutscene was superb I cried at the end haha! Don't worry though, manly tears were shed.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I was looking for a female Helioptile, and instead I found a shiny. Unfortunately, it was a shiny Hippopotas, which looks almost exactly the same as the normal one. Same goes with shiny Hippowdon.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2017
    I just caught a shiny Dragalge! My first sucessful attempt at chain fishing. I'm so excited lol.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Update time.

I evolved Honedge into Doublade, made it to Coumarine and beat Serena and Ramos. After beating Ramos, I thought to myself, "I should've evolved Combusken before coming in". Ah, well. Combusken still evolved after a bit of training. I also took the Good Rod out for a spin. I don't want to bother with chain fishing yet.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 42
    -Thief
    -Round
    -Surf
    -Water Shuriken
    Nature: Timid

Blaziken, male, level 36
    -Shadow Claw
    -Double Kick
    -Cut
    -Blaze Kick
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Floette, female, level 36
    -Nature Power
    -Magical Leaf
    -Fairy Wind
    -Wish
    Nature: Modest

Doublade, female, level 36
    -Aerial Ace
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 36
    -Flying Press
    -Rock Tomb
    -Roost
    -Fly
    Nature: Naive

Lucario, male, level 36
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Claw
    -Bone Rush
    Nature: Hasty
    Item: Lucarionite
    Ability: Steadfast

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    After beating Olympia (who wasn't difficult imo), I healed at the Pokémon Centre prior to heading to Lysandre Café. After clearing Lysandre Labs, I flew to Geosenge for the climax.
    I wanted a challenge, so I left my Florges in the pc and didn't at all use Xerneas; limitations aside, I found Lysandre to be somewhere between "easy" and "somewhat challenging". After that, I continued on and eventually arrived in Snowbelle, after which I went over to the Pokémon Village for Wulfric.

I plan on challenging Wulfric tomorrow.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Since catching a female Luxio with the ability Guts in the Friend Safari, I've been cycling between Route 7 and Camphrier Town breeding and hatching Shinx eggs until I can get a Jolly nature Shinx with Guts. I've also been playing with my female Adamant Mawile on Amie that I got over Wonder Trade. These are just two of the Pokémon amongst many that I want to EV train and use against the Battle Maison.

Taking a detour from the egg hatching this morning, I also caught a Timid Butterfree and a Jolly Pinsir w/ Moxie in the Friend Safari today. Not sure how I got so lucky, but I'm glad it happened! Now I'm considering EV training this Pinsir and finding its Mega Stone to use as another Battle Maison team member.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • Right now, I'm outside of Terminus Cave, training my new party. I found that my game was getting too easy around the sixth badge, so I decided to switch my party up.

Roster:

Clara the Pinsir (Jolly female, Lv. 33)

Talia the Murkrow (Lonely female, Lv. 27)

Neon the Lanturn (shiny Modest female, Lv. 30)

Matteo the Meowstic (Timid male, Lv. 26)

Micah the Aromatisse (Modest male, Lv. 26)

Robb the Venusaur (Bold male, Lv. 51)

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    currently capturing boxes of ditto... need to get 5v ditto badly T_T

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I started my game a long while ago, and right now I'm in Anistar City preparing to fight my rival. I'm also using Wonder Trade and GTS to trade Pokemon I no longer need. My team is:
    Lucario Lv. 53
    Roserade Lv. 53
    Flygon Lv. 54
    Azumarill Lv. 54
    Aurorus Lv. 54
    Delphox Lv. 56

I think I should stop catching Pokemon. XD My Pokemon level up too fast. Well, that's also partly because of Pokemon Amie.

EDIT: Right now, I beat Olympia in Anistar City, and went through Lysandre Labs and what not. I also caught Xerneas with my first Quick Ball. XD I knew its catch rate was the same Palkia and such, but I didn't expect it to be that easy. At the moment, I'm fighting Lysandre and owning him like usual.

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Went through Snowbelle Gym in one go, and even without healing, Wulfric was quite easy (says the guy with a Delphox and Lucario). I then headed east for the Victory Road, after which I saved at the League and went to Terminus Cave with the intention of clearing it and raising the levels of my more underleveled members.

Current Team:

Delphox "Marisa" lv.62
    Venusaur "Frenzy" lv.62
    Lucario "Anubis" lv.62
    Florges "Hikari" lv.60
    Heliolisk "Gil" lv.60
    Noivern "Anju" lv.60

This gen's Victory Road is by far my favourite.

Naxus_Darkstar

Team Warlock!!!!
    Years
  • Hatched a 31/31/31/31/31/31 modest larvesta! It had flame body ;_; two eggs later I got the one I wanted though

Larvesta, modest nature, female, w/ swarm
    31/x/31/31/31/31

My perfect battle maison team only needs Smeargle now. Soon the Lansat and starf berries will be mine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    Just after defeating Korrina and I got a Charmander in Wonder Trade! ^^ I plan on playing for a while longer, and hopefully I'll get to the next gym before I call it a night.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Hello, everyone~ I'm finally able to join in on the Kalos experience~ Got my 3DS XL, Pokemon X, and Pokemon Y last night, and got some progress made before work today.

Alright, to start things off, I'd just like to say that this game so far has blown me away. So much 3D. So much good music. ...SITTING! It's all just omgwtfishappeninghnnnnggg. So, I start the game in Vaniville Town. Have to say it's pretty small, but really beautiful. I meet my new friends, and pick Fennekin as my starter cause... cute fox. Shauna challenges me to a battle and, since Fennekin already had Ember... easy. The rival battle animation was a really nice touch, too!

I eventually catch a Fletchling, then a Bunnelby, and practically faceroll the first Gym. Oh, by the way. ...ROLLER SKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES!!! I had to stop here for work, so this entry is rather short. I left off trying to get a female Combee, only to get a Timid one. Used Wonder Trade for lulz and got a Lv. 9 Furfrou.

• Trainer Name - Eru
    • Adventure Started - 11/12/2013
    • Hall of Fame Debut - N/A
    • Total Playtime - 2:16
    • Number of Badges - 1
    Until next time~

Syltti

Years
  • Hello, everyone~ Been nearly 24 hours since my first entry and I figured now would be a good time to make another while taking a break. Quite a bit has happened. Sadly, the constant excitement has caused me to forget most of what happened. xD But to summarize things:

1. From my initial entry's party (Fennekin, Fletchling, Bunnelby), I have expanded my team a little. I now have Espurr (Female - Lv. 24), Skiddo (Female - Lv. 23), Floette (Female - Lv. 25), Empress, the Vespiquen (Female - Lv. 26), Elisa, the Ralts (Female - Lv. 10), Yayoi, the Absol (Female - Lv. 16), Mienfoo (Female - Lv. 15), Ami, the Mawile (Female - Lv. 17), Amaura (Male (sadly) - Lv. 20), Charmander (won't be used for a very long time), Fletchinder (Female - Lv. 26), Braxien (Male - Lv. 27), plus a few Pokemon from Wonder trades.
    2. Currently have 2 Badges.
    3. Received the Dowsing Rods and Bicycle.
    4. Changed Eru's hairstyle slightly and changed the color to Black. She's currently using Blue contacts.
    5. Completed the Super Training tutorial.
    I'm mad at myself for forgetting every detail, as I miss my informative travel log entries that ere done for White/White 2. I'll try better next time~

• Trainer Name - Eru
    • Total Playtime - 2:16-> 11:16
    • Number of Badges - 1-> 2
    • Pokemon Seen - Central: 69, Coastal: 28
    • Pokemon Caught - Central: 17, Coastal: 5
    Until next time~

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I did some sightseeing in Lumiose and beat Clemont. I still don't know my way around Lumiose, but I'm slowly getting used to it. I also took a break from the main storyline to breed a Gooey Goomy that I got from Wonder Trade. I succeeded in getting a Quiet one with good IVs all round.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 50
    -Thief
    -Extrasensory
    -Surf
    -Water Shuriken
    Nature: Timid

Blaziken, male, level 45
    -Shadow Claw
    -Double Kick
    -Cut
    -Blaze Kick
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Speed Boost

Floette, female, level 45
    -Nature Power
    -Magical Leaf
    -Fairy Wind
    -Aromatherapy
    Nature: Modest

Doublade, female, level 45
    -Iron Head
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 45
    -High Jump Kick
    -Rock Tomb
    -Roost
    -Fly
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Unburden

Goomy, female, level 9 (training)
    -Tackle
    -Bubble
    -Rain Dance
    -Absorb
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Gooey

Syltti

Years
  • Good morning, everyone~ Got a bit of a hefty update here. From where my last update left off (Cyllage City), I explored Route 10 a bit, to find Team Flare up to no good again. Taking those grunts out took no trouble at all. Wasn't a whole lot to do in Geosenge Town, but Korrina showed up and challenged me. Since I have both Fairies and a Fire type on my team, those Lucario went down in seconds.

Reflection Cave. The bane of my existence. All. Those. Wobbuffet. And there was this Blackbelt guy in there who was all, "BATTLE!" and proceeded to wrecking my team in their faces with a Lv. 30 Sawk. ...Hate him. Anyway, managed to make it out of the cave alive, and got to Shalour City. Korrina's gym was fun, and the battle even more so. After beating her, she wanted me to go to the Tower of Mastery to challenge her again. Lucario and I made short work of Korrina and her Lucario with MEGA... EVOLUSHUUN! I didn't really explore Route 12 much, and need to go do that today after work. Went to Coumarine City and wrecked Calem, again. Went through the Gym leveling up my Fletchinder (who got left behind at Lv. 26), and defeated Ramos. Wasn't that difficult a fight, considering Braixen evolved and got dat Mustical Fire. Hit Route 13 and got ambushed by tons of Trapinch and Gible. Eventually made it to the power plant where Team Flare was up to their usual crap. Found that that Flare Admin was a weirdo, and that their scientist was slightly interesting.

After all that, I made it back to Lumiose City to see the Prism Tower light up. Good stuff. Then I went around the city doing stuff so I could finally enter Boutique Couture. Got in, bought some of the cheaper stuff, now I have to work on becoming more stylish so those prices drop. Also got into a random battle with an acquaintance. Lost miserably. First loss of my Gen 6 career. xD

Current Team:

Elisa, the Gardevoir
    Female, Lv. 38, @Amulet Coin
    -Heal Pulse
    -Confusion
    -Magical Leaf
    -Calm Mind
    Nature: Relaxed

Yayoi, the Absol
    Female, Lv. 38
    -Slash
    -Bite
    -Quick Attack
    -Swords Dance
    Nature: Sassy

Floette
    Female, Lv. 40
    -Aromatherapy
    -Magical Leaf
    -Fairy Wind
    -Petal Blizzard
    Nature: Serious

Meowstic
    Female, Lv. 40
    -Shadow Ball
    -Psyshock
    -Psychic
    -Charge Beam
    Nature: Mild

Ami, the Mawile
    Female, Lv. 41
    -Fairy Wind
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Iron Defense
    -Crunch
    Nature: Bashful

Delphox
    Male, Lv. 41 @Mind Plate
    -Psyshock
    -Light Screen
    -Mystical Fire
    -Lucky Chant
    Nature Naive

• Trainer Name - Eru
    • Total Playtime - 11:16 -> 18:51
    • Number of Badges - 2 -> 4
    • Pokemon Seen - Central: 69, Coastal: 28-> Central: 90, Coastal: 57, Mountain: 11
    • Pokemon Caught - Central: 17, Coastal: 5 -> Central: 22, Coastal: 7, Mountain: 1

Until next time~

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • All righty, a little update from my previous post. ^^

I finished all of that Team Flare business and I headed toward Snowbelle City. During my travel to the city, I fought Shauna, Trevor, and Tierno. After all that, I went to Snowbelle City. I did a bit of exploring, finding as many items as possible. Afterwards, I travelled into the Winding Woods to find Wulfric in the Pokemon Village. Right now, I'm in Winding Woods finding random items. XD

My team:
    Aurorus Lv.61
    Flygon Lv.61
    Azumarill Lv.61
    Lucario Lv.62
    Roserade Lv.63
    Delphox Lv.64

I didn't really feel like including specifics in my team. XD

Back