• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I guess it's about time I shoot for g5 to get the end of season rewards, but I don't want to get dropped into b1 and then never be able to get out.
    Working on the same thing myself, currently in Silver IV but really wanting that new Morgana skin. Played a few games today in duo queue with Olli but we had very little success, it seems no matter how many times you ping to focus the nexus and end the game people just can't stop being greedy and throwing the entire match in return for one last kill. Twice today we lost due to throws like this and it's getting really annoying - I main Leona support in ranked but I'm thinking I'll swap to adc or jungle again just so I can have more of an impact at these crucial moments. At any rate, with a month or so to go and at least 30 games to win before Gold V it's time to spam this ladder.

And yes, the new jungle spawns look incredible ♥

Years
    Speaking of ranked and end of the season rewards, I should probably finish my promos... 6 left to go!

Although I almost feel like at this point... is it worth it? Other than potentially getting the free skin (I don't play/own morg though), is it worth it to start next season with the ranking disadvantage that your rank from the previous season gives you?

Or would it be better just to stay unranked?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    My goal is just to get to level thirty by the end of the month. Only six more levels to go!

What are these rewards people are talking about? It sounds like a Morgana skin. And what's the disadvantage that Sheerow is talking about? I feel like I'm missing things, very important things.

Years
    My goal is just to get to level thirty by the end of the month. Only six more levels to go!

What are these rewards people are talking about? It sounds like a Morgana skin. And what's the disadvantage that Sheerow is talking about? I feel like I'm missing things, very important things.

So depending on your rank you get different stuff.

Bronze: Summoner Icon
    Silver: Summoner Icon, Banner Trim and a Loading Screen Borde.
    Gold+:
    Summoner Icon, Banner Trim, Loading Screen Border, Season Icon appears in Game Invite and Friend Request notifications, Victorious Champion Skin(Which is for Morgana).

I have been playing since 2011 and I have no idea about these ranking disadvantages.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Selly what is your rank now? I assume high Gold, or?

I don't know anything about ranked disadvantages either, perhaps other than being instantly paired against stronger people when the season starts, but anything is worth that morgana skin. So damn pretty, I really can't remember a better skin haha.

Sirfetch’d

I need to play ranked again. After I lost my silver 3 promos I just lost interest in ranked and was tired of idiots as teammates. I'm inactive now so I should at least do a match to get my silver rewards.

Years
    Well from what I heard, with the current season if you were ranked season 3 and went to do your promos, you had a significantly lower chance of placing out of your rank from last season. So even if you won all of your promos, but were bronze 3 in season 3, the highest you would place in season 4 would be somewhere in silver maybe, instead of in Gold if you were unranked.

I know placing has to do with MMR, but it also has to do with rank from last season iirc.

Also guys, who's excited for the preseason changes?
    https://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/10/109-pbe-update.html

Keep in mind these are all tentative, but I gotta say I'm super excited for the jungle changes, since I end up playing jungle a lot!

Sirfetch’d

I'm excited about the dragon changes c: Going to make dragon control more important than ever though!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    You guys saying "I'm only in silver lol" while I'm stuck down here in B1. :'D

tbf though I don't play ranked/lol very often anymore and when I do, I'm pretty bad at the game. So either I yololeg it to silver or just stay down here? idk. ): Also whaaaat everything's getting reworked when it comes to champion splashes. Are they just changing League's art style in general? I really liked some of the old splashes compared to the new ones/or hated both but liked the old one more. :(

Anyway the jungling preseason changes are interesting. The 4 second on recall sounds kinda overpowered on baron buff seeing as the team with it would probably be in the lead already? But I guess that helps with winning and closing out games so thank god. No more dancing around the nexus and getting aced by enemy katarinas. :D Anddd dragon. Oh boy. I always forget to call for dragon so I'm gonna have fun competing with the enemy jungler for them. :(

Years
    I'm just gonna get to Gold 5 every season then not play ranked for the rest of the season because of the no decay thing, to get the end of season rewards. I don't think ranked is worth more attention than that from me.

Years
    I like kogmaw's new splash art. I think shyvanas is hideous now. They've also updated some of the colours and details of some champions in game too, Vayne has more detail, alkali has more detail and different colouring.

on another note, I have finally decided my 5 champions.

Gnar, Lee Sin, Azir, Vayne and Lulu. one champion for each lane

Last edited:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    I've pretty much got my best champions for every lane, too:
    Riven/Rengar, Xin Zhao/Rengar/Udyr, Talon/Malzahar(Still need to buy Malz), Vayne/Lucian/Jinx (Need all three), Leona/Thresh/Alistar (Need first two).
    I'm decent with all of them, other than Vayne. I've played Vayne like twice. But I like her. Now I just need to save up LOTS of IP, and buy Runes, Rune Pages, and Champions.

I realized, I own a very strange set of champions:
    Aatrox, Alistar, Annie, Garen, Jax, Kayle, Lee Sin, Master Yi, Nasus, Nidalee, Nunu, Rengar, Riven, Ryze, Shaco, Talon, Teemo, Tristana, Tryndamere, Udyr, Warwick, Wukong, Xin Zhao.

Clearly there is a very large trend. *Jungle and Top*

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    When I first started playing, I played Wukong, so when he was taken off of the free to play list, I spent ten bucks and got him. Riot was also having their starter pack on sale, so I snagged that up too, and I gained a lot of champions. I don't play most of them, though, but I did learn how to clear camps with Warwick, so I guess it was worth it.

The champions I currently own are Annie, Ashe, Brand, Galio, Garen, Master Yi, Nocturne, Nunu, Ryze, Sivir, Twitch, Warwick, and Wukong.

The only ones of those that I know how to play are Galio, Nocturne, Twitch, and Wukong, although I haven't played Wukong in a while. Nocturne is for the jungle, Twitch is my ADC, Wukong I sometimes play top with, and I use Galio for everything else. In a pinch, I can also play Annie, Ashe, Garen, Warwick, and Brand.

The roles I probably enjoy the most are Mid and Support, but I mostly just fill in draft play.

Years
    My first champion that I was able to not completely feed to bots was... Diana I think? Either her or Zyra, as both were ftp.

My main champs for each role kinda vary, but as of lately when I've had time to play:

ADC: Jinx, Sivir(still learning her) and Vayne who I'm meh at
    Support: Thresh, Nami, sometimes Lux, Annie, sometimes Janna
    Mid: Ahri, Leblanc, Lissandra, Orianna
    Jungle: Zac, Evelynn, Shaco (sometimes-ish), Vi (sometimes-ish)
    Top: Lissandra, Gnar (kinda), Riven (sometimes)

I mostly play Jungle or Support, as I call fill, but I enjoy the two. I think my favorite is probably support because you really have to focus on teamwork throughout all of the game. And since your job is just to protect or initiate fights, it's you who calls a lot of the shots, even if you aren't getting the pentakills.

It's why Zac is my favorite jungler right now, as he's so disruptive and good at initiating, and his passive allows you to be focused and not actually die. c:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    They may as well as put a sign on the gate to Silver or Bronze that says: "Welcome to hell. You're never leaving."
    I can not win games in Ranked. My friend and I duoed for three games, and only won one because the enemy team afked. We lost the other two because our team argued all game, or afked.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    They may as well as put a sign on the gate to Silver or Bronze that says: "Welcome to hell. You're never leaving."
    I can not win games in Ranked. My friend and I duoed for three games, and only won one because the enemy team afked. We lost the other two because our team argued all game, or afked.
    Well, what were you arguing about, or who were you arguing with? I can only assume that you're arguing with your teammates because they're making bad calls and screwing up the match. I mean, it's perfectly understandable that you would want the team to do the right thing at the right time, but you have to remember that you're stuck with the lower elo's, where they are incredibly bull-headed and refuse to budge. It might be worth it to just follow your team with the bad calls. If only half your team follows a good call, then it's not that good of a call, because you don't have your full strength. However, if your entire team follows through on a bad call, then it might not turn out to be so bad.

You're playing with the same type of people that the other team is playing with, and if you're constantly losing, then there's probably something wrong. If you're having a lot of trouble, then stick with champions that can carry hardcore. Champions like Akali, Yasuo, Fiora, Riven, just about any ADC except Ashe, and Rengar can all carry a team (I know these aren't the only ones, but they are the ones on top of my head). Group up in a lane and force a team fight. If you're really fed, then you should be able to take them out with little resistance.

Also, this video might help. It's a little on the harsh side, and it may not apply, but oh well, the points still stand (warning: language):

Last edited:
    Back