• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    He's never played Pokemon before, yet he knows the Battle Frontier is not the same as the old ones AND it includes the old frontier brains. Also "World Tour" good one. How would you know what that is and where it came from?

Also the fact that we're supposedly getting new Megas but only the Johto Starter Pokemon screams fake to me, that's the most fan wanted bull there is, it's either there's no new Megas, or there's at least 2 or 3 more than just the Johto starters.

Reactions: Z25

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    News on 20th I'm expecting we'll get (obviously) more details on Rockruff evo. Additionally, if we don't end up getting the starter evolutions revealed I'll be surprised.

Idk I might be in the minority here but I'd rather they focus on Pokemon reveals more than gameplay/story/features (unless the new features are great but so far they bore me)

Years
    I'm really not a fan of Marshadow being the first proper Dolphin Pokemon. I never use legendaries on my team, and as much as I would love to use a Dolphin Pokemon, I'd probably have to pass up on that if it turned out to be true.. :x

I feel the same way too. This is the perfect generation to give us our long-awaited dolphin Pokemon and if it ends up being a legendary it will be less exciting since I mostly try not to use legendaries on my team, at least until the postgame.

Years
    I'm actually surprised this month hasn't had much in terms of new Pokemon, since most reveals this month so far have been plot-related stuff like the Ultra Beasts. I'd imagine they wouldn't want too much spoiled so maybe they'll return to mostly new Pokemon and Alola Forms next week.

Years
    I am hoping for starter middle evos and confirmation of split evolutions on the 20th. I mean, if this rumor is for real that there are version exclusive split evolutions for the starters and GF wants players to buy both versions, you'd expect for the news to be dropped pretty soon in order to encourage pre-orders!

Anyway, here is my little Pearlion I made as a filler for the middle evo. I'd expect only a few add-on's from the final evolution to be featured. I figure the starfish and hair will come later on, and predict a little shell, more frills, alongside the main design add-on of pearls. Wasn't sure about the spike, but I think it makes her look like she has a little dolphin dorsal fin. I hope this ends up closer than the fakes we have been seeing, which tend to overemphasize the second evolution rather than being a bridge to both designs.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Years
    That is nice spriting of a possible Popplio middle evolution there. I know people want stuff regarding the starters to be revealed on Tuesday but something tells me it won't happen.

Oh, and please have Moon version get that beautiful siren Popplio if version exclusive forms for the starters' final evos are confirmed.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Idk I might be in the minority here but I'd rather they focus on Pokemon reveals more than gameplay/story/features (unless the new features are great but so far they bore me)

I agree really. I'm satisfied with what we know about gameplay, story and the region at this point. Any more would feel like it was spoiling too much.

I'm hoping it's mostly Pokemon/Alola Form reveals from here on out....maybe a reveal of one other gameplay feature but not too much more of an emphasis on the story or the region.

Maybe show off some new Mega Evolutions if that's a thing.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well, we still have the starter evos yet to be revealed which usually happens around this time of the year. Regardless of what gets revealed alongside those will probably get nowhere near as much attention as the evos will.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Honestly I'm hoping that happens.

But then the leaks are actually real and we were all fooled

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Maybe the real leaks were the leaks we made along the way...

They're certainly more believable than most "leaks" out there at any rate.

Reactions: Z25

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    It's perfectly possible that they could've introduced new Pokemon as well as Alola forms in conjunction with these announcements... so I'm left a bit confused here, I guess.

Possible, yes, but it wouldn't be effective from a marketing standpoint. They've focused on the plot/characters/Ultra Beasts so heavily with the last few announcements because they want to send the message that these things are really vital and important to the games, and key selling points to the games. If they were to also reveal new Pokémon and Alola forms at the same time, yes there may have been hype, but the hype would be split between the different things they're revealing. It's just a marketing strategy that they're using to make the audience focus on one of the key selling points of the game and build up hype through that one selling point.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    This thread has been archived, but it did mention about the Riddle Leak revealing Lunala's dex number before quickly deleting it.

Spoiler:

So... only 88 Pokémon before we start getting into legendary territory? On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised if we had another particularly small PokéDex, especially considering the pretty big focus on Alola forms. On the other hand I want to imagine we'll get at least closer to 100 new Pokémon this time around... XY's very limited number of new Pokémon didn't do the game any favors, in my opinion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I guess that would mean there would be 90 new Pokemon assuming Lunala is #809, Solgaleo #810 and Marshadow #811. There could be more than that in terms of legendaries, though.

Wouldn't Solgaleo come before Lunala? They always have the mascot legendary from the first version mentioned placed first before the other.

So... only 88 Pokémon before we start getting into legendary territory? On the one hand I wouldn't be surprised if we had another particularly small PokéDex, especially considering the pretty big focus on Alola forms. On the other hand I want to imagine we'll get at least closer to 100 new Pokémon this time around... XY's very limited number of new Pokémon didn't do the game any favors, in my opinion.

Technically, Tapu Koko would've start the legendary territory since it's an Island Guardian. This would debunk any rumors about the number of new Pokémon being around 120. One reason for the small number is so all of the new Pokémon are competitively valuable for the VGC instead of being fillermon, thus debunking colour's argument towards Cerberus that Game Freak doesn't care about competitive battles. Unfortunately, this would also defeat the purpose of the "gotta catch'em all" slogan, which only works if there's more than 100 new Pokémon rather than under 100.

Years
    So what Pinkie is saying that introducing a small amount of new Pokemon is so they can all get some viability spotlight in competitive? I am not liking the idea of that, because if you look at XY's small roster some of the Kalos Pokemon were very gimmicky or had terrible stats/abilities.

I don't want too few new Pokemon again because new Pokemon are a selling point to me, and having not enough of them kills all my hype that I had for the game.

Years
    We all know there's going to be a Pokemon that sucks or is gimmick-based, but we mostly know Game Freak doesn't care much about the competitive scene anyway. The reason me and Angie both want more new Pokemon is because we both see them as the selling point of new generations, and XY fell flat with the new Pokemon because they were often pushed aside due to Mega Evolutions for older Pokemon.

Alola Forms may be another new type of form mechanic to make old Pokemon relevant again, but I don't want them stealing spotlight from the new Pokemon like the Mega Evolutions did. I want a balance between the new Pokemon and Alola Form exposure so that new Pokemon can still have spotlight and not ruin my experience with the game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    In general, Game Freak doesn't care about competitive viability. VGC is not Game Freak's tournament, it is Nintendo's/The Pokemon Company's.

Then why did Game Freak mentioned in one of their older interviews that they pay attention to competitive tournaments to see which Pokémon is being used more often in order to balance their roster? That should imply that they do indeed care about the competitive community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back