• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Rushmore! Unfortunately I am much less enthusiastic about it than the "!" would suggest. Thoughts on why that is the case, copied and pasted from a Skype conversation:

"it was severely okay. i think my enjoyment of it was pretty hindered by the fact that i hated the main character, regardless of if i was actually meant to hate him or not. that and the impossibility of it all - which i know is a part of it, but it wasn't a part i could appreciate i guess. again though that sort of ties into how i hated this kid yet he kept getting his own way and being sucessful, minus the weird attempts on his teacher.

also a lot of things that should have been very relevant to the plot just... weren't. no consequences for cutting that guy's brakes on his car (as his dad bailing him out of jail took all of... maybe two minutes, with no later issues?), no (major) issues settling in at this new school of his, stuff like that.

in general i kinda felt like there were a lot of potentially alright things going on, but none of it was very satisfying because... i guess i just kept flipping between "i hate this kid" and "...why?" while i was watching. incidentally there were only two really satisfying moments for me and both of them involved max getting punched in the face."

2.5/5. maccrash, who loves this film, made me do this.
I agree with every single word of this. Sorry, Matty.

When I saw it last year for the first time, I wrote: "This is [Wes Anderson's] most 'normal', right? It certainly felt the most emotionally resonant until Olivia Williams kept talking to both of her crazy stalkers long after it was appropriate for her to file restraining orders." Still stand by that opinion, and have only soured on the film more in retrospect.

Last film I watched was Wild River, a melodrama from the '60s by Elia Kazan (director of A Streetcar Named Desire and On The Waterfront) about the sexy worlds of compulsory land purchase and southern American racism in the Great Depression! It's much more scintillating than it sounds, and absolutely gaaaaawjus to boot!

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
I agree with every single word of this. Sorry, Matty.

When I saw it last year for the first time, I wrote: "This is [Wes Anderson's] most 'normal', right? It certainly felt the most emotionally resonant until Olivia Williams kept talking to both of her crazy stalkers long after it was appropriate for her to file restraining orders." Still stand by that opinion, and have only soured on the film more in retrospect.
I didn't Love it the first time I saw it as much as I do now, but it only took 1 or 2 more viewings for me to fall head-over-heels for it. Wes's films have never really existed in a world full of Completely 100% Likely Scenarios so those little plot-hole-esque things don't really have an impact on me. there's so much more to Absorb. The Royal Tenenbaums is his most emotionally resonant regardless, imo.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
wes anderson is shite lol
quirkiness does not a good film make

i just finished watching girl, interrupted and while i'll stand true to my intense dislike of winona ryder until the end of time, i liked her more this time around because she makes angelina jolie stand out that much more
idk if ms jolie would have won the best supporting actress oscar in any other year (i don't think she would have), but her only realistic competition from the 1999 circuit was toni collette and jolie simply had the more engaging performance

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Straight Outta Compton
Watched it last night on opening night.
Worth the $4 for the ticket, $10 for popcorn, $7 for a drink, and the 2 1/2 hours it took to watch.
One of the best movies I've ever seen. It really did E justice and showed the side of him most people didn't know.
52/10.

Years
The Rescuers Down Under

Not entirely by choice, but someone else put on this movie while I was out at another house yesterday, and I watched it because well, there wasn't much else to do at the time. Considering they'd played Robin Hood (the Disney version) just before then, I'm guessing someone was on a small Disney kick yesterday.

(Plus I watched it because I actually don't mind that movie.)

Years
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

Based on a 60s spy TV show I didn't know existed until a short while ago, the movie is a lot like James Bond movies used to be before they got all dark and serious. It was a lot of action and fun and 60s fashions. Instead of one spy, we got two, and their mutual hatred of each other was what made the movie a step above what it would have been if it had just been a simple spy movie. Would recommend to anyone who likes James Bond or spy movies or anything set in the 60s or Henry Cavill.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Nightcrawler

Great movie and amazing directorial debut of Dan Gilroy. I'm expecting a lot from this man. I loved the plot of the movie and Jake Gyllenhaal's character was amazingly executed.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
The Unauthorized Full House story that premiered on Lifetime last night...I would not suggest it to anyone.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Attack On Titan : Live Action Part 1
REALLLY I mean really dissapointing sure the climax was ok but wth happened. What's with all these plot holes? The characters are too inconsistent tbh. Really hope this changes in the second part and try to lessen those retarded scenes like a soldier freaking lifting a titan like wtf man. -.-

blue

gucci
Years
Lucy

After watching it for a second time, it is probably one of my favourite movies of all time. The movie is so well put together and Scarlett Johansson plays the part perfectly.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Man of Steel

I think this a movie that I'll enjoy the more I watch it. Watched it for the 2nd time and I had a better time watching it than the first.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
I just sat down and re-watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

I love this film. One of the films I actually went out and bought on Blu-ray. Right up my street. The motion capture/acting (If that's what I can call it) was amazing. I loved the story and the way they set up the third film. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to anyone (after they've gone back and seen the first one) so I'd give it 7.5/10

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
9mVhZk.jpg

wer. The best movie of 2013.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
I just sat down and re-watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

I love this film. One of the films I actually went out and bought on Blu-ray. Right up my street. The motion capture/acting (If that's what I can call it) was amazing. I loved the story and the way they set up the third film. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it to anyone (after they've gone back and seen the first one) so I'd give it 7.5/10

Ooh, I agree - Love these two films!! Brilliant stuff {:3}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back