• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Bit late, but in case you're curious about some endangered/extinct island bats, look no further than New Zealand:
    The long-tailed bat, known for an odd flight pattern. The Maori associate it with hokioi, a mythical bird of the night.
    The lesser short-tailed bat is a very important pollinator, the exclusive host for the NZ bat-fly, and has three distinct sub-species.
    The greater short-tailed bat is presumed extinct. They were slow fliers but could tuck their wings into pockets on their sides, allowing them to run quickly.

If you were to make some crazy form of zubat the greater short-tailed bat seems like the more likely candidate. The lesser short-tailed bat fits the ecological niche of the game, though seems more a candidate for a new pkmn than an existing one. If they were shooting for a mega, the long-tailed bat seems most likely (with major artistic liberties applied).

However, the most likely reason zubat and dragonite are listed is because they are simply just found in the islands. No special forms, etc.; just normal species. Be funny if zubats were introduced and they're trying to get rid of them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I would've thought differently; this seems like kind of a pain to go through just to get a normal form of a Pokemon...

It isn't any more of a pain than obtaining a Yamask in X or Y.

Also, how is it a "pain" to open up the GTS and trade for an old Vulpix? If you don't want to transfer the old Vulpix from gen 6 then somebody else will do it for you.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    do you mean i actually have to go online and find someone who's willing to trade a vulpix for something that's not a legendary or for some other ridiculous request? you're giving the GTS too much credit :P

You're telling me that it's difficult to breed a starter (or some other rare or popular Pokemon, like Eevee) and then upload it to the GTS and ask for an old Vulpix?

Right....

(I never had any problems trading on the GTS for Pokemon that were unobtainable in X & Y)

X & Y had Pokemon that were unobtainable without transferring, it's not that much of a stretch to say the same might be true for the old forms of Alolan Pokemon. (I mean you can't even get all of the Sawsbuck forms without transferring now)

Why is transferring such an issue anyway? Poke Bank probably makes the whole process easy as pie now. You don't have to play mini-games or anything, and you can transfer whole boxes at once.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    No? My only issue lies with obtaining a Pokemon's standard form, not the Alola form, and that alone. Obviously there are things that you'd have to trade for, and my gripe is that a Pokemon's standard/non-Alola form shouldn't have to be one of them.

But why not? They're separate Pokémon in everything but name. Different types, different designs, different abilities. Don't think of them as the same Pokémon, because they're just not.

This is why I don't care for these Alolan forms. They should have just made entirely new Pokémon and hinted in their Dex entries or somewhere else that they descended from Kanto native Pokémon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It's kind of annoying if I have to resort to the GTS or even Pokebank to transfer.

That's something we already have to do though. Particularly when X & Y were first released.

I thought it was pretty obvious that "Alola Form" meant that was just what the Pokemon looked like when found in Alola. Like how you only find West Shellos on the west side of Sinnoh and East Shellos on the east side of Sinnoh. (except more extreme because it's a whole region)

I'm not saying there won't be a Safari Zone to catch their original forms, but that could easily end up being a post-game thing so that the focus is on the Alolan versions during the story.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I just think if both the original and Alola form of a Pokémon are obtainable in the same region, that kind of defeats the point of them being "Alola forms" or "regional differences." I assumed people were excited about Alola forms because it makes sense for a Pokémon to develop in accordance to its surroundings, so unless they want to fill the regional PokéDex with the same Pokémon just in a bunch of different forms, I'd think only the Alola forms would be available in Alola. Otherwise, why call them "Alola forms" at all? Just call them "Snow Vulpix" and "Igloo Sandslash" or something if you can only find them in the one area and the rest of the region has their regular version.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    Do you consider Megas separate Pokemon, as well? Actual genuine question here, because I don't (to an extent). To me, it's a form change of the same Pokemon that shouldn't be more difficult to get just because it's a different region.

I don't see Megas as separate Pokémon, no.
    But there are some key differences. Megas are temporary, and they don't get Dex entries.
    Alola's regional variant Pokémon have changed permanently because of (real-world, Darwinian) evolution, and they're going to have separate Dex entries.

They're like the pikaclones to me, but apparently more closely related.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Actually, I disagree. Why is it that Alola forms can't be catchable in a specific part of the region and have the regular, non-Alola forms be obtainable in other parts? Why does that exactly defeat the purpose of Alola forms in particular? There's an argument to be made that yes, Alola forms are basically Pokemon that have adapted to the region, but I feel it's much more than that. What if it is possible to catch the non-Alola forms of Vuplix, non-Alola Meowth, non-Alola Sandshrew and non-Alola Cubone (assuming Cubone gets one like Marowak does)? It's going to be a real bummer if I really have to turn to the GTS/Pokebank for Pokemon that should be able to be found in at least some area of the region.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting non-Alola forms to be abundant, because that would defeat the purpose. I'm hoping there's at least an exclusive area or two where it would be possible to do the such.

Because then the regional PokéDex is filled with fewer Pokémon, just of different forms. You also run the risk of the gen 1-pandering being even more apparent this way. "Of all the Pokémon to be found on the icy mountain, they're all naturally Ice-Types except the few lucky gen 1 guys who stuck around long enough to become an Ice-Type themselves. But if you don't like their Ice-Type version, you can find their regular version elsewhere, instead of some other similarly-appropriate Pokémon."

Basically, if Alola forms are all of Kanto Pokémon because "gen 1 VC transfer capabilities," there should be no reason to fill the rest of the region with their regular counterparts. Instead they should fill the region with Pokémon who weren't so lucky to get chosen to have this form change applied to them.

And even if, through some miracle, they're not all Kanto Pokémon, I'd still rather see a regional PokéDex with different Pokémon, rather than the same Pokémon in different forms. Not only to have a diverse PokéDex but also to not take away from the focus on Alola forms.

I mean, I can't personally relate to this anti-transfer anti-GTS sentiment because PokéBank makes everything mindlessly easy nowadays, but I don't see how trading or transferring for older Pokémon is bad now all of a sudden when it has always been an aspect of the newer games.

Mis

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    I think they do this to get people to buy the older games. I like the new typing of Vulpix... It gives me a reason to bother to reraise one.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I literally just read up on this 4 post-game islands rumour about 5 minutes ago and I'd be so down for this. Having an extra 4 islands on top of the existing 4 would just be insane!

(Source)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I literally just read up on this 4 post-game islands rumour about 5 minutes ago and I'd be so down for this. Having an extra 4 islands on top of the existing 4 would just be insane!

(Source)

That's the same rumor I found yesterday, and I've already explained why it's false. -_-

Years
    I don't believe the Rainbow Greninja rumor because while I know Greninja is Japan's most popular Pokemon (at least according to a recent poll where the winning Pokemon got an event distribution) that had levels of popularity that dethroned even Pikachu, I feel giving Greninja a form like this is giving it way too much special treatment, as if Ash Greninja wasn't already enough special treatment.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Also I have no idea why they'd call it Rainbow Greninja...
    Greninja Pride Festival?

Why not have regional Greninja based off this:

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Give it different spots, and I've always loved the look of these frogs since I was a kid. It's unfortunate they're poisonous because I'd totally get one as a pet based on the patterns alone. Make a Greninja with rainbow colors like this, and they got me on day one. I'm serious.

And if they have different colors/types based on the island, even better!

I just think if both the original and Alola form of a Pokémon are obtainable in the same region, that kind of defeats the point of them being "Alola forms" or "regional differences." I assumed people were excited about Alola forms because it makes sense for a Pokémon to develop in accordance to its surroundings, so unless they want to fill the regional PokéDex with the same Pokémon just in a bunch of different forms, I'd think only the Alola forms would be available in Alola. Otherwise, why call them "Alola forms" at all? Just call them "Snow Vulpix" and "Igloo Sandslash" or something if you can only find them in the one area and the rest of the region has their regular version.

Invasive species much?

Having Pokemon from another region, this being a game based on conservation issues since much of the Pokemon are based on endangered or extinct creatures, having foreign Pokemon leaking out into the wild to wreak havoc is a natural concept. Like how there are rats everywhere because of ships, or how Kudzu was brought into the South and becmae dominant. In a place without predators to compete, they'll grow insanely, and adapt accordingly if need be.

Now if you can breed both variations and have an Ice/Fire Vulpix with the look of one and the color of the other.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    "Meowth that knows "Happy Hour" and OT Alola will be distributed at World's. Cherish Ball."

So... they're predicting something that's going to happen next year? Because I assume it's an Alola Meowth and we can only get that on Sun and Moon, which isn't out in time for this weekend, and they already confirmed that no Pokemon in-game or for Pokemon Go are going to spawn at Worlds, which is closed to the public.

I can believe revealing something, but distributing something, when they already said they weren't?

Years
    "Meowth that knows "Happy Hour" and OT Alola will be distributed at World's. Cherish Ball."

So... they're predicting something that's going to happen next year? Because I assume it's an Alola Meowth and we can only get that on Sun and Moon, which isn't out in time for this weekend, and they already confirmed that no Pokemon in-game or for Pokemon Go are going to spawn at Worlds, which is closed to the public.

I can believe revealing something, but distributing something, when they already said they weren't?

I definitely see the leak as likely fake, since I think a Meowth event like that I feel should be distributed when 7th Gen is already out. The fact that the World Championships this year is too small to allow the general public also pretty much is likely why there will be no event distributions present.

That said, I am looking forward to find out what event will launch 7th Gen since 6th Gen's launch event was the Speed Boost Torchic that came with the Blazikenite.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    That said, I am looking forward to find out what event will launch 7th Gen since 6th Gen's launch event was the Speed Boost Torchic that came with the Blazikenite.
    I've seen it suggested that Ash-Greninja (probably with a more suitable name) could be the early game distribution, assuming it's in the game (which it probably is).

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Ash Greninja will be in the game. There's no doubt. They might change its name like they did with "Awakened Mewtwo." But the design itself will definitely be in the game.

What I wonder though is if it's just Greninja that has a Z move activated synchro form or if there are more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back