• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Spoiler:

Leak #4 (Real Leaks leak) got even more credibility since it did mention more than one form for Rockruff's evolution, and we specifically got two, one based on the daytime and one for night. They also have a noticeable werewolf-like appearance so I guess they got that right too. Now the question if that leak can accurately predict the starters' final evolutions having Day and Night forms as well.

I wouldn't say "more than one" = 2. It doesn't sound credible it sounds like a shot in the dark :c.

It seems like the starters have a secret at least related to evolution. I can see it being either synchro evolution or actual split evolutions of some sort (or both), and not much else.

Please god no.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Spoiler:

Saw this discussion over at /vp/ and I thought I'd see what you guys think? Some people believe that the recent scan debunks the starter leak as the design of Ash's cap doesn't match up.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Mallow is still in the artwork so that definitely gives it some credbility. Maybe the design of Ash was either a rough draft or some sort of beta design?

Years
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Mallow is still in the artwork so that definitely gives it some credbility. Maybe the design of Ash was either a rough draft or some sort of beta design?

I agree it could have been a beta design that got changed at a later point.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    4Chan is at it again, and they're now all debating on whether Rockruff and the starters have a common secret, or if Rockruff's secret and the starters' one are different ones

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

What do you think about that? Is their translation true to begin with?
    I stand by Joe Merrick saying they all share it.

Spoiler:

Saw this discussion over at /vp/ and I thought I'd see what you guys think? Some people believe that the recent scan debunks the starter leak as the design of Ash's cap doesn't match up.

This is hard to say anything on. The image is slightly blurred and zoomed out, and Ash is drawn smaller. Therefore it leads it to look wrong but the hat might not be.

However regardless of that, the existence of Mallow and takedown notices sort of over rate that and add credibility.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    The hat in the leak looks exactly like his Kalos hat, so they could have just not had it designed yet at that point.

Exactly. It could just be to show the characters in perspective with the Pokemon.

I mean, I want them to be fake, but I don't think this is enough to disprove them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Because Mallow is destined to appear early on in the anime, they had to design her very early. But starter evolutions don't need to appear right away, so they can be finalized a little later. This goes back to what I said a bit before: there is a chance--maybe a slim one, but a chance--that some of these starter evo concept arts are of alpha/beta-level brainstorming. They already had Mallow designed because she needed to be designed earlier, and they just wanted to put her in this concept piece for size reference and setting the scene. Ash's hat being wrong lends credibility to the idea that at the very least, these are super-early concept works, because changing the design of Ash's hat in the anime is minor enough that they could do it a little later (then again, his entire outfit looks wrong but since it's just an outfit change that could also be done later, lending even more credibility to the idea that these works were made very early on).

If they're real, though, and we do get day/night-based split evolutions, I hope they're the nighttime evolutions and we can get a quadruped tiger for Litten, a... less entertainer-seal(???) for Popplio, and a burrowing owl (?!) for Rowlett. If they turn out to be the daytime ones then I'm fine with that, too. Just...

Please Litten. Please stay on all fours.

Please...

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really want Litten's final evolution to be on all fours, it is a cat after all! The idea of a bipedal tiger or whatever it evolves into just doesn't sit right with me. I suppose the idea of split evolutions would possibly make it more likely if one is bipedal whilst the other is quadruped.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    At this point, I believe there is split evos for the starters. Corocoro stated that Rockruff and the starters all have a secret. Keep in mind, Corocoro also hyped up Rockruff's so called "secret". If it can evolve depending on the day and nighttime, then it makes sense for the starters to share that secret too( or at least to me). I don't understand why people think Gamefreak wouldn't implement such a feature. It's not that complicated and the Day and Night clock system should be a clear indication that Gamefreak would most likely do something like this.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I also believe that the starters have split evos based on day or night and I think all the ones shown are Night Forms as, to me, they scream night time. From what we know, Night and Day play a massive role in the games so giving the starters the same feature makes sense.

And honestly, you can't really believe anything on 4Chan, mostly every single thing posted there has be debunked.

Years
    The leak sheet has been updated after today's CoroCoro
    Spoiler:

It's such a huge twist that one of the Big Four leaks got debunked entirely with the CoroCoro release of today. So far the Chinese leak seems to have not gotten anything wrong so far, unlike the "real leaks" leak which did get Alolan Ninetales and the Alolan Rattata line's typing slightly wrong. And of course, Alolan Abra and Growlithe lines getting debunked as well.

I also believe Alolan Butterfree might be debunked as well since Butterfree appears in the PokeFinder official art, in its normal form.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They will be formes, as Rockruff has permanent formes (think Wormadam) instead of evolutions.

I can see Litten being a cat, and being on all fours like Rockruff.

As for the anime artwork, it's important to keep in mind that the thing is concept art, and we got it months ago. Concept art from that early is bound to change. It's possible that some small details in the starters final evos (whatever forme they might be) were also changed.

I think that the starters we've seen might be the night formes. Since they all strike me as night related. Sirens can be connected with singing under the moonlight.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    The leak sheet has been updated after today's CoroCoro
    Spoiler:
    There's still something I don't quite understand with the split evos leak... It also mentions pre-gen 5 typings and that breeding cat, both mentioned by the "Real leaks"/Bewear leak. How did it get those things right?

Years
    There's still something I don't quite understand with the split evos leak... It also mentions pre-gen 5 typings and that breeding cat, both mentioned by the "Real leaks"/Bewear leak. How did it get those things right?

It's an interesting point. I thought maybe it would have come after the other leaks, but it was actually posted several days earlier. I'm wondering if this person maybe had a really unfinished/rough copy and/or purposely threw in wrong things so they wouldn't get caught. Very hard to know though :(

On a side note; it seems that Rockruff's day evolution is quadrupedal while the nighttime is bipedal and based off of a human form - I'm wondering if the starters also have split evolutionary paths similar to this - more animal-like evolutions during the day time (similar to the first few gen's starters), with more human-like evolutions at night time (similar to more recent gens like Greninja, Delphox, etc.). I realize there isn't a whole lot tying that theory together, but if they have split evolutions like Rockruff does it might be fun to think about.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Speaking of Rockruff evos. I am left wondering... are these two Rockruff's final evolutions? Something about them remind me of middle evolutions of Pokemon such as the starters. Perhaps Rockruff has another evolution.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back