• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    We're getting CoroCoro soon, correct? Then the next bit of news on the 14th. Constant barrage.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It's from Coro Coro which means it'd be its Japanese name, not its English name, and the Japanese names all end in skin (freeze/fairy/sky skin) so yes, it does fit the theme.

Still don't see how it's any different to someone claiming that their leaked news will be in a trailer revealed on a certain date.

So I guess the English name would be something like Pugilate. Somehow only the English version don't use the skin theme.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    So I guess the English name would be something like Pugilate. Somehow only the English version don't use the skin theme.

Idk it just depends what prefix they decide to use (if these leaks are real, which I don't think they are). I mean like Refrigerate could have easily been called Glaciate. It just depends.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Obviously fake but still funny.

Years
    I think that the reason why Refrigerate wasn't called Glaciate is because Glaciate is the name of Kyurem's signature move. But I was also wondering what time in EST CoroCoro leaked the latest.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    With the new CoroCoro scans, what rumours/leaks are now proven false?

Also, CoroCoro says that it will show the true strength of the new Pokémon, Type: Null, during its next issue.
    Any ideas on what it is? I think this is the Pokémon that can change its second type on demand, like some leaks mentioned.

Years
    Spoiler:

Leak #4 (Real Leaks leak) got even more credibility since it did mention more than one form for Rockruff's evolution, and we specifically got two, one based on the daytime and one for night. They also have a noticeable werewolf-like appearance so I guess they got that right too. Now the question if that leak can accurately predict the starters' final evolutions having Day and Night forms as well.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
    4Chan is at it again, and they're now all debating on whether Rockruff and the starters have a common secret, or if Rockruff's secret and the starters' one are different ones

What do you think about that? Is their translation true to begin with?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I hope the starter evolutions have day/night forms, tbh.

Didn't they say the four Pokemon , the starters and Rockruff, have something all in common? What if the "fake"leaks of the final starters are the alternate versions of the more recent [to be legit] final evos?

Either way, this will be cool.

Obviously fake but still funny.

So.....

1. DS Graphics as screenshot.
    2. Phione in the left corner.
    3. Obviously photoshopped Rockruff as Lucario is obvious.
    I seen better fakes made by Americans than this. This reminds me of the bootleg toy posters or boxes I seen for popular shows. All it needs is crazy Engrish and it'd be comedy gold.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Well, if Rockruff has two evolutions for day and night time and CoroCoro said Rockruff and the starters share the same secret, does it mean the starters will get 2 final evolutions depending on the time of the day as well?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Japanese as a language can be fairly vague so it could go either way.

I'm just thinking, what other secret could they have to begin with? If Rockruff having split evolutions based on day or night was such a big secret (I mean, this has happened in the past, if you wanna be technical) I can't imagine the starters would have anything more extravagant?

So while you could translate it that "the starters also have a secret (which isn't the same secret)" I think it's way more likely that their secret is related.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Spoiler:

Leak #4 (Real Leaks leak) got even more credibility since it did mention more than one form for Rockruff's evolution, and we specifically got two, one based on the daytime and one for night. They also have a noticeable werewolf-like appearance so I guess they got that right too. Now the question if that leak can accurately predict the starters' final evolutions having Day and Night forms as well.

We can also debunk the multiple Rockruff evolutions leak from the 3rd leak.

Years
    It seems like the starters have a secret at least related to evolution. I can see it being either synchro evolution or actual split evolutions of some sort (or both), and not much else.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So if Rockruff's secret was that it has a split evolution, and the games put heavy emphasis on the whole night and day theme, then it is entirely possible then, that the starters would have split evolutions, as well? :o

That's what I'm thinking.

I mean, I'm of the "please no fuse-with-your-Pokémon" group so I will stealthily pretend it is not an option...

Otherwise, I can't think of what other "secret" they'd have that isn't a total let-down. I get that Z-Moves are a "new thing," but the gen 6 starters had their own exclusive signature moves. So if the starters' secret is that "they have their own Z-Moves," it's just kind of boring... Then adding that it's not exclusive to the starters, since at least Raichu and Snorlax have their own, and it becomes even less exciting.

Whereas starters getting split evolutions, that would be pretty huge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back