• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I find it really hard to believe leaks that start with "I don't care if you don't believe me.....so there!". It's always so defensive and I figure if somebody had real information that they were leaking they probably wouldn't be feeling that defensive in the first place.

Has a leak like that ever actually been true?

blue

gucci
    Years
    So that leak contradicts another leak in regards to the Gyms making this subject all the more confusing. I've avoided reading the bulk of these leaks on the chance that one of them could be true, but with conflicting points it is hard to say whether Gyms will be returning or not now..

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

> Why would they release a demo to Gym 2? They'd either keep the same formula as last time (aka, random Demo) or do to Gym 1.

> Camerupt in the second Gym? Naaaawh.

> Hoppop drawing is the same as other 'leaked' drawings, but the other evos aren't.

> Rockruff gaining the normal type seems hella unlikely.

And finally, I think that considering Nintendos previous qualms about what you can and can't name your pokemon - I don't think they'd introduce one that sounds like "smoke a lot".

I'm so cynical but really I just don't want a pokemon called Cowleaf.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    That new "Keaheat" actually looks really nice, but looking at the drawings of the starters' middle evos I think I am starting to see a connection to the final evos' concept art that has been floating around for a while. "Hoppop" definitely looks the closest in design to its supposed final evo, and while I can't seem to make as big of a connection to the other two I do notice "Smokelote" has whiskers that are starting to become around the length of its supposed final evo. "Cowleaf" I think seems to cover its face like a hood, maybe hinting to the hood that its final evo develops.

Oh, and it appears someone commented this on the final evos' concept art - "confirmed :-("

No wonder I believed that art was real even when people tried correcting me into thinking it was a fake.
    Not saying those final forms are fake or anything, but others "leaks" which suggest they're real without explicitly referring to them is not confirmation. It isn't even supporting evidence. It's jumping on the bandwagon to make their "leak" seem more plausible (since everyone believes them right now). It's a very common tactic, "leakers" always do these overlaps and I'm surprised people are taking them as evidence at all. Don't you notice how the only "leaks" getting attention right now are the ones MYSTERIOUSLY linking to those final forms? People want others to pay attention to their leaks. The more vague about it they are, the less it seems like they forced it and the less likely people are to say what I'm saying right now. But 99% of the time they just want the attention of people saying "maybe" by throwing these things in. At no moment should you take that as even a hint that those evos are real.

It's pretty obvious that those middle forms are similar to the "leaked" final forms. It's not a coincidence, but that doesn't mean it is confirmation.

Last edited:
    Years
    Not saying those final forms are fake or anything, but others "leaks" which suggest they're real without explicitly referring to them is not confirmation. It isn't even supporting evidence. It's jumping on the bandwagon to make their "leak" seem more plausible (since everyone believes them right now). It's a very common tactic, "leakers" always do these overlaps and I'm surprised people are taking them as evidence at all. Don't you notice how the only "leaks" getting attention right now are the ones MYSTERIOUSLY linking to those final forms? People want others to pay attention to their leaks. The more vague about it they are, the less it seems like they forced it and the less likely people are to say what I'm saying right now. But 99% of the time they just want the attention of people saying "maybe" by throwing these things in. At no moment should you take that as even a hint that those evos are real.

It's pretty obvious that those middle forms are similar to the "leaked" final forms. It's not a coincidence, but that doesn't mean it is confirmation.

Like you said, we shall take this all with a grain of salt since none of the stuff mentioned may be real until revealed by official sources.

Years
    I do know Im not supposed to go off topic, but i couldnt find a help post and FAQ didnt say. So i was wondering how i can make a post, i couldnt find anything, maybe its because im using a phone and not pc, i figured a lot of experienced people are here, so im gonna ask if anyone can explain how to make a post (like new discussion topic, not comment), thanks and sorry for breaking a rule and i had no choice to be honest.

Last edited:

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    The thing that tips me off is that I have no idea why you would be getting a Mega Stone shortly after the first gym, especially for a Pokemon that, as a starter Pokemon from a previous generation, likely is unobtainable in Sun & Moon without transferring.

Mentioning 67 speed at lv18 also tips me off.....Ninjask is base 160 Speed and reaches 68 speed with a neutral nature, 0 EVs, and 31 Speed IV at lv18 (theoretically), so accounting for the less than perfect speed IV, possible speed EVs, and nature, this would mean that Litten's "evolution" is base 130+ speed at its second stage, which sounds stupid. The final evolution of starters range from 525-535 BST, so having a stat of 140+ in a single stat sounds unlikely. Starter stat distribution in general tends to be fairly vanilla. Greninja and Sceptile were pushing the boundaries of a somewhat balanced stat spread already, I can't see GF making a starter even more of an extreme glass cannon than those two.

I'm of the opinion the 4chan "leaks" are fake.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I do know Im not supposed to go off topic, but i couldnt find a help post and FAQ didnt say. So i was wondering how i can make a post, i couldnt find anything, maybe its because im using a phone and not pc, i figured a lot of experienced people are here, so im gonna ask if anyone can explain how to make a post (like new discussion topic, not comment), thanks and sorry for breaking a rule and i had no choice to be honest.

At the top of the section you're wanting to post the new topic in there should be a "New thread" button. That will take you to a page where you can create a new discussion. (:

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    The thing that tips me off is that I have no idea why you would be getting a Mega Stone shortly after the first gym, especially for a Pokemon that, as a starter Pokemon from a previous generation, likely is unobtainable in Sun & Moon without transferring.
    Did you just skip X and Y or something? You literally get a mega stone shortly after the first gym, of a starter Pokemon from a previous generation. Literally the exact thing you're saying is so unlikely happens.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
    Did you just skip X and Y or something? You literally get a mega stone shortly after the first gym, of a starter Pokemon from a previous generation. Literally the exact thing you're saying is so unlikely happens.

Fair enough, though you can cut the passive aggressiveness, no need to get mad over someone being wrong on the internet about a video game. The difference is that you get the Mega Stone of a Pokemon obtainable within the game, whereas there's no mention of getting a Fennekin as a second starter. I don't see a reason why you would get one for a Pokemon you can't get that early during the storyline.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    Fair enough, though you can cut the passive aggressiveness, no need to get mad over someone being wrong on the internet about a video game. The difference is that you get the Mega Stone of a Pokemon obtainable within the game, whereas there's no mention of getting a Fennekin as a second starter. I don't see a reason why you would get one for a Pokemon you can't get that early during the storyline.
    I wasn't being passive aggressive nor was I mad.

If you get a Delphoxite at some point, I think it's extremely likely you have access to a Fennekin at some point or another. You could have just gotten the stone sooner for plot convenience.

Years
    If I remember correctly, in X and Y's demo, you could choose which language the gameplay should be in. I think that leak might be fake because of what was said since all languages must be developed simultaneously.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If I remember correctly, in X and Y's demo, you could choose which language the gameplay should be in. I think that leak might be fake because of what was said since all languages must be developed simultaneously.

That and there isn't much difference between European English and American English in video games outside of a few choice spelling differences.

Going to add something, I want to point out, ANY "leak" that says Oh I beta tested/I got my hands of the demo is 90% chance of being fake. Why? Gamefreak does -not- outsource testers. All testing is done in house by Gamefreak employees and occasionally TPCi employees. Likewise Demos, pre official demo launch, are only available to TPCi and Gamefreak staff. They do not hand them out freely. If a rando from the internet got their hands on a demo, that means a staff member uploaded it or lost it and will more than likely lose their jobs because of this.

Anyone with a Demo, like the Tree House staff from E3, have their names recorded, are forced to sign non-disclosure agreements, and can be asked upon at any time to present their copies back to the developers. If there is anything funny about their copy, i.e. It has been tampered with to make copies or if anything seemed off about the copy they had, that person would serve jail time.

Anyone that says they are a beta tester ask them to post the serial code for the copy they have as well as a copy of their DMCA with their signature on it to verify that they are legit. That is the only way to see if a leak is 100% legit and that the tester is actually risking their jobs as well as lively hood to spoil game info. If they refuse or say that there aren't any, then they are most likely lying. Claiming second hand source, they can provide the exact same info as the direct leaker.

If there are leaks posted before hand and discovered in hindsight, then they also need a time stamp. This is the biggest thing against the Chinese Leak which some believe to be real and some believe to have been debunked with the newest trailer and newest surge of conflicting rumors. The Chinese leak had screen shots with no time stamps to show that they were posted before a specific date. This is something that is easily faked as a hindsight discovery.

The one successful leak we've had this go round was the reveal of Drampa, Topu Koko, Charjabug, Togedemaru, Bruxish, and company. This guy pulled the videos straight from the main website where he found them. No fancy, I worked for/got fired/beta tested/played the demo story.

Outside of this, there is a chance for another leak soon as the Volcanion and Magearna movie is about to air, and like last time, we could have new Pokemon appear like Squishy and Trevenant did. Let's hold 4chan leaks where they ought to be. 10-20% believability. Like what you like but do not assume that any of what is said is actually real. Some of them are very creative, others are knocked out of the park odd. Do not take any of them seriously or to heart. Look at them skeptically and just enjoy the ideas of what could be.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What about the Pokebeach leaks for X and Y? Most of the details were correct there.
    Which one in particular are you talking about? The Greninja/Hawlucha one?

Oh the one from May. That guy followed part of the citeria I posted though not exactly as I stated
    Anyone that says they are a beta tester ask them to post the serial code for the copy they have as well as a copy of their DMCA with their signature on it to verify that they are legit. That is the only way to see if a leak is 100% legit and that the tester is actually risking their jobs as well as lively hood to spoil game info.

He gave Pokebeach enough credentials to satisfy them so they accepted the leaks. Please note though there was a lot of wrong information in those leaks as well.

They stated a different Professor was in the game that Sycamore and that there were only 2 rivals. More than one "Dual Typed attack" was stated to exist, which we know is wrong. Same leaker still stating second Gym was Fairy Type and fourth was Fighting, and Starter final typing were messed up but listed as a "Correction". Now a lot of these appeared to be intentional or misinterpreted.

This guy hasn't returned yet though and no other person claiming similar intel can provide substantial proof of their link to GF or TPCi. The other major leaker, the one who got Black and White has been relatively silent as well.

Barring /vp/'s normal rate of "Leaks" We'll probably get a new "Starter Evolutions leak!!!" with new images, concept art and the whole shebang in another month if we don't get actual reveals.
    I'm quite happy my friends are not jumping on this bandwagon like they did during black and white or this would become quite messy.

Additional side note, the guy above was hindsight reveal with timestamp. Each different leak was given specific dates and confirmed by nearly every coro coro that followed is very small segments. None of the leaks thus far match this quality.

Last edited:
    Years
    If you get a Delphoxite at some point, I think it's extremely likely you have access to a Fennekin at some point or another. You could have just gotten the stone sooner for plot convenience.

Maybe it could be an indication of the Kalos starters being present in the Alola Dex (since Kalos is known to have relations to Alola due to Zygarde) and you might end up obtaining a Kalos starter at some point with the new Mega Stone. Kanto starters were obtainable with their Mega Stones in X/Y so maybe they're doing something to that again.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    Maybe it could be an indication of the Kalos starters being present in the Alola Dex (since Kalos is known to have relations to Alola due to Zygarde) and you might end up obtaining a Kalos starter at some point with the new Mega Stone. Kanto starters were obtainable with their Mega Stones in X/Y so maybe they're doing something to that again.
    That's what I was alluding to, though the G/S starters seem more likely due to all of the parallels that have been going on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Another set of leaks from 4chan popped up today:

Spoiler:

The thread is currently active, I could link you guys to it if it's allowed.

Why did the leaker say that the Rockruff line "Remains" Normal/Rock? Hmm? Rockruff is a pure rock type... Also, it should've been Rock/Normal, not Normal/Rock if it gained the normal type. Something is up...

Years
    Why did the leaker say that the Rockruff line "Remains" Normal/Rock? Hmm? Rockruff is a pure rock type... Also, it should've been Rock/Normal, not Normal/Rock if it gained the normal type. Something is up...

We have had a Pokemon that changed primary type (Togetic/Togekiss going from Normal/Flying to Fairy/Flying, as well as Fletchling going from Normal/Flying to Fire/Flying when it evolves) but other than that it's usually the secondary type that changes, so I can see where you're going here. Doesn't help that the leak is from the usually unreliable and untrustworthy 4chan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back