• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Last year's "leaks"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Almost exactly a year ago, some "leaks" circulated the internet, passed around as confidential art of the upcoming Gen 8 starters. Remember these?

There was quite a bit of buzz about these images, but they turned out to be fakes. In your opinion, how do these compare to the real Gen 8 starters we know now? Coincidentally, they actually got the Fire bunny right! Which trio do you like more?

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
    Years
  • I think just luck. The fire one was an easy guess due to the zodiac thing and I guess a monkey one is too

Actually the rabbit is the only new species for a starter since we had a monkey and water lizard before. Interesting we got them again

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Wait, these got a lot right about what was announced today. Are we sure these were fake after all?

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I definitely prefer the trio we have officially, although I still have an undying need for a Platypus pokémon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I adore the trio that we have (though I agree that a platypus Pokemon one day would be amazing! Maybe when we get a region in Australia?) but these were cute too. Ironic how they guessed the Bunny (though not hard re: zodiac) and the primate. I wonder now that it's been announced how many more "leaks" we'll be seeing. Probably a lot hmm.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'm bummed we didn't get a water Elephant starter, but that could be a wild Pokémon. Also, I actually don't mind Scorbunny. It looks cool.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Much prefer the trio we have now. I do like the idea of a platypus Pokemon though but perhaps not as a starter but a two stage water Pokemon within the game

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    These are actually really interesting. I don't remember seeing these designs when they were originally released but damn that artist is talented and has some great prophetic designs lol. I prefer the official starters, but wow it cannot be understated that this artist nearly nailed it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • There were FIVE Chinese Zodiac left (Rabbit, Ox, Snake, Horse and Sheep) so the above saying it being /just/ luck, that was only a 20% chance of being right.

I would say the leak seems pretty valid, considering the Grass and Water starters did pretty much go the "almost same" path.

I would also say the "leaked"-Rabbit starter seems better than Scorbunny imo, but I love Scorbunny as well.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I adore the platypus Pokémon and would choose it in a heartbeat, but I think I prefer the official trio! Especially the Grass-type—I like Grooky better. <3

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2019
    Soo about these supposed "Armored Evolution leaks"

Honestly, I'm cool with it if it's true, but Mewtwo and mother fucking Charizard need to go sit somewhere with them greedy selves.

Kanto Pandering in general has gotten extremely cancerous now. I'm an older Pokémon player and played the kanto games the most but good grief! CAN THE JOHTO STARTERS GET SOMETHING ALREADY!!!? We already know the Sinnoh Starters will get something when their remakes eventually come out, but what about Johto??? They haven't been acknowledged since Gen 4 and it's been 10 years since that happened. I'm sick of Johto getting treated like the red headed step child of Pokémon or the uncool version of Kanto.

I WANT TYPHLOSION TO BE COMPETITIVELY VIABLE!!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I think I'm in the minority here but I actually prefer the fake trio! I'm not feeling the lemur/monkey one and Grookey is definitely the cuter grass monkey, but even then I really appreciate the little berry detail on its tail, I think that's adorable. I really love the fire bunny and platypus here, though.

Years
  • Grookey is babie but this grass lemur/monkey also looks pretty intriguing - I'm not mad at it. I prefer Scorbunny but this bunny has some traits that are nice. The platypyus is cute but Sobble is more cute

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2019
    What do you think about Armored Evolution, and which pokemon you would love to get one? (if they are real)

I would love to see a the Johto or Sinnoh starters. An armored dragonite or salamance would be cool as well. I do hope they are real.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I saw a "leak" on reddit a few days ago that said Galar would have two professors. One studies the defensive capabilities of pokemon and the other studies offense.
    It got me thinking that, if they're real, armor evolutions could be similar. A Sword Form that gives mainly attack boosts and a Shield Form that mainly buffs defenses.
    Maybe the pokemon holds either a "Sword Stone" or a "Shield Stone" while the trainer holds an "Armor Stone".
    And maybe you can use one sword form and one shield form per battle, on top of your one mega and one z-move, thereby making your team even more incredibly overpowered...

ANYway, rampant and baseless speculation aside, I agree that the Johto and Sinnoh starters should get them.
    Others I'd like to see (in no particular order):
    Regular Raichu
    Haxorus
    Chesnaught
    Nidoqueen and Nidoking
    Mudsdale
    Roserade
    Male Salandit
    Male Combee

And no matter what, I don't want charizard to get one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2019
    I saw a "leak" on reddit a few days ago that said Galar would have two professors. One studies the defensive capabilities of pokemon and the other studies offense.
    It got me thinking that, if they're real, armor evolutions could be similar. A Sword Form that gives mainly attack boosts and a Shield Form that mainly buffs defenses.
    Maybe the pokemon holds either a "Sword Stone" or a "Shield Stone" while the trainer holds an "Armor Stone".
    And maybe you can use one sword form and one shield form per battle, on top of your one mega and one z-move, thereby making your team even more incredibly overpowered...

ANYway, rampant and baseless speculation aside, I agree that the Johto and Sinnoh starters should get them.
    Others I'd like to see (in no particular order):
    Regular Raichu
    Haxorus
    Chesnaught
    Nidoqueen and Nidoking
    Mudsdale
    Roserade
    Male Salandit
    Male Combee

And no matter what, I don't want charizard to get one.

I really like your idea about the stones :) And even dunsparce or shuckle should get some love from this game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I'm thinking meltan will play a part in armored evolution... just a thought.

Besides that, I would like to see armored tank pokemon like dragonite, snorlax, and Electivire...
    ...but i also want to see armored cute pokemon like pachirisu, Corsola, and Dedenne

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I would actually really like Armored evolution to be honest! Armored "forms" were a feature I was considering implementing in a hack project so I'd love it in a canon capacity.

IF it's going to be a thing, I imagine the starters will get it since that's pretty much a standard, but others I think would be amazing if included are Salamence, Bastiodon, Rampardos, Tyranitar, Druddigon, Rapidash, Nidoqueen/Nidoking, Haxorus, Kangaskhan... that's quite a lot so I'll stop there lol

Last edited:
    Back