• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The descriptions for dragonite and the zubat line are... interesting:
    https://imgur.com/a/2prF2

Also about the new leak:
    "These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon. " NO
    "These include Greninja (Rainbow)" UGH No greninja forms PLZ
    "There aren't any new Mega Evolutions." Don't you dare ruin my S/M hype!
    "Marshadow's second type is random" That sounds really hard to build a strategy around.
    "Battle Maison" No, why
    "TPC intends to reveal all of the Gen 7 Pokémon (excluding the legends) before launch." Stop it
    "Rainbow Greninja is technically Ash Greninja" Why ;_;
    Least favorite leak so far :p

Battle Maison return would just be awful, because we know how much people hated it in 6th Gen. No new Megas could be plausible considering the lack of it in promotional material so far, and with Alola Forms and Z-Moves being a thing it's likely Megas are taking a backseat. Speaking of Alola Forms, giving them to only Kanto Pokemon is to me, huge Genwunner fanservice.

Seriously, I don't believe this one at all.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yes. The Z-Bracelet is a key item in your backpack. Selecting it allows you to place 1 mega stone and 1 z stone inside of it. This allows for more crazy strategies because your Mega Pokémon can now hold items like Rayquaza due to this.
    After the existence of Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Salamence, the Primals, and Mega Rayquaza, I seriously doubt Game Freak would do something like this. Like, I'd lose all faith in them if this happened. Which is why I absolutely cannot believe this "leak" is true.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Battle Maison return would just be awful, because we know how much people hated it in 6th Gen.

Those people are in the minority, the rest of the players didn't really care.

Speaking of Alola Forms, giving them to only Kanto Pokemon is to me, huge Genwunner fanservice.

If you've already seen that Clement video I posted, then you would understand why people like him are coming back to the series after leaving during Gen III and it's becoming important for Game Freak to keep them longer (they don't care about the newer Pokémon so long as they're able to use any of the original 151 Pokémon).

You're in luck, because I've noticed other flaws in this leak. The named "Gigareki" was trademarked for a game mechanic and not for an actual Pokémon, and according to the leak that this fake leak is piggybacking on, the stranger souvenir is related to one of the three unrevealed Guardians (not Gigareki).

Years
    Another new leak by a user named akio, and it's lapping on the PokeBeach leak I posted before (the one mentioning 120+ new Pokémon and 8 legendaries being important to the story):

What made me not believe this leak is the mention of the NX being a dual set, when it was already confirmed by Nintendo that it's going to be a third piller and not replacing the Wii U nor the 3DS. The leak also contradicts the Chinese leaks that treats Marshadow and the dolphin Pokémon as separate characters.

This leak is one I'm hoping is fake, because as I said no-one loves the Battle Maison. No new Megas was something I would have likely expected anyway due to them not being focused anymore, but Alola Forms are appearing to be huge Kanto fanservice and I am not looking forward to that.

Rockruff needing Howl to evolve could be possible since werewolves do howl.

And no don't reveal everything before release as far as new Pokemon are concerned, because it was that way with the new Megas in OR/AS and it caused disappointment because there was no surprises to be discovered in-game and that posed the game as a letdown to some.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    And no don't reveal everything before release as far as new Pokemon are concerned, because it was that way with the new Megas in OR/AS and it caused disappointment because there was no surprises to be discovered in-game and that posed the game as a letdown to some.

I thought it was because they found ORAS too easy, even though it's the same difficulty as the original (including the number of Pokémon in the gym leaders/Elite Four members' roster, only proving that how many Pokémon an NPC owns has nothing to do with game difficulty).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I find it strange that the "leak" is mixing in information on the NX in with the Pokemon Sun and Moon information.

I think what really messes this leak up though is saying that there are 128 new Pokemon and that they intend to reveal all of them before release. We're at what? Around 35-40 right now? November 18th isn't THAT far away.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Neither the Zubat line nor the Dragonite line are getting Alola forms, since we've seen them in their regular forms on the trailers. And from what I heard, the Alola forms have their own page in the Japanese website.

We also seen an arcanine, but arccoding to the real leak, we get a Alolan form of it.

The same can be said for Meowth. Our mother has a Meowth, but in Alola, it has an Alolan form.

Just because we have seen it, means nothing.

Years
    It would be absurd to allow a mega to also use one of these Z-moves. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true because not only would it be overpowered, but it would take away from other Pokemon's chances to have a competitive chance which they completely lack right now. It would keep the same Pokemon who are at the top at the top and that's boring.

The descriptions for dragonite and the zubat line are... interesting:
    https://imgur.com/a/2prF2
    It's actually "Inner Focus" just in case anyone was wondering.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I'm willing to bet that Dragonite and Crobat are getting Megas and not Alolan forms, given we've seen normal Zubat/Golbat used on many occasions, and the Pokédex pages on the site don't seem to reflect any type of Alolan form changes.

... And that new leak seems very fake. What the heck does Ash-Greninja have to do with a rainbow?

Years
    It would be absurd to allow a mega to also use one of these Z-moves. I really hope that doesn't turn out to be true because not only would it be overpowered, but it would take away from other Pokemon's chances to have a competitive chance which they completely lack right now. It would keep the same Pokemon who are at the top at the top and that's boring.

It was mentioned that a Z-Crystal is a held item so that means a Pokemon can only use Z-Moves OR Mega Evolution, not both. Unless if it's Mega Rayquaza since it only needs to know its signature move Dragon Ascent to be able to use the Mega.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    What if alolan forms aren't a region wide thing though? We could have normal ninetales in the feilds, and Ice ninetales in the mountains couldn't we?

Also
    Those people are in the minority, the rest of the players didn't really care.
    If everyone either hates it, or doesn't care, then noone (or VERY FEW people) like it, which is almost as bad.

Years
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking. The normal forms of Pokemon you can find in normal areas and the Alolan forms you can find in very specific areas throughout the region.

Maybe both normal and Alola forms can coexist in the region but are found in specific locations. That could be possible in case if someone doesn't like the Alola form.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Wouldn't the name Alola forms indicate only those forms can be found in Alola, though?

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    One thing that interested me about the leaks is he says the equivalent of "Ash-Greninja" will be revealed at Worlds, see I could very well see that happening since the last time Junichi showed up and released footage we got the Zygarde forms. It makes sense, although I'm hoping for more Alola forms. I'd like to see Ash-Greninja in the game (I have a plush of him heheh) as long as he has nothing to do with Ash, which I can't see them randomly putting Ash in the game anyways, but I want Ash to never have anything to do with the games.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Another new leak by a user named akio, and it's lapping on the PokeBeach leak I posted before (the one mentioning 120+ new Pokémon and 8 legendaries being important to the story):

Spoiler:

What made me not believe this leak is the mention of the NX being a dual set, when it was already confirmed by Nintendo that it's going to be a third piller and not replacing the Wii U nor the 3DS. The leak also contradicts the Chinese leaks that treats Marshadow and the dolphin Pokémon as separate characters.
    Link please :)

Battle Maison return would just be awful, because we know how much people hated it in 6th Gen. No new Megas could be plausible considering the lack of it in promotional material so far, and with Alola Forms and Z-Moves being a thing it's likely Megas are taking a backseat. Speaking of Alola Forms, giving them to only Kanto Pokemon is to me, huge Genwunner fanservice.

I'm surprised that people are surprised by this.... This is Pokemons 20th anniversary so I totally expected only Kanto Pokemon( or their other gen evolution)to get new forms

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Wouldn't the name Alola forms indicate only those forms can be found in Alola, though?

Yeah I'm thinking this will be the case.

They probably expect you to get original Ninetales by either transferring from the 6th gen games (They always have Pokemon you can't get without transferring, how is this different?) or by transferring from the virtual console 1st gen games. (or by getting one from somebody else off the GTS I guess)

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    They probably expect you to get original Ninetales by either transferring from the 6th gen games (They always have Pokemon you can't get without transferring, how is this different?) or by transferring from the virtual console 1st gen games. (or by getting one from somebody else off the GTS I guess)

I heard on the internet that GF wanted to connect Pokémon Go with this new generation in a creative way. Maybe they'll let us have our normal Pokémon by transfering them from Go to S/M. I'm not sure though :/

blue

gucci
    Years
    I presume the option to transfer other Pokemon over to Alola (from XYORAS/eShop RBY) would allow for the normal form of these Pokemon to be obtained through that method. The way to get the Alola form of specific Pokemon will probably be to catch them somewhere in Alola. It could be the other way around but I would have thought in order to obtain the Alola form of these Pokemon, you have to capture them when they're native to Alola.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Spoiler:

Looking at the website, it does seem quite peculiar how Zubat and Dragonite have been placed amongst the list of Pokemon. They have been directly placed next to the recently announced Alolan Raichu, Meowth, and Marowak but I can't really think of any other reason why they would be listed up there in that way. We've seen a handful of existing Pokemon from trailers, yet none of them are listed on the website? Idk.. it seems like this could be a foreshadowing of what is to come for those two and how they could be due to receive an Alolan form each.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back