• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    By happenstance I saw the newest Ghibli movie Kokuriko-zaka kara / From Up On Poppy Hill while I was on my trip. I hadn't known it was playing and I was just planning to go to see any movie so I could rest for a few hours and get out of the heat.

It was pretty good. Goro Miyazaki directed it, and I think it suffered a little because of that, but it wasn't anything like Tales of Earthsea, thankfully. It was one of those real life type stores unlike Ponyo or Spirited Away so it was carried by the characters, who started out being not very interesting, but it got better as it got going.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I watched The Cat Returns last night with my sister and my brother.
    Although it was good, me and my brother were just mimicking the way (in the English dub) how the Cat King keeps saying "Babe" at the end of everything >.>

Years
    The last movie that I watched was the final Harry Potter movie. After like weeks of Facebook status updates about it I finally watched it. It was good, but it felt way too rushed. Still, the acting was better than the earlier movies and there were less cringe-worthy moments.

Years
    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2. HOMAGAW! This movie totally made up for number 6 IMO. Don't you remember in the book when there was supposed to be an epic battle between the Death Eaters and the teachers of Hogwarts? No? Well, I do. I was really looking forward to it, but no. All they did was run around the forest... then it was the end.... smh.

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.

.,:;'`Ghost`';:,.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Last Movie You Watched?

ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE

So much nostalgia from this movie omg
    I was surprised to learn that Michael J. Fox was Milo's voice actor in this film, it's really good. But overall, this film is perfect and everyone should watch it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    After a two-month stretch in which I went to the movies five times and saw nothing but Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II, it was surprisingly refreshing to go and see something else. Having Harry Potter finally leave cinemas was a horrific experience emotionally, but also quite freeing in that it has allowed me to move on, cinematically speaking.

So, for my first post-Harry outing I decided to see The Help, and I honestly doubt I could have been happier with my choice. The trailers make it seem like it's a comedic movie about getting back at the horrible white people for what they do to their maids - and it certainly does have that element - but I was shocked at how deep and real the movie went in terms of the personal and historical drama. Basically, sh...tuff went down, and I was not expecting... stuff... to go down.

I honestly can't recommend this movie enough. 10/10.​

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I saw The Lion King 3D in theatres last night. It was so good and I'm almost tempted to go see it again with my little brother too. (It was the first movie he ever saw in theatres... even if he was a few weeks old or something when we took him!) I'm not sure if he's interested though. I hope he is. :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE

That film is amazing it made me mad when i saw it performed badly

MY LATEST FILM was Chinatown and it's really good although it didn't quite manage to make it to my favourites list. Jack Nicholson is amazing as always, love the guy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Chinatown, I really like up until the bit just before the end. (Not the actual end in Chinatown, which is really good, but the bit before that with John Huston and Jack Nicholson.)

I've just come back from a special screening of The Thin Red Line. It would have been one of my favourite films ever if it had ended after the two-hour mark. The final third tended to drag on a bit, and while some of it was necessary, a lot of it was treading water, unfortunately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back