• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Years
    They may as well as put a sign on the gate to Silver or Bronze that says: "Welcome to hell. You're never leaving."
    I can not win games in Ranked. My friend and I duoed for three games, and only won one because the enemy team afked. We lost the other two because our team argued all game, or afked.

I escaped. At that elo I had won more 3v5's than I lost, it's do-able, it's just a case of finding your way. I did it with the likes of Renekton, Caitlyn, Nasus and Sejuani.

also if you think silver/bronze is bad, try playing with plats. they're like bronze, but even cockier. and for lack of better words, they're a bunch of ****holes.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Well, what were you arguing about, or who were you arguing with? I can only assume that you're arguing with your teammates because they're making bad calls and screwing up the match. I mean, it's perfectly understandable that you would want the team to do the right thing at the right time, but you have to remember that you're stuck with the lower elo's, where they are incredibly bull-headed and refuse to budge. It might be worth it to just follow your team with the bad calls. If only half your team follows a good call, then it's not that good of a call, because you don't have your full strength. However, if your entire team follows through on a bad call, then it might not turn out to be so bad.

You're playing with the same type of people that the other team is playing with, and if you're constantly losing, then there's probably something wrong. If you're having a lot of trouble, then stick with champions that can carry hardcore. Champions like Akali, Yasuo, Fiora, Riven, just about any ADC except Ashe, and Rengar can all carry a team (I know these aren't the only ones, but they are the ones on top of my head). Group up in a lane and force a team fight. If you're really fed, then you should be able to take them out with little resistance.

Also, this video might help. It's a little on the harsh side, and it may not apply, but oh well, the points still stand (warning: language):

I barely even say a word. I just let them fight. I rarely do any arguing. I save that for normals, where I care much less about losing. I play champions like Rengar, Udyr, Xin Zhao, etc. Champions that bring a lot to a team, and aren't just damage or pushing (Except my kitty).

btw, Sky Williams is hilarious. Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    So after juggling around a bit with wins and losses, I finally made it into Silver 3. I've been in Silver 4 for the past few months, though that's only really because I just started playing again. I think I'll probably be able to make it to Gold 5 before the season ends, but that really depends on how well I utilize this next week as I don't have any school.

Regarding the issue of people making bad calls in ranked, and people being split on whetherh to follow it, I do know the feeling. The only advice I can really give is to not start raging. It's not gonna help anything once the call's already been made, and it's not necessarily gonna keep people from acting out on their calls. When making calls, just sound confident rather than angry. People will be more inclined to follow your lead. And of course there are gonna be people who are too stubborn, and that can't really be helped, but raging over it isn't gonna help anything. Not that I think you're the person to do that, but just speaking from how I've perceived the issue in a lot of my ranked matches.

Generally I tend to keep an attitude of 'everyone makes mistakes and have bad games in ranked', and tell people not to beat themselves up over it if it's going bad, possibly giving some advice on how to avoid __ thing happening again, since people seem more susceptible to listening in those cases. Well, as long as I'm not doing poorly myself haha. But yeah, even if I'm annoyed or angry that someone's feeding, making bad plays or not listening to the team, I try to point it out to them in a non-intimidating manner.

I definitely am not always the best one at making calls, and I'm in no way perfect, but this is the way I'd want people to approach me when I did poorly, and I've found it makes the games a whole lot more enjoyable to play if someone isn't caps-raging in the chat about how badly someone's doing.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I barely even say a word. I just let them fight. I rarely do any arguing. I save that for normals, where I care much less about losing. I play champions like Rengar, Udyr, Xin Zhao, etc. Champions that bring a lot to a team, and aren't just damage or pushing (Except my kitty).

btw, Sky Williams is hilarious. Possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen.
    Well, then I got nothing.

And Sky Williams is possibly the greatest thing to happen to the LoL community, haha.

Years
    OK, some changes to my champion pool.

Swapped Lee Sin with Rengar, Swapped Azir with Anivia, Gnar, Vayne and Lulu remain the same.

Just had my first ranked game as Anivia vs an Ahri main (I was last pick and I picked Anivia beacause we had no waveclear) and I jsut destroyed her on lane. I have NO idea how, but I was able to dodge every charm she ever fired at me... So maybe she has the same trouble I do (find it very hard to hit floating targets).

One point in this game, it was questionable whether it was a gold level game or a bronze level game, because in 2 teamfights, at least 3 of them were just standing on my ult for the entire fight.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Just saw they made Curse voice able to be used. What your opinion on that?

Trying to learn Udyr atm to pick up a new champ for Jungle. ATM I only have Vi that I know.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Well I was supposed to study for my english essay tomorrow but instead ended up watching worlds with Slate, Bidoof, littlebrother and Windy on the battle server. :p

Below is how the game went but I spoilered it in case people want to see it themselves first. :)

Spoiler:

On a slightly related note:
    SHACO IS A NIGHTMARE ASDFGHJKL; I hate him sorry. :( Everything about him from his design to 'imma get yo in yer jung lad'.

OK IM DONE NOW. back to studying for english ;__;

Years
    On a slightly related note:
    SHACO IS A NIGHTMARE ASDFGHJKL; I hate him sorry. :( Everything about him from his design to 'imma get yo in yer jung lad'.

OK IM DONE NOW. back to studying for english ;__;

Shaco is beautiful I'm not sure what you're talking about! Haven't played too much of him recently but there's nothing more fun than Q-ing into a team fight, ulting and watching the confusion unfold. c: And also just generally being a jerk and ganking people.

I just watched some of the finals of the world's games. Sooooo good. It got really intense *-*.

Spoiler:

Sirfetch’d

They were very good c: I was surprised of how...one sided they were XD. Oh well can't wait for the next season to get here! Hopefully the champ pool is more diverse at adc becuase I'mm tired of seeing Trist and Corki every game haha

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I feel like worlds and the esport side of LoL in general kinda influences the FotM or meta you see when playing PvP, ranked or even stuff like Dominion. Zilean mid got used in the LCS. Poof, a sudden influx of Zilean mids everywhere. Also I remember after Kog'Maw made a surprise appearance in a lot of the games, its popularity skyrocketed for a while as well. Same with Cait. That or I've never really paid much notice to what my opponents are picking every game. :( which is really likely knowing me buuuut y'know my point still stands ;__;

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT TOM. SHACO IS A JERK like you :(

I'm pretty sure my most hated champs are things I just don't generally do well against or find really annoying. It doesn't even matter if I play the champ myself. I hate stuff like Volibear, Shaco, Blitzcrank, Garen (spin 2 win), Evelynn and generally champs I have to be more wary against or predict what they're going to do. I'd much rather vs something more predictable and easy to shut down like Yasuo. Also tanks. :( Especially those that charge at you and FLIP YOU INTO THEIR FUC- (*cough* singed and voli *cough*)

tl;dr: i hate volibear

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I'm sick, so I had to stay home from work, but I got to play a few games of LoL after I puked and felt better, so... yay?

Anyway, since I'm trying to expand my champion pool, Maokai, Thresh, and Kennen all make their way into my champion pool. Kennen is my most recent addition, and he is a lot of fun to play as. I've dominated just about every lane with him, but I found out that he doesn't fare so well against Karthus. Oh well, at least I have Galio for that.

As far as my least favorite champion goes, when I'm banning in draft mode, Heim is always my first ban. I hate him so much, he should just be removed from the game entirely. Every time I try to get him and whittle him down, he just kites me as his turrets shred through my life bar. Before I know it, I'm dead and Heim has a sliver of life left, and it's basically the dumbest thing ever.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    As far as my least favorite champion goes, when I'm banning in draft mode, Heim is always my first ban. I hate him so much, he should just be removed from the game entirely. Every time I try to get him and whittle him down, he just kites me as his turrets shred through my life bar. Before I know it, I'm dead and Heim has a sliver of life left, and it's basically the dumbest thing ever.
    I think everyone has one or two champions they feel like that about, I don't mind Heim personally but I would absolutely love to see Lee Sin and Yasuo both deleted from the game XD

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I recently went back to League to check out how they reworked Soraka and I gotta say... I don't think Soraka is going to be my main support anymore.. or that I'll even play her anymore. I just hate her rework, she can't even heal herself, heal others without killing herself or even restore mana. I absolutely hate the new Soraka...

Sirfetch’d

I recently went back to League to check out how they reworked Soraka and I gotta say... I don't think Soraka is going to be my main support anymore.. or that I'll even play her anymore. I just hate her rework, she can't even heal herself, heal others without killing herself or even restore mana. I absolutely hate the new Soraka...

I've only played her once or twice and I'm still indifferent about her. I feel like overall she is healthier because she is more interractive and I personally love her, but her not being able to heal herself and her hp cost to heal are both really annoying. She is fun imo, but I see no reason to pick her over other healing supports like Nami and Janna who are both much better than her. At least the other reworks(Cass and Viktor) both made their champions immensely stronger. Cassiopeia is literally OP in the right hands right now.

Also trying to expand my champion pool so I've been trying some new champs out. Right now the champs I play are just ones I've had for a while and love. Currently I play:

Adc: Miss Fortune(95% of the time), sometimes Ashe, sometimes Caitlyn
    Mid: Syndra, Orianna, Heim, Karthus, Morgana, Ziggs, Ahri, Annie, Cassiopeia, Zyra(on occassion), and now Viktor
    Top: Swain, Heim, Lissandra, Quinn
    Support: Nami
    Jungle: I rarely jungle ever and only play Amumu when I do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    At least the other reworks(Cass and Viktor) both made their champions immensely stronger. Cassiopeia is literally OP in the right hands right now.
    Oh wow, really? :o I've heard countless bad things about the new Cass saying she's much weaker than before and her passive is unreasonable to stack to 400; is this just misinformed? She's rated Tier 4 right now with a terrible win rate so I certainly don't see her as being in a good place, but perhaps people are still just getting used to her...? I must admit I've tried her a couple times post-rework and found her very strong so I wasn't quite sure what people were talking about with her crashing so hard, but again the win rate really doesn't look good for her. I'm definitely interested to know how different she is now than before - you used to play her a lot and I never did, can you explain? XD

Sirfetch’d

Well I think her win rate is so low because she is much harder than before. Her q isn't as spammable and stacking is hard. Her early game is very weak so she isn't the lane bully she once was. That said, her late game makes her OP. You're doing insane damage while also getting natural spell vamp from your e. Her new passive allows her AP to be over 1,000 late game which is insane.

Basically she is a late game carry. If you don't make it to late game or get behind early imo she is kinda weak.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I've only played her once or twice and I'm still indifferent about her. I feel like overall she is healthier because she is more interractive and I personally love her, but her not being able to heal herself and her hp cost to heal are both really annoying. She is fun imo, but I see no reason to pick her over other healing supports like Nami and Janna who are both much better than her.
    For me, she became more vulnerable to hit. Her only method of healing is her starfall and her ult while before it was her W and her Ult, which her W would heal more than her starfall would now and starfall would cost more to heal her for the same exact amount as the other one. And her passive that makes her run faster, You could've gotten it with boots of mobility plus with an extra perk given to it, while her old one passive that gave her extra healing % based on how many the ally's hp was missing was basically free extra spell power. I see her more of a weak caster now than a support. Yes, Soraka had basically no lane presence BUT she compensated from it by keeping her ADC alive and still kicking it with her old spell giving the ADC mana over and over again, WHICH by the way, Soraka was the only champion to be able to to that if my memory serves me right. Hopefully Rito will get their crap together and make a champion that was like Soraka, because Soraka was an extremely good support, while now she's a better as a caster than a support.

And you can see how mad I am against these changes against her because, I don't know if we played a lot. But Soraka was my go to support champion. Everyone loved me as 'Raka. But nope, Rito did it again. Teemo too OP? Better rework Soraka.

Back