• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kotone's English Name

How did you feel about Kotone's Official English Name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    no i cant see hibiki being named Forte or something. maybe after the sinnoh league ash dawn brock ursula zoey nando paul barry and team rocket will go to johto to compete in contests and the battle frontier and they will meet jimmy from pkmn chronicles and he will be in his HGSS outfit. in fact they might even see kotone and kazunari again. possibly may and misty

now back to the topic i think kotones english name should be kelly. does anyone agree?
    Of course not. Forte is a stupid name. I was giving examples of categories that may have words that can be made into a name, like how Lucas's name was created. Did you honestly think I meant his name should be "Cresendo" or something like that?

Oh, and they just used Kelly for Ranger: Shadows of Almia.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    i just said forte as an example and her name is kate not kelly

by da way cresendo sounds like a girls name. possibly could be kotone's

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Haruka is spring i believe, May is a month in spring
    Hikari is light, Dawn is the first light of the day

From that. leseeee
    think Kotone, Sound of the Harp, would Probably be Harper
    Harper is a cute name , and i think it suits her
    Melody would work too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Actually i like priscilla. but since kotone's name means sound of harp it most likely will be harper. we will just hav to see 1 week from 2day! Can't Wait!

check out my youtube videos! just search for bonsly209 and all my videos will come up!

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    harper sounds more like a girls name(to me at least) and i like it so... lyra is a good name too

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Harper sounds better for Hibiki IMO, and Melody's been used already, I think Kotone's name will be Lyra. It's a pretty name and a lyre is basically a harp. I never heard it being used either.
    Between the names of Harper, Melody, and Lyra, I prefer Lyra amongst the rest. It still keeps the relation to the meaning of Kotone and it isn't to say it couldn't be used. Harper would probably be the next most fitting name for the female protagonist in the English copy of the games and the anime for that matter. I wouldn't be that surprised if any of these names get used regardless.

... Nevertheless, it's just one of those factors that you just have to wait for. XD;

Years
    Harper sounds better for Hibiki IMO, and Melody's been used already, I think Kotone's name will be Lyra. It's a pretty name and a lyre is basically a harp. I never heard it being used either.

Lyra is also similar to the word, Lyric. They could actually name her or Hibiki after a famous musician or any musical related word.

They could name her Clarice (after Clarinet), Viola (Violin), Lyra (Lyric or lyre), Harper (harp), Harmony, or Melody.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i just said forte as an example and her name is kate not kelly

by da way cresendo sounds like a girls name. possibly could be kotone's
    Sorry, I was thinking of her male counterpart, Kellyn. But, either way, my point stands.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    kellyn is different from kelly. even tho its one letter, they sound different.

yes harper can be both a boy and a girls name. iv met a few harpers so i can see kotone as a harper. i vote for it. or kelly

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I could see Carmen (Latin for song), or Cadence for Kotone since they're both fairly common and have to do with music. Of course, those aren't the names I'd chose first (I like Harper, as mentioned)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oh dear god, please don't let it be Kate. D:

Kristen might be okay.. but it would make me think of a RL friend of mine.

Then again, I already know a Paul, Drew, and Gary, might as well add to the list of Pokemon names. xD;

My guess is that it will end up not even starting with a 'k' though, it'll end up being something random like Melissa. xD; wth.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I really like Melody, Harmony, or Lyra. I think my favorite name is Lyra because it's really pretty and it does have a musical charm to it! ^_^ I hope they choose Lyra!

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Her hat? Ridiculous. Leaf's hat was way better.
    I'd either name her Hooker, or take Gold and call him Hippie.

Years
    ^Dude, we here at PC call that SPAM.

Melody, Harmon, and Lyra. All are acceptable, but how will they fill in for "Ko tone", remember in the Japanese Anime that she made a little stupid saying at the end of her name at the end of almost every sentence. Unless, of course America changes it to "Sounds like music to me!" or nothing at all. The latter is what I prefer though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back