• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Latias or Latios?

Latias or Latios?

• Latias

Votes: 29 53.7%
  • Latios

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Latias. She's so adorable <33 and I like how defensive she can be! You can blame the 5th Pokemon movie for my love for Latias.

Soul Dew + max EVs in Sp.Def Latias, and not even Draco Meteor from Specs Latios would OHKO.

Don't get me wrong, they're both really good, but Latias gets the pick.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I prefer Latias, because I spent three days chasing after her using my trusty Pokédex locator and used a tough Crobat's Mean Look to trap her. It was only after that did I realize Latias was in fact a Psychic type and thus had to depend on luck and a LOT of Hyper Potions to catch her, with the use of over 30 Ultra Balls. I'll never forget that.

As for Latios, I used the Master Ball straightaway, haha. Don't have any fun memories, though.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
  • Age 31
  • he/him
  • Texas
  • Seen Mar 9, 2023
I picked Sapphire, so Latias is my choice. A lot of people prefer Latios due to it being more masculine, but the red dragon still wins me over. Back in the day, it was one of the few non-banned legendaries aside from the obvious exceptions, and was a staple of my competitive team that won me a tournament.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I prefer offensive teams and male teams so Latios was/is my choice for both.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
Years
Latios for the same reason many've mentioned; offense, baby!

Also blue's cooler than pink. Even if Mon would disagree. I know you can see this, dude.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Latias because I buy sapphire and had no choice xD

But really, I liked Latios

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Latios, I liked the design better plus Latios is a male lel

I also owned ruby before so I had to stick with him then. :3

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Latios because:

1. He is a male.
2. I like blue better than red.
3. His stats lean towards offense as opposed to defense.

Years
Based on the poll, I'm in the minority here. I find Latias to be a favorable design over Latios, and although I use Latios more often in competitive battling due to its superior offensive stats and movepool, Latias has a special place in my heart because I caught her legitimately in Sapphire, after a long and frustrating hunt. Not to mention that she isn't too shabby when it comes to competitive battling as well. She's used for her defensive capabilities, which I enjoy more than an offensively oriented team. Unfortunately, defensive Pokemon don't have as much success, and so Latias doesn't find a spot on most people's teams.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I like Latios' design more, plus he is a stronger Pokémon offensively. I like the sleek blue design that Latios has, he seems like he would out speed Latias in a race and is more cool than Latias. Also, he has been more use to me in Competitive battling than Latias. His Speed and great Special Attack stats have helped me to sweep entire teams before. Regardless, I was glad both Latias and Latios were introduced in Generation 3. I love the dragon types, and these two are my favorite. One, they are both cute Pokémon but are also wickedly strong. They have a great design, and have been a fan favorite since their debut.

Years
Latias without a doubt! I love Latios and used to prefer him years back since he just had that.. super cool demeanor in the movie but Latias has become a favorite as she's extremely cute. Plus her shiny form is amazing! So golden. (:

380.png

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
Years
I love both but I prefer Latias. Not only is she cute but also fierce in battle. I got really attached to my Latias, so she finds her way in my competitive team more often than Latios.

Last edited:
Back