• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • I saw Rango.

Looked really nice. Depp was great. But, odd story with an abrupt ending
    This was the last film I saw in a cinema, and I agree wholeheartedly with this assessment. I would say that the story wasn't odd in a bad way, but certainly became more perfunctory as the film went on, especially towards the end.

In terms of the last film I've seen in general, that would be 'Cleo from 5 to 7', a French film from the '60s about a jazz singer waiting to hear the results from a medical test. Quite good.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Last movie I saw was Juno. Watched it last night on DVD with my mom. I'd never seen it before and only watched it because it had so much hype a few years back and... it was a good movie. I can see why so many people liked it but I think I expected a bit more from it, all things considered.

Years
  • I watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch yesterday and I've had 'Wig in a Box' stuck in my head all day. I'd seen it before, but it wasn't at all like I remembered it (boring) because this time my impression was completely different (awesome).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Last movie I saw was Juno. Watched it last night on DVD with my mom. I'd never seen it before and only watched it because it had so much hype a few years back and... it was a good movie. I can see why so many people liked it but I think I expected a bit more from it, all things considered.
    Juno has the ability to polarize so many people with the power of its dialogue. When I admitted to owning a DVD of it, some of my friends threatened to disown me they hated it that much, whereas others were, 'honest to blog', so thrilled that they could watch it with me. It wasn't even a gender-divide, as I originally suspected, with male and female friends coming down on both sides of the equation.

As for me, I watched it last night (by myself, in my room, alone) and have more respect for it every time I do so. The first 15 minutes are kind of torturous with the dialogue, but underneath all of the snark is a sweet film about growing up and the problems inherent with it, no matter how old you are.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Went to the cinemas and saw "Limitless" which was nothing amazing, but worth seeing. Honestly, from the trailer I didn't think it looked too groundbreaking, and in my opinion, I was correct, however I am pretty fussy with movies, and both my parents really enjoyed it. There was some abuse of effects used throughout the film...
    I recommend it to you all though!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    James and the Giant Peach...just a few hours ago. That movie is a classic and will always be one of the best movies ever.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Saw Unknown at the cinemas with Liam Neeson and January Jones. Quite a good movie, and as I read in a review and completely agree, from the trailer, it is not the movie you expect to see. It is better though!

Anyways, quite a good plot however;
    Spoiler:

Definitely worth seeing, a great movie and excellent entertainment!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • The last move I watched "All the President's Men" last night.

I liked it all but the ending, which was abrupt and reduced on screen text showing what happened years later.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The last move I watched "All the President's Men" last night.

I liked it all but the ending, which was abrupt and reduced on screen text showing what happened years later.
    I saw it for the first time about a month ago and thought the exact same thing (as a friend told me the ending was the best part in her opinion). It was only until about a week later that it finally started to grow on me. It helps if you see the furious typing detailing future events less as an ending and more of an epilogue (with the actual ending being Woodward, Bernstein and Bradlee outside Judy Hoback's house). Maybe it'll grow on you as well; maybe it won't.

Just got back from seeing a British indie film called Submarine, based on a coming-of-age novel. T'was good; it had a 500 Days of Summer vibe in its tone and humour but without all the gimmicks, and manages to rise above most of the cliches inherent in the story. It comes out on June 3rd in North America, and I would recommend it.

Years
  • I've seen its and bits of it throughout my life, but I finally saw Gladiator in its entirety this morning. It was a very fun film to watch for its cinematography and soundtrack, although I was expecting a little more in terms of overall emotional appeal and "deepness". I still enjoyed the movie very much, though.

Now I have an insatiable urge to hack some limbs. Any volunteers?

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I am about to watch me and my best friend's fav movie Black Sheep :) Farley, Spade, and Busey ftw!!!!

Years
  • I watched This is Spinal Tap and District 9 last night. First time watching District 9 but Spinal Tap is an old favorite of mine :)

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • I watched "Sharktopus"... I usually watch that kind of **** with my neighbour XD but we watch some good movies sometimes

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Ip Man, I think. Great movie, but they shouldn't have labeled it as a biography. It wasn't really based on truth.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Ip Man, I think. Great movie, but they shouldn't have labeled it as a biography. It wasn't really based on truth.

It is actually loosely based on the early life of Ip Man. I say loosely, but yeah, it does have some biographical elements! Definitely agree that it was a good movie, one of the best I've seen this year. Seriously.

So last movie I saw was 'The Switch' by the makers of Juno with Jennifer Aniston. Pretty good movie, a little bit weak, but anyone who enjoys romantic comedies would at the very least find this an entertaining film. Recommended peoples!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back