• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kalos Travel Journal

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I defeated the elite four (I actually did so a few days ago but I kept forgetting to post oops).

Wilkstrom
    Only the knight's Aegislash gave me trouble. In the end it took out the two pokémon I had planned on using against him, so it was rather fortunate my third team member (just barely, due to a critical) managed to defeat it.

Drasna
    My Fairy-type was beaten from a Critical from her Noivern, which my own Noivern defeated. I wanted a challenge, so I didn't revive Florges and just continued the battle with Noivern.

Siebold
    Wasn't that difficult, managed to beat the chef without losing too many team members.

Malva
    I had to be careful with her, as my only Water and Ground attacks (Surf and Earthquake respectively) were on my Heliolisk and Venusaur respectively.

Diantha
    A straightforward Champion. She was rather disappointing, as her only pokémon that gave me trouble was her Mega Gardevoir. It's a shame really, since her design has an interesting contrast to Cynthia, but unlike Cynthia, she wasn't that difficult; they really should've gone with a better selection than a team that's half weak to steel.

I wasn't pleased with the fact that they've kept the "four pokémon per elite four" thing from last generation, they should really return to 5 pokémon-or hell, just give the elite four a full team of six right off the bat.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Okay dokey, I just went through Victory Road and I'm prepared to kick some more butt! :D My team is in the high 60's-low 70's at the moment. I think they're strong enough to beat the Elite Four and the Champion. Honestly, I don't know if they are, but I'll try and see what happens! :D

Years
  • After all the trouble it gave me in tracking it down over and over again, I finally caught Zapdos, and that ends the Legendary hunt for me, until more are released, and I've STILL not used my Master Ball. Also, I put my original Charizard (without the stone of course) into the Wonder Trade, because I bred a male Garchomp with her to get a Charmander capable of utilising Dragon Rush. That's right, my level 78 Charizard is probably being used by someone else right now.

fireflystorm

shsl loser
    Years
  • I was on the hunt. This morning, at approximately 10AM, I ran into Articuno whilst trying to hatch Masuda Method Magikarps. I had almost forgotten that the legendary existed in this game.. of course, by now my team's levels have far surpassed the measly level 70 bird, but my thought was obvious: use Articuno to barter for Zapdos/Moltres, so I'll have the data for each.
    So, packing up my team of a single Talonflame and five Magikarps, I took to the streets in search of Articuno. I figure I've run into it at least 7 times now, so a few more and it'd be reduced to the Sea Spirit's Den where I could capture it. I headed through to Anistar, and that's when I remembered my little baby Chespin. I had left him with an old man... after losing his wife he was lonely and wanted a baby pokemon, and it just so happened I had been trading starters. I had wanted to take it back, initially, but I couldn't bera it. He seemed so happy, and my Chespin wasn't going anywhere... I could come back any time.
    So, it's been a week or two since I left Chespin with the man, so I decide to see if they're still as happy as they were before. And, well... There's a pokeball, sitting on the floor. And a note... So I pick up the note and read it, and...
    Spoiler:

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Well, I finished the game and beat the Elite Four and the Champion. They weren't too hard for me, but it'd be really annoying when they're heal their Pokemon.

Right now, I'm just exploring Kiloude City and the Friend Safari. ^^

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Hell, everyone~ I've finally cleared Pokemon Y~ I kinda forgot to keep up with my journal entries, though. :p Have to say that X and Y are definitely the most enjoyable games I've played so far. Anyway, on to the update!

Since my last update was after the fourth Gym, there's simply too much info to post, so I'll skip to the important stuff then my battles in the Pokemon League.

Lumious City Gym - Had no real strategy, as my team has no Ground-type Pokemon or moves. Was pretty much cake, though.

Laverre City Gym - Easily my most favorite Gym and Gym Leader. I had/have no Poison-type Pokemon or moves, and Ami hadn't learned Iron Head until much later, but this Gym was relatively easy.

Anistar City Gym - Basically a Yayoi/Meowstic sweep. Olympia stood no chance~

Snowbelle City Gym - A Yayoi and Ami sweep. Amy had Iron Head at this point so.. yeah. Avalugg got wrecked in the face~

Lack of information much, I know. But, oh well. xD Can't exactly remember how those battles went.

Elite Four

~My Team (post challenge cause i derpd)~

-Yayoi, the Absol (Dark) @Amulet Coin

• Lv. 68
    • Nature: Sassy
    • Ability: Super Luck
    • Psycho Cut / Night Slash / Sucker Punch / Swords Dance
    -Florges (Fairy)

• Lv. 69
    • Nature: Serious
    • Ability: Flower Veil
    • Aromatherapy / Magical Leaf / Moonblast / Misty Terrain
    -Delphox (Fire/Psychic) @Mind Plate

• Lv. 63 (got boxed for a while, lulz)
    • Nature: Naive
    • Ability: Blaze
    • Psychic / Light Screen / Calm Mind / Flamethrower
    -Elisa, the Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)

• Lv. 68
    • Nature: Relaxed
    • Ability: Trace
    • Dazzling Gleam / Psychic / Magical Leaf / Calm Mind
    -Meowstic (Psychic)

• Lv. 68
    • Nature: Mild
    • Ability: Keen Eye
    • Shadow Ball / Signal Beam / Psychic / Thunderbolt
    -Ami, the Mawile (Steel/Fairy)

• Lv. 73
    • Nature: Bashful
    • Ability: Intimidate
    • Iron Head / Power-Up Punch / Iron Defense / Play Rough

~Items~

• Hyper Potions: x80
    • Full Restores: x50
    • Revives: x35
    • Max Revives: x5

-Wikstrom-

Started off with the Ironwork Chamber. ...Probopass. All. My. Hate. Anyway, I struggled a bit at the start of this battle, and managed to left Klefki setup a layer of Spikes. Promptly took it out with Delphox's Flamethrower. Then this damn Probopass comes in. I swear to all mighty Mawile, I HATE Probopass. I started by having Meowstic Thunderbolt it, hoping for the paralysis that never came. I found that Meowstic could tank Flash Cannon, but Power Gem did more damage. Of course, it didn't matter. A single crit dropped Meowstic. I went in to Florges to tank and deal damage with Magical Leaf, only to crit Probopass out of the battle. Scizor was next, Delphox took it out in one hit with Flamethrower. Aegislash tried to King's Shield me and failed, one Flamethrower and it was out.

-Drasna-

Took on the Dragon Chamber next. Started the battle off with Florges, expecting to sweep. Out came Dragalge. Fearing a Poison move, I still went for a Moonblast, and lowered Dragalge's Sp. Atk right off the bat. Switched out, predicting another Sludge Bomb and blocked it with Ami. Took it down the next turn. Elisa swept Altaria, Druddigon, and Noivern like they were nothing.

-Siebold-

Was planning an Elisa Calm Mind+Magical Leaf sweep. Didn't happen. Clawitzer's Water Pulse was tanked until that damn crit happened. Switched out to Florges for dat tank+damage with Magical Leaf. Barbaracle was next. Elisa came back for a revenge kill and one shot with Magical Leaf. Gyarados got one-shot by Meowstic's Thunderbolt. Starmie got two-shot by Elisa's Magical Leaf followed by Calm Mind+Magical Leaf.

-Malva-

Had only two strategies for this battle. #1) Set up a Swords Dance with Yayoi and sweep errythang. #2) Set up two or three Calm Minds with Delphox and sweep errythang. Plan #1 failed right off the bat due to Yayoi getting crit'd. Delphox came in, set up three Calm Minds (but lost 1 stage of Sp. Atk due to Noble Roar), and Psychic'd Pyroar, Torkoal, and Chandelure into oblivion. Talonflame two-shot Delphox with two Brave Birds. At this point, I had no choice but to let Talonflame knock out my Pokemon so it could take recoil damage. I brought back Yayoi for dat revenge Sucker Punch and took Talonflame out after it had lost half it's HP.

-Champion Diantha-

Started this battle off with Yayoi. No idea why. Led off with Psycho Cut, dropped Hawlucha's HP into the red forcing Diantha to heal next turn. Took that chance to Psycho Cut again. One-shot. Tyrantrum was next, and I believe I let Elisa Dazzling Gleam it. Aurorus was next, and I let Ami handle it. Started off with Power-Up Punch just for a small attack boost, and Aurorus used Reflect. Didn't help. Iron Head to the chest took it out. Gougeist was a bit of a pain. Reflect kept me from two-shotting it, and it knew Phantom Force (which I learned was a two-turn move). After seeing Ami lost nearly half her HP from one of those, I had to set up an Iron Defense then heal. Reflect eventually wore off, and I took Gougeist out with an Iron Head. I switched out for Goodra, letting Florges two-shot it with Moonblast. Then came Mega Gardevoir. Iron Head. One-shot. i lul'd.

All in all, the E4 and Champion weren't as easy as people were making them out to be for me. Then again, my team consisted of 1 Dark, 1 Fire, 3 Fairies, 3 Psychics, and 1 Steel. But, even with that, I had coverage for Water, Flying, Dark, Fairy, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Psychic, Fighting, Bug, Grass, Ice, Steel, Normal, and Dragon. Good stuff, though. Good stuff.

~Items Used~

• Hyper Potions: 80 -> 71
    • Full Restores: 50 -> 48
    • Revives: 35 -> 29
    • Max Revives: 5 -> 4
    After this, I got my Chespin from Shauna, got my Absolite from Calem, got my Gardevoirite from Diantha, and found my Mawalite, so that's all the Mega Stones I care about~ (Also got Aggronite for no reason). I'm now back on that clothe-hunt, and getting ready to breed (need a perfect Ditto).

• Trainer Name - Eru
    • Adventure Started - 11/12/2013
    • Hall of Fame Debut - 11/16/2013
    • Total Playtime - 18:51 -> 35:27
    • Number of Badges - 4 -> 8
    • Pokemon Seen - Central: 90, Coastal: 57, Mountain: 11 -> Central: 122, Coastal: 102, Mountain: 75
    • Pokemon Caught - Central: 22, Coastal: 7, Mountain: 1 -> Central: 24, Coastal: 7, Mountain: 6
    That's all for now, folks~

Until next time~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Update time.

I made it to Dendemille. Before that, I beat Valerie and cleared Team Flare out of the Poke Ball Factory. Even though Serena's Meowstic didn't help much against Celosia and Bryony, double battle instinct told me not to just use Greninja's Surf to KO their Pokemon and I had to rely on Water Shuriken as a STAB move. Of course, Greninja sustained a Spark and Thunder Fang from Manectric in the process.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 55
    -Thief
    -Extrasensory
    -Surf
    -Water Shuriken
    Nature: Timid

Blaziken, male, level 49
    -Shadow Claw
    -Double Kick
    -Cut
    -Blaze Kick
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Florges, female, level 49
    -Nature Power
    -Magical Leaf
    -Moonblast
    -Aromatherapy
    Nature: Modest

Doublade, female, level 49
    -Iron Head
    -Swords Dance
    -Rock Smash
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 49
    -High Jump Kick
    -Rock Tomb
    -Roost
    -Fly
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Unburden

Sliggoo, female, level 49
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Muddy Water
    -Body Slam
    -Thunderbolt
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Gooey

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Current team:

Spoiler:

I usually use various combinations of these mons. I ended up leveling up Greninja and Pangoro a lot in Lumiose City, so they'll probably take a break for a while.

I've just finished the fifth gym, and I really hated it. It was such a pain talking with each trainer there. The animation for the elevator made it way too long, so I ended up skipping battles and just answering right. And I always fight all trainers at gyms.

Years
  • Completed the Central Kalos dex. Currently at 139 Costal and 134 Mountain.

Update: Completed Coastal Kalos dex. Only have 5 Mountain Kalos 'mons to go.

2ibddlu.jpg

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2017
    3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

Visit pokemon typhoon rpg. Punnbb- hosting. C o m. Fill in the blanks

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2014
    So. Much. Breeding.

But it's fun so I can't complain. I only wish our internet was better so I didn't have to do all my online stuff on the 3DS at 6am when I'm eating breakfast. Oh well. I was at my cousin's house yesterday and took advantage of their internet to wonder trade away an entire box of Chespins and some Dratini's. I got some really cool stuff, including a 4 IV Squirtle. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I evolved Doublade into Aegislash, went through the Frost Cavern and beat Team Flare there. I seriously hated the ice puzzles more than those of past games because I had to slide diagonally at some places. I had to look up a walkthrough on YouTube to get the items. I beat Olympia as well. At this point, I feel that Greninja may be a bit overleveled, but as per Pokemon gaming tradition, I'm not getting rid of it for the sake of increasing difficulty. I also found a shiny Wingull when I was hunting for a good IVed Modest Mareep.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 60
    -Night Slash
    -Extrasensory
    -Surf
    -Water Shuriken

Blaziken, male, level 53
    -Shadow Claw
    -High Jump Kick
    -Cut
    -Flare Blitz
    Nature: Lonely
    Item: Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost

Florges, female, level 53
    -Nature Power
    -Magical Leaf
    -Moonblast
    -Aromatherapy
    Nature: Modest

Aegislash, female, level 53
    -Iron Head
    -Swords Dance
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant

Hawlucha, female, level 53
    -High Jump Kick
    -Rock Tomb
    -Strength
    -Fly
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Unburden

Goodra, female, level 53
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Muddy Water
    -Aqua Tail
    -Thunderbolt
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Gooey

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • I decided to start a new file on my copy of X, and I'm not very far. I just unlocked the Day Care, and I am trying to hatch the last of my Protean Kecleon eggs.

Team Roster:

Max the Quilladin (Impish male, Lv. 23)

Rico the Mothim (Timid, Lv. 23)

Carol the Charmeleon (Adamant female, Lv. 22)

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Alrighty, I decided to go Legendary catching, so I went and caught Mewtwo and Zygarde. ^^ Mewtwo actually was really easy for me, and it didn't take really long. I caught it with my 3rd Dusk Ball (4th if you count the Quick Ball in the beginning) with low health and paralysis. Luckily it didn't use Recover that much. Zygarde took a little bit longer, but overall didn't take long either. I caught it with my 6th Dusk Ball (7th if you count the Quick Ball in the beginning). Honestly I expected to waste lots of time catching these guys. XD

Now...time to find Zapdos...XD

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
  • I just got the game and have been loving it so far! After saving the world yesterday, I decided I would take a short break from the badge quest and try out some new features I hadn't previously used. I wonder traded a few times until I got a Froakie, a pokemon I need to complete the dex. Currently training him on Route 4 while looking for a Ralts.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Well, the only important thing that happened to me so far was the fact that I caught Zapdos. It took longer than Zygarde and Mewtwo, but it didn't take long long as in half an hour. It probably took...eh...10 minutes or so, maybe a bit less. I also caught a shiny Phantump in a Friend Safari, which is pretty cool. Last thing, I'm trying to get a shiny Munchlax through Masuda Method. ^^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I beat Team Flare for good and caught Xerneas. I can't help but wonder what happened to Lysandre, though. I also explored Terminus Cave and bred a Protean Froakie for one of my RL friends. I'm on my way to Snowbelle.

Current team:

Greninja, male, level 64:
    -Night Slash
    -Extrasensory
    -Surf
    -Water Shuriken

Blaziken, male, level 58
    -Shadow Claw
    -High Jump Kick
    -Cut
    -Flare Blitz