• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    I can't take Ash's appearance in Sun/Moon anime seriously (he just finished a badass arc in the newest episode). I'll just assume the new Ash in Alola is from another parallel universe or so... At a certain point I just hope that they'll use a new main character instead since they went through big risk on the drastic change on Ash, but that's just me.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I can't take Ash's appearance in Sun/Moon anime seriously (he just finished a badass arc in the newest episode). I'll just assume the new Ash in Alola is from another parallel universe or so... At a certain point I just hope that they'll use a new main character instead since they went through big risk on the drastic change on Ash, but that's just me.
    indeed.
    i'm hoping ash dies in the first episode

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years

I don't know, Digimon fans praised the return of the original cast in the recent series, so removing Ash wouldn't be such a good idea.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I don't know, Digimon fans praised the return of the original cast in the recent series, so removing Ash wouldn't be such a good idea.
    theres a good bit of difference and its the same reason why no one gets sick of red coming back in the adventure/special manga: their not always there.
    the adventure 01 cast really hasn't been the main characters in digimon for years and all but kari & tk fell into support roles in 02.
    the same thing go's with red, blue green & yellow in the pokemon manga only the manga works more like how the pokemon anime should have with the characters aging and with a good story flow and the old mains not always being the focus.

if you eat the same thing every day, you'll eventually get sick of it. the same thing go's with long lived series, if you keep the same mains continuously as the focus people will get sick of them. that's why most of the best series either end with 12-55 episodes or shifts the focus off of the mains a lot (like one piece)

Years
    So this leak says split evolutions are version exclusives. I don't think that part is true since Lugarugan (Rockruff evo) evolves into either form based on time of day and not based on version.

Pyukumuku not having an evolution line would be very disappointing, especially considering it'll be a waste of its ability's usefulness.

Jangmo-o being the pseudo-legend I am comfortable with, since they tend to be Dragon-types. Gaining a Fighting-type will be interesting, considering it's currently the only unused type combination with a 4x Fairy weakness. That likely won't bode well competitively since Fairy-types tend to dominate the metagame.

Alola Forms having location-based evolution (similar to Leafeon/Glaceon and Probopass/Magnezone) was something I've been thinking may be possible, especially considering Vulpix and the speculation a new evolution method would be used for the Alolan Form since a Fire Stone evolving an Ice-type feels like it won't make any sense.

Marshadow being a Dragon-type in one leak, but mentioned as having a unique typing in another? Definitely very contradicting there.

But if the concept art of the starters' final evos are one of two forms they get, then the question is what the other ones could look like. I really hope my siren Popplio evo can be in Moon (it's planned for my main version of the two) so both me and Entermaid can be pleased.

Solgaleo and Lunala being catchable in both versions does give me Johto vibes though, since the games set in Johto did allow you to catch the opposite mascot in the postgame.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Abstract image attachments leaker says ">Marshadow has an arceus scenario. Its primary typing is just Dragon, but it is compatible with every Z Crystal," but every Pokémon can use any Z-Crystal so I mean

But if if if if if it's true that the split starter evos are a thing and they're version-exclusive and the ones we've seen are the Moon ones then 1. although I want split starter evos I think that's quite a big thing to have version-exclusive and 2. this will be the first time in history that I buy the version with the mascot I like less because I don't think I could allow my Litten to become that thing knowing there's an alternate universe where he could be so much better. Also I prefer Day Rockruff so there's that too... mmmmmmmmmmm

Years
    I feel this leak may be fake, but it's definitely making a lot of us even more conflicted over which version to get if they're doing drastic version exclusive forms like this.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Abstract image attachments leaker says ">Marshadow has an arceus scenario. Its primary typing is just Dragon, but it is compatible with every Z Crystal," but every Pokémon can use any Z-Crystal so I mean
    that's less of an aceues scenario & more of a mew scenario mew(able to use all tms/hms) unless it's form changes upon the z crystal it holds type.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    that's less of an aceues scenario & more of a mew scenario mew(able to use all tms/hms) unless it's form changes upon the z crystal it holds type.

He claimed the secondary Type changed based on Z-Stone held. But the way it was worded made it sound like other Pokémon are limited in which Z-Stones they can use but they're not.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    He claimed the secondary Type changed based on Z-Stone held. But the way it was worded made it sound like other Pokémon are limited in which Z-Stones they can use but they're not.
    actually it depends upon the z-stone.
    Snorlium Z for example can only be used with a snorlax that knows giga impact and let's it use pulverizing pancake, while Electrium Z can let any pokemon that knows an electric type move use gigavolt havok.
    though it would be interesting if there's a pokemon that could use a Snorlium Z & pulverizing pancake as well as any other pokemon specific Z stone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I hope Marshadow is a Water/Psychic Dolphin and not part Dragon. The third trio member has been a Dragon since Gen III... It's going to become even more annoying than having Fire/Fighting starters in a row...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I hadn't read all the things because I didn't see the compiled stuff on imgur. But now's my chance for a thorough analysis. And by thorough I mean just the things that interest me (besides the starters because I already touched on those).

First: it's obvious Marshadow is going to be a Fire/Fighting dolphin Pokémon with the back fins becoming buff legs and the front fins becoming buff arms. This is practically confirmed by the cosmos so that already deconfirms this "leak."

Spoiler:

You're "not familiar with Pokémon" yet you can, with certainty, name off the generations each character is from? At that point you'd at least be able to name them off. Nice job slipping up.

Spoiler:

What "anniversary theme?" So far everything we've seen (and everything these... "totally real" "leaks" base themselves off of) is incredibly geared towards gen 1. I dunno, this guy claims to not know much about Pokémon but then says stuff like this with such certainty...

Spoiler:

Obviously he already admitted he didn't play gen 5 but I wonder how he'd react to the morals presented in those games, along with the very explicitly-mentioned Pokémon abuse and very explicitly-implied child abuse themes they managed to include and still got away with an E rating...

Spoiler:

Oh, now he knows it's Colress. What a relief! And such an intriguing backstory, he was looking for rocks and found a lot in Alola and nowhere else! I think this "Colress" is actually just Steven in disguise, tbh. I think that's what makes him so intriguing.
    Also the Battle Factory "gives us access to" non-Alola Pokémon? I mean technically yes but it's not like we keep them or anything... But you don't actually play Pokémon like you already said so I guess it's okay to make that mistake!
    Hau is a "secondary rival?" Secondary to who? What?
    "Wolfilth." Wolf + filth despite the Pokémon not being based on filth at all... Ooh boy I sincerely hope we get the Rockruff evolution reveal on the 20th with a much better name than that!

Spoiler:

Two trial captains? I assume he means per island but as if his foolishness didn't already give himself away, people have caught onto details on the currently-known Captain's charms that heavily, heavily imply that all four belong to the same island. But for someone who doesn't know all that much about Pokémon it's cute how he tried to make it seem like there are 8 trial captains to correspond to the 8 Gym Leaders in past gens!
    Also I'm preeeeetty sure Alolan Butterfree is deconfirmed at this point, so ...... (sorry to those who wanted one :c)

Just for more fun, here's a comment from The 4Chan in regards to the leaker's claims that he "works for Nintendo:"
    Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back