• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Kanto Starters in X & Y!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Honestly I think these Kanto Starters will be available early on with out needing to do a specific thing. GF is probably changing things up since this is a leap in Pokemon making drastic changes Px. So far everything they said sums it up to that. I mean if we weren't going to get those Kanto Starters til end game they wouldn't of said anything or say "take a Kanto starter through your Kalos Journey". And what journey would there be if you received the Kanto Starters near end game.

Yep. This is why they specified, "in previous games, blah blah blha... but in X & Y". that whole thing wasn't just about who gives you your starter, it was telling us that we will get 2 starters. That's why they showed the Kalos starters with the Kanto starters after.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I
    They have done that to Keldeo though. Big event info for Keldo, turned into Download event that you couldn't get full access for the in game event until later despite having him. They did that with Mewtwo during the Demo which everyone now sees as just for the Demo where the Professor gave you Mewtwo. When mewtwo was first shown with a new form there were people who were swearing that mewtwo will be available in game, or given to you. Neither of which have been confirmed yet either.

So they've advertised before games with Pokemon that you don't tend to get until much later if not Post game before. They did advertise the Starters in 4th Gen games. I remembered seeing those pop up for HG/SS though I don't know if it ever sparked this kinda response, though it did cause a small "Hoenn update" spam in various places then.

When they were still coming out my friend even knew about the Lati event...though how he found anything about dragons out I'll never know...

US twitter only says that they're back in X and Y with a link going to Youtube. Can you link the Europe twitter?

Right now after taking longer look at the page and the video...seems just like a regular advertisement for Mega Pokemon. Officially it doesn't say to take them with you through the Kalos region. It just says that they are available once again. I mean I'm surprised no one has jumped down and said Kanto Remakes confirmed...even as a joke. Seems like something related to Kanto is coming up at least with the Pallet Town First and Third Gen lab screen shots. I doubt there is another trip to Kanto...at this point I don't even want to think about another game set. There is a lot of awkward hype for Kanto right now though.

Here is the link
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/375214993798873088

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They have done that to Keldeo though. Big event info for Keldo, turned into Download event that you couldn't get full access for the in game event until later despite having him. They did that with Mewtwo during the Demo which everyone now sees as just for the Demo where the Professor gave you Mewtwo. When mewtwo was first shown with a new form there were people who were swearing that mewtwo will be available in game, or given to you. Neither of which have been confirmed yet either.

So they've advertised before games with Pokemon that you don't tend to get until much later if not Post game before. They did advertise the Starters in 4th Gen games. I remembered seeing those pop up for HG/SS though I don't know if it ever sparked this kinda response, though it did cause a small "Hoenn update" spam in various places then.

When they were still coming out my friend even knew about the Lati event...though how he found anything about dragons out I'll never know...

US twitter only says that they're back in X and Y with a link going to Youtube. Can you link the Europe twitter?

Right now after taking longer look at the page and the video...seems just like a regular advertisement for Mega Pokemon. Officially it doesn't say to take them with you through the Kalos region. It just says that they are available once again. I mean I'm surprised no one has jumped down and said Kanto Remakes confirmed...even as a joke. Seems like something related to Kanto is coming up at least with the Pallet Town First and Third Gen lab screen shots. I doubt there is another trip to Kanto...at this point I don't even want to think about another game set. There is a lot of awkward hype for Kanto right now though.

One would think their presence in the games would actually make people think that there'll be no Kanto remakes...I mean when a lot of Hoenn legends and Pokémon were found out to be in B2W2 speculation for Hoenn remakes for the V gen went down with fans becoming discouraged...in the end that assumption came true, there were none (which I'm actually glad for now that I've seen XY as Hoenn remakes if done in this generation will have these graphics and be able to shine better two platforms after they first game out). However there are an awful lot of call backs to Kanto...and next year is the 10 anniversary of FrLg...

Thanks. So it does sound like we will get them early...proably had to say so due to the confusion as to when they'll appear.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Yep. This is why they specified, "in previous games, blah blah blha... but in X & Y". that whole thing wasn't just about who gives you your starter, it was telling us that we will get 2 starters. That's why they showed the Kalos starters with the Kanto starters after.

They did this with Mewtwo and it isn't confirmed giveaway or to be captureable. They had similar things with Keldeo and his actual event was later on. Victini during B/W couldn't be attained until third badge due to location lock. All three are similar to what's happening right now...and we have to go past the first badge in order to meet the Professor so they can't be called second starters. We're going to be able to catch things before getting there. They are freebies, but undefined as to when we can get them. We may have to do two Gym battles....Lumoise is 3rd or 4th city so we may have two gyms before we get there...

Unless the Kanto starters get new Mega Evolutions or abilities, I'm not interested.

They were just shown to have new Mega Forms.

Venusaur gets Thick Fat
    Charizard gets Drought
    Blastoise gets Mega Launcher (Powers us Pulse Moves)

Thanks. Now for internet to stop tripping so I can open the link.

Won't let me read it. Says I have to log in. =C

Thanks. So it does sound like we will get them early...proably had to say so due to the confusion as to when they'll appear.

Could also be a typo/Misinterpretation by Nintendo of Europe. TPC for the US doesn't state that they are available in the beginning or early on. Looks like they tried to do the same thing we did and tweeted the news as it came up. So they may not know any more than we do.

Official Twitter says:
    A classic Pokémon trio will return as Mega-Evolved Pokémon! Take a look! Doesn't say that we can get them in game only that they return with Megas then links to the Youtube video. -w-;;

Slight question...if we get them at level 5 after traveling through 2 or 3 cities before this...doesn't that kinda take away from the appeal of having to play catch up? If they are received after the first gym, we'll most likely be at level 10 by then and would have to stop progressing to train the Kanto Starters...

Also makes me wonder if Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova starters will be available for hand out as well later in the game. Will all the starters get Mega Evolutions and play a special event role in the game like the Kanto starters?

What is the significance of bringing up the first Pokemon games ever made and its starters? Are we getting some special Kanto event in the game?

Hoenn Starter Download and Kanto Starter in game event...Gen 3 Remake hint or debunking since we'll have said starters?

x_x brain fried.

Last edited:

Years
  • They did this with Mewtwo and it isn't confirmed giveaway or to be captureable. They had similar things with Keldeo and his actual event was later on. Victini during B/W couldn't be attained until third badge due to location lock. All three are similar to what's happening right now...and we have to go past the first badge in order to meet the Professor so they can't be called second starters. We're going to be able to catch things before getting there. They are freebies, but undefined as to when we can get them. We may have to do two Gym battles....Lumoise is 3rd or 4th city so we may have two gyms before we get there...

They were just shown to have new Mega Forms.

Venusaur gets Thick Fat
    Charizard gets Drought
    Blastoise gets Mega Launcher (Powers us Pulse Moves)

Thanks. Now for internet to stop tripping so I can open the link.

Slight question...if we get them at level 5 after traveling through 2 or 3 cities before this...doesn't that kinda take away from the appeal of having to play catch up? If they are received after the first gym, we'll most likely be at level 10 by then and would have to stop progressing to train the Kanto Starters...

Also makes me wonder if Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova starters will be available for hand out as well later in the game. Will all the starters get Mega Evolutions and play a special event role in the game like the Kanto starters?

What is the significance of bringing up the first Pokemon games ever made and its starters? Are we getting some special Kanto event in the game?

Hoenn Starter Download and Kanto Starter in game event...Gen 3 Remake hint or debunking since we'll have said starters?

x_x brain fried.

It's proably for nostalgia feels is what I'm thinking...could be something more...hmm...

I don't think the rest will be available normally, at least not Hoenn's as that'll defeat the purpose of the Torchic Download...

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    They did this with Mewtwo and it isn't confirmed giveaway or to be captureable. They had similar things with Keldeo and his actual event was later on. Victini during B/W couldn't be attained until third badge due to location lock. All three are similar to what's happening right now...and we have to go past the first badge in order to meet the Professor so they can't be called second starters. We're going to be able to catch things before getting there. They are freebies, but undefined as to when we can get them. We may have to do two Gym battles....Lumoise is 3rd or 4th city so we may have two gyms before we get there...

They did not talk about MewTwo while discussing receiving your starter Pokemon... Nor any of the others you mentioned. Context matters.

Lumiose being the 3rd or 4th city could mean it's only the 2nd gym. Remember Pokemon games usually start out with a few gym-less towns.

Years
  • They did not talk about MewTwo while discussing receiving your starter Pokemon... Nor any of the others you mentioned. Context matters.

Lumiose being the 3rd or 4th city could mean it's only the 2nd gym. Remember Pokemon games usually start out with a few gym-less towns.
    Hopefully. But if it's the 3rd gym's city I won't mind backtracking to train my Kanto starter. I do that anyways with other Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They did not talk about MewTwo while discussing receiving your starter Pokemon... Nor any of the others you mentioned. Context matters.

When Mewtwo was released with his new form, FANS said it would be in game as capturable or as an event. The Demo that happened not that long ago has Sycamore give you a Mewtwo for the demo to try out. BOTH incidents led fans to believe that Mewtwo is in the game despite there is no official word that he is.

Keldeo was shown changing form EARLY into the game. We were able to get one in the beginning of B2W2. He couldn't transform until later.

Victini's ticket was given out at the beginning of the game. Many thought we'd get Victini at the beginning but we couldn't get him until the third badge.

The context is correct. We don't know WHEN we are getting them. We know we've been given the starters before Post Game. There hasn't been anything official to conflict with this outside of a misinterpretation through the video and announcement of their presence.

As for Gym set up, Second City/Town you visit has the first Gym. (I say Second because I include Vanville as one you visit.) If its the fourth then there is another city with the possibility of a gym being there. If its third we still have to take on a gym before the handout.

Years
  • When Mewtwo was released with his new form, FANS said it would be in game as capturable or as an event. The Demo that happened not that long ago has Sycamore give you a Mewtwo for the demo to try out. BOTH incidents led fans to believe that Mewtwo is in the game despite there is no official word that he is.

Keldeo was shown changing form EARLY into the game. We were able to get one in the beginning of B2W2. He couldn't transform until later.

Victini's ticket was given out at the beginning of the game. Many thought we'd get Victini at the beginning but we couldn't get him until the third badge.

The context is correct. We don't know WHEN we are getting them. We know we've been given the starters before Post Game. There hasn't been anything official to conflict with this outside of a misinterpretation through the video and announcement of their presence.

As for Gym set up, Second City/Town you visit has the first Gym. (I say Second because I include Vanville as one you visit.) If its the fourth then there is another city with the possibility of a gym being there. If its third we still have to take on a gym before the handout.
    While Victini wasn't at the beginning it was rather early (I consider third gym's city to be early) when we had a chance to catch it.
    And I forget when I transformed Keldeo...but it wasn't too late...

I don't think it'll be fourth...but who knows...if the European tweet is anything to go by it'll be before post game...and I'm guessing sometimes around the first four badges (third gym's city is my guess)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Mega Kanto evolutions with new abilities!!!!!!! Charizard still suxx because stealth rock...

Which is why Magic Bounce and Rapid Spin support is mandatory for SR-weak mons. Also, it has Roost to compensate. It can also use Protect to buy itself a turn when it Mega Evolves (remember that you can attack and Mega Evolve in the same turn).

Anyway, I really like the Kanto starter Mega Evolutions. Thick Fat changes how Venusaur is played by increasing its defenses and negating its Fire and Ice weaknesses. Droughtzard could be facing competition with Droughtales, as even though both Pokemon have the same Speed (assuming Droughtzard doesn't lose Speed as it Mega Evolves), Droughtzard has more raw power. Mega Blastoise, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about, considering that the only "pulse" move I know it gets is Water Pulse. I also can't help but wonder if it will gain Dark Pulse in Gen VI.

Years
  • I've been wondering since looking at Mega Launcher if perhaps "Pulse" moves aren't only the ones with "Pulse" in their names...maybe it'll even increase beam moves...in a way they can be seen as "Pulse" moves...one concentrated into a beam that is.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Venusaur sounds like it's going to be insane with Thick Fat. I'm really excited to use him! I'm also going to use Blastoise when I get my second game (X since I'll be starting with Y) and my brother will get Charizard! c: Really pumped for X and Y now!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've been wondering since looking at Mega Launcher if perhaps "Pulse" moves aren't only the ones with "Pulse" in their names...maybe it'll even increase beam moves...in a way they can be seen as "Pulse" moves...one concentrated into a beam that is.

Site says increases the power of Pulse moves "such as" Water Pulse and Dark Pulse. Seems kinda black and white on what the target of the ability is.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They should made it beams instead...Blastoise has more of those...

inorite? I feel like Blastoise really got shafted on this. On the plus side...we may get more Pulse attacks and Blastoise may be able to learn other Pulse attacks as well....Don't want a Skill link repeat. And barely have anything on their list that is effected.

Years
  • inorite? I feel like Blastoise really got shafted on this. On the plus side...we may get more Pulse attacks and Blastoise may be able to learn other Pulse attacks as well....Don't want a Skill link repeat. And barely have anything on their list that is effected.
    Also reminds me of Spinda with it's dw ability...only has like one move which will benefit it...(well spinda's worse as that move one has to get from the DW (that being Super Power)...
    An ice pulse that might cause freezing would be cool to see it get, oh and a more powerful version of Water Pulse...DW abilities are suppose to benefit the Pokémon GF...or at least we thought so...why give that ability to one that only knows one pulse move? And why Pulses when it has cannons which launch beams!
    @ T.S. It says so in the official site under Blastoise's part of the Mega Evolution's page.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It seems a waste to have ability assigned to boost the power of three moves, I hope they introduce some more Pulse moves such as Light Pulse, Flame Pulse etc.

Back