• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
The time slowly came for me to fight Elite Four, after 120 hours of playing. Surprisingly, they were really really easy. I was way underleveled for the battles to be that easy. The only painful mons were Gyarados because he maxed out via DD and Goodra. Mega Gardevoir went down with one Avalanche from my Avalugg.

My team was:
Barbeice the Avalugg, Lv. 54, Rash, Icicle Plate
Earthquake, Frost Breath, Avalanche, Ice Fang

Jotaro the Pangoro, Lv. 58, Jolly, Black Belt
Shadow Claw, Crunch, Brick Break, Earthquake

Gipsy the Delphox, Lv. 58, Timid, Odd Incense
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Flamethrower

Edgy the Aegislash, Lv. 56, Quirky, King's Rock
Shadow Claw, Sword Dance, Sacred Sword, Iron Steel

Greymon the Tyrantrum, LV. 58, Docile, Hard Stone
Crunch, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Ancient Power

Chesnaught, Lv. 60, Impish, Rocky Helmet
Spiky Shield, Seed Bomb, Power-Up Punch, Synthesis

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
bought a Nintendo 3DS and PKMN X yesterday, and I'm loving my adventure so far. :3
Right now, I'm on Route 5, and I stayed here longer than I should because I got a little distracted by Wonder Trade. xD
It was my first time trying this thing out, and I got a Protein Froakie and an Eevee on my first ten tries. :3

And oh, while I was inside that first forest, forgot the name, but my very first Pikachu encounter, which I also caught, has a Light Ball. :3
Squee~

I'm just taking my time with this game, and turned off the Exp. Share. :3
Whoever suggested the hoard battles is PURE EVIL! >:[
And oh, I really wish there's a way to turn off the skates. -,-

Lucifer

Fallen1
Years
Just received a 3DS with Pokemon X tonight for my birthday and thus far very much enjoying it.
Begun with Fennekin, female, name Tamyln. Gentle Nature.
It was a difficult choice between it and Froakie, all of the starters' final evolutions have very unique type combos for once but in the early generations I tended to mindlessly begin with the water starter. The grass starter had an unattractive final evolution as did that of fennekin however I had been drawn to Fennekin from the first time I saw an image of it and the fire/psychic combo of the final evolution won out.

Caught:
Scatterbug, name Fate, serious nature.
Panpour, male, name RainofTears (later to be renamed Al). Bold nature.
Pikachu, female, name Stormy. Timid Nature
Litleo, female, name Vitani. Careful nature.
Fletchling, male, name Raptor. Impish nature.

I believe my pikachu might be special as she has a slit in her tail, something I have not seen in another pikachu yet.

I'm training now in Santalune city for the first gym.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
I'm finally getting around to posting these. I'm keeping it in the same format that I did for the Unova Travel Journal, hope no one minds. Though there's so many Pokemon to see and catch, it took me a while to fill in all the 'Dex entries. And so, without further ado...

Pokémon Y (& X) Journal

November 3, 2013

On the edge of the horizon, I saw it: the Kalos Region! According to Professor Juniper, I should seek out a professor by the name of Augustine Sycamore. He's the one who helps new trainers start their Pokémon journey, and gives them their starter Pokémon. According to trainers on the ship, his lab is in a huge city called Lumiose City, and is at the heart of the Kalos Region.

I disembarked the ship, and saw a line of buses all headed towards different areas of Kalos. I got on one of the buses, but in my haste, I chose the wrong one! I ended up reaching a small place in the south of Kalos called Vaniville Town. Thankfully, a woman who was grooming her Rhyhorn saw how lost I looked, and was kind enough to hand me a map of the region.

"If you're a Pokémon trainer, why not stop in Aquacorde Town?" The kind woman advised. "My son Calem and some of his friends are starting their Pokémon journey, and they are supposed to receive their first Pokémon from one of Professor Sycamore's messengers."

"Thank you very much, ma'am," I said as I bowed. I looked down at the map.

The woman grinned. "Aquacorde Town is just a short distance north of here. Just follow the Vaniville Pathway once you leave the town's gates, and you'll run right into it."

I followed her direction, and stepped out onto the path. Route 1 of a new region! As I walked, I became disappointed, as there does not seem to be any wild Pokémon on the route. Then I entered Aquacorde Town.

Aquacorde Town was bigger than Vaniville Town. There was a big fountain in the middle of the town square. Outside a nearby café, I overheard some kids talking.

"Where's Calem?" Asked one of the girls. "I want to get my starter Pokémon!"

Since this seemed to be the group of friends Calem's mom was talking about, I decided to introduce myself. I told them my name was Steve and that I've been a Pokémon trainer for 15 years or so, and that I've travelled to all kinds of regions from Kanto to Unova. The big guy started calling me Steve-o, and it seemed to catch on among the group. They introduced themselves to me as Tierno, Trevor, Serena, and Shauna. Serena and Shauna were the ones starting their journey. Tierno had three Pokéballs given to him by Professor Sycamore, and he showed them to the pair of girls who had to choose from them.

Kalos is no different; like the other regions, a new trainer gets to choose between a grass-type, fire-type, and water-type. In this case, their names are Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie, respectively. Shauna decided on Froakie, while Serena decided on Fennekin. Then, Trevor handed each of them a Pokédex, also bestowed to him by the professor. Eager to get started, Serena rushed off to begin searching for more Pokémon!

"Aw, but I wanted to battle!" cried Shauna.

"I'll have a battle with you," I said, then realized something. "Or I would, but I don't have a Pokémon."

"That's ok, Steve-o, you can borrow this one!" Tierno gave me the remaining Pokéball. "This one will go to Calem when he gets here, but you can use it for now."

"Yeah? Awesome!" I exclaimed. "Ok, Chespin, I choose you!"

Chespin took the field opposite Shauna's Froakie. I scanned them with my Pokédex from Unova.

"No data."

"Professor Sycamore gave me an extra Pokédex," Trevor chimed in. "I don't think he'd mind if I gave it to you."

"Wow, thanks, Trevor!" I gratefully took the Pokédex, and scanned Chespin and Froakie again.

"Chespin, the Spiky Nut Pokémon. Chespin have soft quills on their heads. When they flex them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock. They also have a thick shell of wood covering their heads and backs that can even take a direct hit from truck without fazing them."

"Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon. Froakie protect their skin by covering their bodies in delicate bubbles. These bubbles reduce the damage they would otherwise take when attacked. Beneath their happy-go-lucky air, they keep a watchful eye on their surroundings."

1. Chespin

After a short battle that I obviously won, I returned Chespin to Tierno. Since I have some Pokéballs with me, I decided I should go out and catch some Pokémon of my own

I crossed a bridge leading out of town, and stepped foot on a route called the Avance Trail according to the map. Unlike the previous route, this route had all kinds of wild Pokémon living among the trees and grass! The first Pokémon I came across was very familiar to me. So there are Pidgey here in Kalos! I didn't waste any time catching my first Pokémon in Kalos!

"Pidgey, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. Pidgey are a common sight in forests and woods. They flap their wings at ground level to kick up blinding sand. Though they are normally docile, they can ferociously strike back if disturbed."

2. Pidgey

Not far away, I saw Serena demonstrating to Shauna how to properly catch a Pokémon. Except… who are those Pokémon? She sent out some kind of flying-type Pokémon to try to catch what looks like a normal-type Pokémon.

"Bunnelby, the Digging Pokémon. Bunnelby have ears like shovels. They use these large ears to dig burrows. Digging holes strengthens their ears so much that they can sever thick roots effortlessly."

"Fletchling, the Tiny Robin Pokémon. Fletchling send signals to one another with beautiful chirps and tail-feather movements. Despite the beauty of their lilting voices, they are merciless to intruders that enter their territory."

Awesome, new Pokémon I've never seen before! After exploring the route some more, I found another familiar Pokémon, the little bug-type Caterpie! Then, I actually caught the same two Pokémon Serena was demonstrating capturing techniques with myself. So, although Pidgey was my first catch, Bunnelby was the first new Pokémon I caught in Kalos.

"Caterpie, the Worm Pokémon. Caterpie releases a horrible stench from their antennae on their heads to drive away enemies. Their feet have suction cups designed to stick to any surface. They tenaciously climb trees to forage."

3. Caterpie

4. Bunnelby

5. Fletchling

Next up I saw a Zigzagoon, but wasn't able to catch it. It was neat seeing the little normal-type Pokémon that I haven't seen since my days in Hoenn.

"Zigzagoon, the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon. Zigzagoon have abundant curiosity. They show an interest in everything, so they walk in a zigzag fashion. They're good at finding items in the grass and even in the ground."

Then I discovered yet another new Pokémon, a bug-type! It must be this region's equivalent of Caterpie or Weedle.

"Scatterbug, the Scatterdust Pokémon. Scatterbug can live in any region or climate due to the powder that covers their backs that regulate their temperature. When under attack from bird Pokémon, they spew a poisonous black powder that causes paralysis on contact."

6. Scatterbug

Not long after that, I did succeed in catching a Zigzagoon, and added it to the team.

7. Zigzagoon

Six Pokémon already! Since I had a full team, I figured I could proceed along the route, which lead into a dark forest called Santalune Forest.

Inside Santalune Forest, I saw more Fletchling and Caterpie, but there were also some wild Metapod among the trees as well.

"Metapod, the Cocoon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Caterpie. Metapod are vulnerable to attack while their shell is soft, exposing their weak and tender bodies. They quietly endure hardships while awaiting evolution."

I travelled deeper into the woods, and found another familiar sight. A Pansage! I couldn't resist catching it.

"Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon. Pansage are good at finding berries and will gather them from all over. They share the leaves on their heads with weary-looking Pokémon. These leaves are known to relieve stress."

8. Pansage

Very soon after that, I found a Panpour! So, Santalune Forest must be very similar to the Pinwheel Forest in the Unova Region. I caught the Panpour, and I bet I'll eventually find the third of the elemental-monkey trio as well if I keep searching.

"Panpour, the Spray Pokémon. Panpour have water stored inside the tufts on their heads, and it is full of nutrients. They water plants with it using their tails, and plants that receive this water grow large."

9. Panpour

There were also a few trainers in the forest looking to battle. One had a cute little Pikachu! Kalos has so many familiar Pokémon!

"Pikachu, the Mouse Pokémon. Pikachu have small electric sacs on both their cheeks. If threatened, they loose electric charges from the sacs. They raise their tail to check their surroundings, and sometimes are struck by lightning in this pose."

Another trainer I battled used a Weedle.

"Weedle, the Hairy Bug Pokémon. Weedle are often found in forests and grasslands. They have a sharp, toxic barb of around two inches on top of their heads. These poison stingers are very powerful. Their bright-colored bodies are intended to warn off their enemies."

My Pokémon were tired, so I wanted to press on so I could get them to a Pokémon Center. Not to mention, I can't use Pansage or Panpour unless I can store some of my other Pokémon. So I made my way to the other end of the forest, which exited onto a route called Ouvert Way.

Along Ouvert Way, I indulged a few more trainer battles with some kids. One of them had an Azurill!

"Azurill, the Polka Dot Pokémon. Azurill live by water. They move quickly on land by bouncing on their big tails. They swing these nutrient-filled tails around to fight opponents that are bigger than them."

Then I finally reached Santalune City, hurried to the Pokémon Center, and rested my Pokémon for the evening. Whew! That was some first day in Kalos!

Last edited:
Years
Hey, everyone. So I just started playing a few days ago and I am loving it! I started off by resetting for a female Froakie and started my journey.
My team was:
Froakie evolved into Frogadier
Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur
Fletchling evolved into Fletchinder
Pikachu
Pancham (love this guy)
Event Torchic evolved into Combusken.

When I got to the Pokemon Day Care I immediately went searching for a Japanese Ditto. Thanks to a kind member of a forum community I got one. Then bred a Froakie. I traded that for a Fennekin, bred the Fennekin to get another and traded for a Chespin. I also sent out some on the Wonder Trade. I started leveling up Chespin and Fennekin to reach the others in front of the Daycare. Then, something amazing happened! I came across a Shiny Flabebe(Yellow Flower Version)! Man I was psyched! So I continued leveling.
Now my team is:
Frogadier
Quilladin
Braixen
Fletchinder
Pikachu
Pancham
All of them around lvl 16-19. Think I played around enough with the Day Care, now to continue my journey. Thanks for reading.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Pokémon X Entry December 3rd, 2013

I'm starting my day in Vaniville Town, when my mom's Fletchling started to peck me to wake me up, so I'm waking up and start to dress up. So I'm going downstairs, and my mom says that we just moved, and my neighbors are waiting for me. On outside, my neighbors are asking me to go to Aquacorde Town, and so I went through the Route 1, and surprisingly, I see no grass areas as of yet. Oh, and I find out that I can run already in fact that I have Running Shoes, so here I go. In Aquacorde Town, I meet 2 other friends, and we're discussing in a cafe. We're discussing about which nickname must they call for me. My friends suggest to call me for S-Meister, Big S, or Lil' S, but I want them to call me Windy instead. After that, I got the chance to chose my Pokémon, so I've decided that I'm starting with my Fenny the Fennekin. After more discussion, I'm getting a letter from Prof. Sycamore to send to my mom at home. But before that, one of my friend, Shauna, wants to challenge me. It's undoubtedly my first win, since she's using Chespin, and after that, I'm heading home.

My mom noticed that I'm finally becoming a Pokémon Trainer, and began preparing my clothes and stuff, and told me to go for the brake, and take care. Rhyhorn in my house wants to see me off as well. So I'm starting to check in Route 2, and I encountered Pidgey, for the first time, and I make my first critical hit as well. And when I'm going further, Serena teaches me how to catch Pokémon, and I'm given 10 Pokéballs as well. So I began my catching spree with Scatterbug, Bunnelby, Zigzagoon, Weedle and Fletchling, before going off to Santalune Forest. Before entering it, I was challenged by Youngster Austin, and I managed to won with my Fenny. And in there, Shauna follow me when I'm there. Too bad that there are no wild double battles yet, but maybe it's kinda too much for the start lol

One of the notable catch for me is a female Pikachu which I nickname Pikaria. And after getting through the forest, we're heading to Santalune City, where I rest at Pokémon Center and changed clothes.

That's it for now, and currently my teams are as follows:

Fenny the male Fennekin, Level 13
Bunnera the male Bunnelby, Level 4
Talon the male Fletchling, Level 8
Zigza the female Zigzagoon, Level 5
Spear the male Weedle, Level 3
Pikaria the female Pikachu, Level 3

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Updating before I forget again.

I beat Wulfric and I'm on my way to the Pokemon League. Before that, I explored some closed-off areas with Waterfall and caught an Azumarill for breeding purposes, as well as a Diggersby. And on a random note, but Trevenant hordes seem to slow down the frame rate, but it picks up as more members of the horde get KOed.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 68
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory
-Surf
-Waterfall
Nature: Timid

Blaziken, male, level 61
-Shadow Claw
-High Jump Kick
-Cut
-Flare Blitz
Nature: Lonely
Item: Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost

Aegislash, female, level 61
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 61
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Strength
-Fly
Nature Naive
Ability: Unburden

Goodra, female, level 61
-Dragon Pulse
-Muddy Water
-Power Whip
-Thunderbolt
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Gooey

Xerneas, level 61
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Megahorn
Nature: Naive

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Day: I don't know...
Time of the day... I believe mid-noon...
Where: The Den of Despair

I've been blasted on this...mutiny of a country. Dr. Fluffy, furfrou, has died...no...my entire team has died. I am stranded far far away on an island. Why has this cursed fate deemed me so? Why..WHY!?I beg thou Arceus to spare me for the moment I cease to perish amongst this planet. O' cursed ye who bringeth thou murder into my soul. For my last pokemon, deemed by the traitorous thunder beast that sparked a fire to my heart.

PS: Nuzlockes aren't fun ;(

On a serious note I have beaten the Elite Four and has become a pseudo gym leader:
-Furfrou
-Delcatty
-Chatot
-Spinda
-Ursaring
-Kangaskhan

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Just made it through Victory Road. Soft-resetting for a Hydreigon to show up in a flying shadow was nerve-wracking. I also burned plenty of holes in my wallet buying good clothes for me to wear for the League.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 73
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
Nature: Timid

Blaziken, male, level 65
-Shadow Claw
-High Jump Kick
-Cut
-Flare Blitz
Nature: Lonely
Item: Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost

Aegislash, female, level 65
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak
Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 65
-High Jump Kick
-Stone Edge
-Strength
-Fly
Ability: Unburden

Goodra, female, level 65
-Dragon Pulse
-Muddy Water
-Power Whip
-Thunderbolt
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Gooey

Xerneas, level 65
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Megahorn

Edit: Finally beat the League! AZ reuniting with Floette was one of the saddest things I've ever seen in a Pokemon game. I was about to cry when this happened.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Finally manaaged to hatch not one, but two adamant Dratinis. One male and one female! (Screeches internally) :D I'm going to hatch a few eggs with this pair in the hopes that I'll get another 5 IV, then I'll take a short break from breeding for a Pokedex filling quest, before switching over to IV breeding another Pokemon. Haven't quite decided which one yet though..

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Pokémon X Entry December 12nd, 2013

Lots of things happpened ever since I've been in Santalune City. I managed to beat Viola and get my first badge, and I won against Grant as well. As I arrive at Shalour City, Serena and I want to battle, to get the Mega Ring that is vital to use Mega Evolution. I won the match, and Korrina, one of the Mega Evolution user, wants me to battle her as Gym Leader, and here I got my third badge. Her Lucario wanted to join me as well, and we have an another memorable battle there. Then, I started to beat Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, and even Olympia that I only have one badge left to go!

At this point, I receive some call from Lysandre, and after seeing it, Serena which was about to rematch against me after getting the badge, told me that I have to stop him. I managed to go to the cafe where it turns out to be one of Team Flare's base. I learned that Team Flare want to activate some sort of final weapon, and despite of trying to deactivate it, one of the scientist of the Team Flare activates it, which is in Geosenge Town. So I decided to search for their hideout, and inside of it, I find a Legendary Pokemon, named Xerneas. Luckily my Spear (the Beedrill) can False Swipe it that I can catch it with a single Ultra Ball. Lysandre is not having enough that he want to battle me, and Xerneas decided to step up. Xerneas was down when battling against his Mega Gyarados, but my Fenny (Delphox) can backup it. I finally won, but as Lysandre prepares to use the weapon, I and my friends decided to run away as the weapon backfires.

Professor Sycamore says that he want to meet me, and he want some rematch, and so does my friends Tierno, Shauna and Trevor. So I'm heading to the final city before I go to Pokemon League, Snowbelle City. Finally I'm able to beat Wulfric the Gym Leader, as I'm set to challenge the Elite Four soon.

My teams are as follows:

Fenny the male Delphox, Level 100
Yancy (formerly Zigza, I rename her) the female Linoone, Level 85
Talon the male Talonflame, Level 84
Spear the male Beedrill, Level 73
Xerneas, Level 54
X-Seed the male Venusaur, Level 68

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Okay, this might be a bit long, and slightly more of a fanfic, but I was trying to catch up a bit with what has already happened. now that I have the rest of my journals will be shorter.

My character is a boy named Kanon he is much older then the rest of the gang, even though he is supposedly meant to be 13 or 14 something like that my character is around the 16 to 17 age. Kanon has a habit of teasing girls, he also doesn't like change. As when things change he believes something bad will follow.
He often keep to himself and, thinks a lot. Kanon finds it hard to make friends, and sometimes doesn't trust the friends he does have. Such as Serena or Shauna, though he gets on well with them. He is aware of Shauna's crush on him, and simply doesn't know how to deal with this situation.
Okay that is enough background.
On to the journal fanfic story thing.

11:23pm,

Week 2.

Such a dumb idea, what am I doing? I thought to myself.
The moon was much brighter tonight due to the full moon, but it was such a silly idea to be outside in it.
I hadn't seen any building for about an hour now. Without the moon I would truly be in pitch darkness.
I was exhausted, as were my Pokemon, my Kirlia, "Runa" sat on my shoulders, something which she used to do a lot as a Ralts.
I never captured Runa, instead she simply decided she would come with me.
I slumped to the ground, Kirlia rushed to my side, and helped me as much as she could as I rested against a fence post.
Runa was the only Pokemon I truly trusted, my Pokemon inside their Pokeballs only thought of battle. This was what was different about Runa.
I unzipped my jacket, Runa scurried and cuddled up inside, she was warm. The warm summer night was one thing I enjoyed.
Slowly I began to drift off to sleep.

One week ago,

I had just gotten my first gym badge and was making my way to Lumiose City, to meet with Professor Sycamore. Kalo's famous Pokemon researcher. He was the one who gave me my trainers permit, and wanted me to go out and fill the Kalos Pokedex with some other kids from my new town.
My name is Kanon.
Myself and the small group kids included was, Serena, Shauna, Trevor, Teirno.
I was new in town, and didn't know the group very well, but they seemed friendly enough and wanted to get along with me.
We would often split up to go do our own things, Serena seemed competitive, and had her friend Shauna following along close behind her.
The same for Trevor and Teirno.
I was often alone, but I had my Pokemon to keep me company. At the time I had three Pokemon.

A Chespin, which I had gotten as a started, however he recently evolved into a Quilladin.
A Fletchling.
A Torchic, I had given to me due to some special holiday somewhere, I wasn't complaining.

I was on a new route, with new species of Pokemon, though at first glance most Pokemon of the area didn't appeal to me.
I had been walking for roughly thirty minutes when I could hear loud squealing from an unknown Pokemon. I braced myself waiting for whatever the sound was to appear out the bushes.
To my surprise, a small white and green Pokemon came tumbling out into my view followed by a small horde of Combee and Flabebe.
The small white Pokemon saw me and tried to hide behind my legs. I was left facing the small horde. I quickly called my Quilladin and Fletchling to battle to rid the horde.
"They are gone now" I said, my two Pokemon returned to their Pokeballs.
The strange Pokemon looked up at me in amazement.
Strangely this Pokemon was humanoid in appearance. I pulled out my Pokedex to see what this thing was in front of me.
"Ralts, Female, The Feeling Pokemon, It is highly attuned to the emotions of people and Pokemon. It hides if it senses hostility."
"So, you're a Ralts?" I said.
The Ralts gave a slight nod, making small "squee" noises.
I wasn't interested in this Pokemon, but it sure was acting strange. Most Pokemon will hide from humans, or simply run away.
I moved my hand in to pet her head. She didn't seem fazed at my hand touching her. So I petted her head, messing her green hair, before walking off.
"See you" I said to her, I turned away and began to walk, back onto my journey ahead of me.
Something tugged at my jeans, I looked and found the Ralts pulling at me.
I sighed "what am I going to do with you?" I asked.
The Ralts tilted her head confused.
"Do you want to come with me?" I asked her.
The Ralts gave a small nod followed by a soft "Squee."
I grabbed a Pokeball out of my bag and expanded the ball, it was now active. I kneeled down next to the Ralts and showed her the ball.
"If you want to come with me, you have to go in here." I told her.
Again she looked at me confused.
I sighed, I didn't have time for this.
I didn't want to force this little Pokemon inside the ball, but how was I meant to bring her like this. I pressed the button on the Pokeball it returned to its smaller size.
"I guess you can follow behind" I said and stood up, I began walking again, the Ralts slowly behind me.
I looked around and saw the Ralts tumble over tripping up on herself.
"Are you okay?" I asked her.
"Squee" the Ralts rubbed at her head.
"You really are hopeless aren't you?" I said. "Come on, I will carry you."
I lifted the small Ralts up to my shoulders. She sat there happly.
"I guess I should give you a name" I said to her.
The Ralts "squeed" at me happily.
"Hmm, how about Raltsy?" I said, but the Ralts shook her head in disagreement.
This went on for another thirty minutes, out of names I tried to think of something.
My friend Runa, from my old town would have thought of names in an instant, but me I couldn't think of anything that fitted the Ralts.
"How about I call you "Runa" till I can think of a better name for you?" I asked.
The Ralts agreed and "squeed" happily.
"Okay, "Runa" it is.
Runa "squeed" once again.

How many people thought it weird that I carried this wild Pokemon around like this? I hadn't stopped to ask anyone. Serena and Shauna seemed impressed with me and Runa.
Professor Sycamore himself was impressed with Runa, and how she wasn't even tamed or in a Pokeball.
Eventully over the rest of the week, Runa began to grow into a stronger Pokemon.
It was only tonight that Runa evolved into the Kirlia that she is now. She will always be my Runa to me now.

"I want remember these fireworks with you forever, I know I will!" Shauna had said.
A full moon was rising on the horizon, night was not far behind us.
I stood there with Runa, Runa smiled happily after I had told her what fireworks are. Runa like a small child was excited to see them.
"You know, this is the first time I've ever watched fireworks alone with a boy before…" Shauna said, she blushed a bit and trailed off.
I turned away from here, my face was turning red.
"Don't be and idiot, besides Runa is here" I said to her.
"Just kidding!" Shauna said, her face became a little sad.
The fireworks began, Runa looked up in amazement she "Squeed" with each firework explosion.
"Wow this is so awesome!" Shauna leaned over the rail excitedly.
I quickly reached out and pulled her back.
Shauna opened her eyes wide and we stared at each other for a moment.
I opened my mouth before things could get more awkward.
"You were too close, you might fall" I said.
"Thank you…" Shauna said quietly.
Shauna was quiet for the rest of fireworks display. We finally got the Pokeflute we had come here for and then began walking back to the sleeping Snorlax.
"That was great" I said, Runa immediately nodded in agreement.
"I wish it went longer" Shauna said.
The full moon was fully risen, lighting the dark road.
A few Pokemon could be heard going about in the dark.
Runa had been given a bunch of different Pokemon treats from the owner of the palace earlier and was munching on them happily. Runa had all ways been fond of sweet thing, and was the reason she needed my help when I first found her. She had been attempting to steal Combee honey, but alerted a swarm.
I unwrapped the candy from the packets for Runa. She would grab them and slowly suck on them.
"Squee!" Runa suddenly jumped from my shoulder.
"Runa?" I stopped and saw her standing on the ground.
"Did you eat too many?" Shauna asked.
Runa suddenly began to glow, an evolution.
"She's evolving" I said.
The light slowly faded in engulfing Runa, and her Ralts form.
Slowly again, just as it faded in, it faded out revealing Runa's new form, a Kirlia.
"Squeee!" Runa danced around excitedly, like a ballerina.
"Wow, I have never seen a Kirlia up close before" Shauna said. "She is really pretty."
I was shocked, excited, and a little saddened that Runa had transformed right in front of my eyes. Never again will I be able to hold Runa like I did when she was a Ralts. I would never hear her Squee when she needed help with her food.
"This is great isn't it?" Shauna said, her face was excited and smiling.
"Yeah, great…" I said.
Runa unlike before followed behind us walking. This only made the pit in my heart deeper.
Why was I saddened by this?
I turned around, Runa's face had changed from her excited about her evolution to a worried look.
I wondered why.

We finally returned the Pokeflute to the man at the sleeping Snorlax. Finally after the detour and a short battle with the Snorlax we could finally be on our way.
"I'm heading back to the hotel, you coming Kanon." Shauna said.
"I'm going to go on ahead, check out the day care centre and stuff" I said, I began to walk off without saying a proper goodbye.
"See you later then!" Shauna called out.
I waved without turning around.
My mind and body felt strange, I was sad, angry, determined. Something was up but I didn't know what.

Runa run to my side, she reached up and grabbed my hand. New emotions filled me, I felt worried, and confused. What was this? I had never felt these emotions. I grabbed my Pokedex out and pointed it towards Runa.

"Kirlia, Female, The Emotion Pokemon, It has a psychic power that enables it to distort the space around it and see into the future."
Runa nodded her head, then reached for a button on the Pokedex.
"It can sense emotions from its trainer and can also return its own with a special ability."
"So you know how I feel" I said.
Runa nodded.
"And those emotions from before were yours?" I asked.
Runa nodded again.
"I'm sorry, it's just I know I should be happy about your evolution, but I feel like I'll miss you as a Ralts." I said, Runa grabbed my hand again.
New emotions filled me, it was happy.
"You trying to say I should be happy?"
Runa nodded.
I sighed.
"Runa, you are still you, right?"
Runa nodded.
I felt a little better now that I was able to talk to Runa about.
I felt tired. I should have gone with Shauna.

7:12am,

The next day.

I had slept against a fence railing, Runa was still fast asleep in my jacket. I got to my feet and brushed off the dirt and dust. Then stretched.
"Heeeyyyaaa!" I let out as I stretched.
After getting ready to go again, I picked up the still sleeping Runa and began walking again.
Runa is still Runa I thought to myself, no matter what will come Runa will always be Runa.

Last edited:

TheWilyWeezing

Avid traveller, avid trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 20, 2015
Best Horde encounter happened today. My Abomasnow ran into a Geodude horde. He uses Blizzard as usual. Four out of five of them are Sturdy, and half of the survivors are fozen solid! The unfrozen rudely throw rocks at Olaf (the Abomasnow).

Then, in the crowning moment, the Snow Warning picks off all the survivors! It made my day seeing the hail pick them off one by one.

OffRoadSP

Years
Okay, so it's going to take me a while to get caught up with this. Though I've been so busy with work, I haven't had much time to even think about Pokemon....

November 4, 2013

I returned to Ouvert Way to go back to Santalune Forest. I battled a trainer who used a Pichu! No surprise there.

"Pichu, the Tiny Mouse Pokémon, and the pre-evolved form of Pikachu. Pichu play with others by touching tails and setting off sparks. This appears to be a test of courage. Since they are not yet skilled at storing electricity, they may send out jolts if amused or startled."

Back in the forest, I quickly found the third monkey I expected to find, Pansear! I caught it to add to the group.

"Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon. Pansear live in caves in volcanoes. The fire within the tufts on their heads can reach 600 degrees Fahrenheit. They are very intelligent, and roast berries before eating them. They like to help people."

10. Pansear

Not long after that, I found a wild Weedle nearby, and caught it.

11. Weedle

I left the forest, exploring Ouvert Way a bit more. I battled another trainer, and this one had a Bidoof!

"Bidoof, the Plump Mouse Pokémon. Bidoof constantly gnaw on logs and rocks to whittle down their front teeth. They nest alongside water. They have nerves of steel and are more agile and active than they appear."

And shortly after that, I found a Bidoof of my own to catch.

12. Bidoof

I was heading back to Santalune City when I saw some Burmy hanging from a tree! Unfortunately, I was not able to catch any of them. (It kept using Protect, then knocked itself out with Struggle.)

"Burmy, the Bagworm Pokémon. Burmy shelter themselves from cold, wintry winds by covering themselves with cloaks made of twigs and leaves. If this cloak is broken in battle, they quickly remake it with materials nearby."

I did find another Pokémon known to me, and recently trained. A Dunsparce! I caught it to add to my growing list.

"Dunsparce, the Land Snake Pokémon. Dunsparce dig into the ground with their tails and make a mazelike nest. They can fly just a little. When spotted, they escape backward by furiously boring into the ground with their tails."

13. Dunsparce

Finally, I was able to catch a few Burmy. First, I found a male and female back to back, and then I found a second female a bit later. I remember the drill from Sinnoh, so I'll keep my eyes out for a third female Burmy.

14. Burmy

Wow, that's a huge chunk of Pokémon in just two days. And the evening still isn't over yet. At this rate, I'll fill up the Kalos Pokédex rather quickly! … Maybe.

Another sweep of the route before turning in for the night did indeed result in my catching a third female Burmy.

November 5, 2013

I wanted to get some early morning exploring in before work. I took Pansage, Panpour, Pansear, Pidgey, and Bunnelby to train on Ouvert Way, and I caught a little Azurill! (And I was even lucky enough for its ability to be Huge Power!)

15. Azurill

Then I decided to explore Santalune City. There's a cool Roselia-shaped fountain in the middle of the town, with some benches around it for people to sit and relax in. I also learned that there's a Pokémon gym in the city! So it looks like my next goal will be to train my Pokémon a bit more and prepare them for my first Kalos gym challenge! It looks like there's a route to the east of town that would make a good spot for training.

Détourner Way was the name of the route. I found a trainer there who challenged me to a battle. She used a Psyduck and a… who's that Pokémon?

"Psyduck, the Duck Pokémon. Psyduck are constantly wracked by headaches. When these headaches become intense, they begin using mysterious powers. They don't recall using these powers, which is why they always look puzzled."

"Litleo, the Lion Cub Pokémon. Litleo set off on their own from their pride and live by themselves to become stronger. These hot-blooded Pokémon are quick to fight. The stronger the opponents they face, the more heat that surges from their manes and the more power that flows through their bodies."

What a cute little lion Pokémon! I had to get ready for work, so after winning that battle I returned to the Pokémon Center and gave my Pokéballs to Nurse Joy.

After work, I went back out to Détourner Way and found some more trainers to battle. Many of them had some familiar Pokémon!

"Goldeen, the Goldfish Pokémon. Goldeen swim at a steady 5 knots. Their dorsal, pectoral, and tail fins wave elegantly in the water, which is why they are known as water dancers. If they sense danger, they will strike back with their sharp horns."

"Marill, the Aquamouse Pokémon, and the evolved form of Azurill. Marrill have fur on their bodies that naturally repel water. They can stay dry, even when they play in the water. The tips of their tails are filled with oil that is lighter than water, and will act as a float."

"Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. Riolu use the shape of auras to communicate with others. The auras that emanates from their bodies change according to emotion, and will intensify to alert others if they are afraid or sad."

Near the end of the route, I battled a trainer who used an interesting new Pokémon. It sort of looked like a tiny white Skiploom with big ears, and it was holding onto a flower, except the flower was about four times the size of the actual Pokémon! Let's see what the Pokédex has to say.

"Flabébé, the Single Bloom Pokémon. Flabébé find flowers they like, and each will dwell on that flower its whole life long. These flowers they hold are most likely part of their bodies, and they draw out and control the hidden power of flowers. They float in the wind's embrace with untroubled hearts."

It looks like past this route was the entrance to this region's victory road, so it looks like I will be back this way someday. It also looks like there's a path leading to the mountain region of Kalos to the west. So I turned back to see what kind of wild Pokémon lived on Détourner Way. I saw a lot of common ones by this point, but I also caught a Psyduck and an old favorite of mine, a Farfetch'd!

"Farfetch'd, the Wild Duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd always walk about with plant stalks clamped in their beaks. These stalks are used for building their nests and also as weapons. They will use these stalks like a sword to cut all sorts of things."

16. Psyduck

17. Farfetch'd

OffRoadSP

Years
November 6, 2013

I wanted to do some more early morning training again before work, so I went back out to Détourner Way. I found a wild Riolu! When I went to catch it, I realized I had forgotten to stock up on Pokéballs back at the Pokémon Center, and had only two left. The first one failed, so I held my breath when I threw my last one, but thankfully, it worked!

18. Riolu

I then rotated my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, keeping Azurill with me, and taking my birds and worms: Zigzagoon, Fletchling, Scatterbug, Caterpie, and Weedle.

After a very long day at work, I did more training on Détourner Way. My Caterpie evolved into Metapod!

19. Metapod

Not long after that, my Scatterbug evolved too. I got to see another new Pokémon!

"Spewpa, the Scatterdust Pokémon, and the evolved form of Scatterbug. Spewpa live hidden within thicket shadows. The beaks of bird Pokémon can't begin to scratch their stalwart bodies. When predators attack, they quickly bristle their fur in an effort to threaten them and spew powder."

20. Spewpa

November 7, 2013

I couldn't resist staying up a bit later, especially since I don't have work tomorrow.
I finally caught a Litleo on Détourner Way!

21. Litleo

Then, on my way back to Santalune City, my Weedle evolved into a Kakuna!

"Kakuna, the Cocoon Pokémon, and the evolved form of Weedle. Kakuna hide from predators under leaves and in nooks of branches while awaiting evolution. Almost incapable of moving, they can only harden their shells to protect from danger."

22. Kakuna

Back at the Pokémon Center, I decided to think about taking on the Santalune City gym. I heard it's a bug-type gym, and that the gym leader uses two Pokémon. I think I'd like to take Farfetch'd with me, since I am excited to be training one again. And I think for my second Pokémon, I'll take Metapod. But for now, time to get some sleep!

First thing in the morning, I entered the Santalune Gym. There were all sorts of artistic photos of bug-type Pokémon hanging on the wall. What is it with these bug-type gym leaders and their love of art? At least she doesn't have a bunch of cocoons scattered throughout her gym. Oh wait… she does have a spider web leading to the battlefield, that's close enough. I battled a trainer there who used a Ledyba, but my Farfetch'd learned Aerial Ace, and easily won the battle.

"Ledyba, the Five Star Pokémon. Ledyba are timid and cluster together with others. When the weather turns cold, these clusters gather to keep each other warm. The fluids secreted by their feet indicate their location."

The next battle was my Metapod versus a trainer's Spewpa, so that was pretty evenly matched. The next trainer had two Pokémon. My Metapod defeated a Kakuna, and then Farfetch'd easily beat the trainer's Combee. After the battle, my Metapod evolved into Butterfree! Now I feel ready to face the gym leader!

"Combee, the Tiny Bee Pokémon. Combee collect and deliver honey to their colony. At night, they cluster to form a beehive and sleep."

"Butterfree, the Butterfly Pokémon, and the evolved form of Metapod. Butterfree love the honey of flowers and can locate flower patches that have even tiny amounts of pollen. Their wings are protected by rain-repellent dust. As a result, they can fly about even in rain."

23. Butterfree

I returned to the Pokémon Center to rest my Pokémon and give them a break before the big battle. While I relaxed, I looked at my Kalos Pokédex. I can't believe how many Pokémon I've seen, let alone caught. And I haven't even won a badge yet! To think how previously I've only caught a half dozen Pokémon or so before the first gym. The Kalos Region is amazing so far.

Last edited:
Years
Started up my Pokemon X game today so yeah nervous first entry!

My Trainer details:

200px-XY_Serena.png

Name: Nichole
Trainer ID: 50229
Nickname: "Nichy"

So yeah, I woke up from my bedroom in my house in Vaniville Town, talked with my mother and headed to Aquacorde Town where I met up with Calem, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Also picked my starter Pokemon, meet my little Froakie!

656.png

Froakie ♂
Level 5
Sassy nature
Takes plenty of siestas
Moves:
- Pound
- Growl
- Bubble

I'm just about to leave town and battle Shauna!

Back