• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm not sure I can get behind event legendaries being important to the plot. Well, for starters, 8 is a lot. And second, event legendaries are given away as, well, events. It would be pretty odd to have a Pokémon that's important to the plot be unavailable for capture under normal circumstances. I feel many players would be upset if they were unable to normally catch such a Pokémon.

I wouldn't be against event legendaries kind of "coming with their own plot," though, kind of like how Shaymin opened up the flower path and Darkrai had his own little "episode" with a trip to his island back in gen 4. But to be integral to the main plot itself is really iffy, in my opinion.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm not sure I can get behind event legendaries being important to the plot. Well, for starters, 8 is a lot. And second, event legendaries are given away as, well, events. It would be pretty odd to have a Pokémon that's important to the plot be unavailable for capture under normal circumstances. I feel many players would be upset if they were unable to normally catch such a Pokémon.

I wouldn't be against event legendaries kind of "coming with their own plot," though, kind of like how Shaymin opened up the flower path and Darkrai had his own little "episode" with a trip to his island back in gen 4. But to be integral to the main plot itself is really iffy, in my opinion.

I think it's supposed to read that 8 legendaries are key to the plot and the rest( meaning any other legendaries) are events. 4 guardians plus the 2 cover Pokemon makes 6 the Z Pokemon makes 7

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think it's supposed to read that 8 legendaries are key to the plot and the rest( meaning any other legendaries) are events. 4 guardians plus the 2 cover Pokemon makes 6 the Z Pokemon makes 7

Ah I totally misread that then. Thanks for the clarification!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think it's supposed to read that 8 legendaries are key to the plot and the rest( meaning any other legendaries) are events. 4 guardians plus the 2 cover Pokemon makes 6 the Z Pokemon makes 7
    Could Marshadow be the 8th? It'll make sense if it were, especially if we aren't getting anymore third versions. It'll avoid Zygarde's fate.

Speaking of Zygarde, I think it could be the master of the Four Guardians. Tapu Koko seems to be linked with nature, despite the presence of Zygarde.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So 4chan has caught up with the Riddles leak that was shown to us this morning, but they also got this other leak which originated from either reddit or Bulbapedia. Here's what it's listed as unconfirmed at the moment:

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - Mimikyu, Bruxish, and Togedemaru have no evolutions or pre-evo
    - Rockruff has three evolutions depending on which starter you picked
    - Wimpod is this gen's Gyarados/Milotic and its evo is a mix between Scolipede and Kabutops
    - Cutiefly evolves into a hummingbird moth
    - Salandit has a gender-based split evolution
    - Three Pokémon are based on Rock-Paper-Scissors (not sure if Pyukumyuku is one of them)
    - Lillie plays a big role on Zygarde's part
    - 8 legendaries besides Zygarde are important to the main story; the rest are event legendaries
    - There are 120+ Pokémon
    - Solgaleo and Lunala's abilities are more than just clones of Clear Body and Multiscale

This is also a leak I am more inclined to believe. The legendary pokemon sound about right. Other than Zygarde, we have 8. 4 Guardians, Mascots, and the 2 more legends. Then we will probably have 3 or 4 more event legends. Mainly because Magearna is already revealed, and we will probably have at least 3 more as the generation will likely last 3 years. So 3 movies.

That would give us 4 Guardians, 4 Pokemon to match Mascots (Counting mascots in that 4) . 4 Event Legends. 4 Main Islands.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • So 4chan has caught up with the Riddles leak that was shown to us this morning, but they also got this other leak which originated from either reddit or Bulbapedia. Here's what it's listed as unconfirmed at the moment:

- Drampa has a pre-evo
    - Mimikyu, Bruxish, and Togedemaru have no evolutions or pre-evo
    - Rockruff has three evolutions depending on which starter you picked
    - Wimpod is this gen's Gyarados/Milotic and its evo is a mix between Scolipede and Kabutops
    - Cutiefly evolves into a hummingbird moth
    - Salandit has a gender-based split evolution
    - Three Pokémon are based on Rock-Paper-Scissors (not sure if Pyukumyuku is one of them)
    - Lillie plays a big role on Zygarde's part
    - 8 legendaries besides Zygarde are important to the main story; the rest are event legendaries
    - There are 120+ Pokémon
    - Solgaleo and Lunala's abilities are more than just clones of Clear Body and Multiscale

That's a leak I want to believe! 120+ new Pokémon would be amazing, and a huge change from X/Y!

Rockruff having an evo depending on your starter, do you think that if we transfer all the starters via the Pokébank, we can have all Rockruff's evolutions?

You know, since this manga is official I think it might be. The X-shaped thing under its head also resembles the one seen on the leaked starters' final evolutions concept art.

This has been debunked as the artist Rafi said he drew that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is also a leak I am more inclined to believe. The legendary pokemon sound about right. Other than Zygarde, we have 8. 4 Guardians, Mascots, and the 2 more legends. Then we will probably have 3 or 4 more event legends. Mainly because Magearna is already revealed, and we will probably have at least 3 more as the generation will likely last 3 years. So 3 movies.

That would give us 4 Guardians, 4 Pokemon to match Mascots (Counting mascots in that 4) . 4 Event Legends. 4 Main Islands.

You forgot Marshadow, which makes it 7. Now we need to know who the 8th legendary is, because it's definitely not Zygarde since the leak said "besides" it.

Years
  • That's a leak I want to believe! 120+ new Pokémon would be amazing, and a huge change from X/Y!

Rockruff having an evo depending on your starter, do you think that if we transfer all the starters via the Pokébank, we can have all Rockruff's evolutions?

This has been debunked as the artist Rafi said he drew that.

Since when did he become so good at drawing a manga scan that people believed was real? But if it's fake as you said, he seemed to have done a good job making it so deceptively real.

Also, regarding how Rockruff's evolution could work I agree with Miss Modkahuna Angelica below:

Interesting thought, though I have a feeling it'll probably be in such a way that it'll only the evolution that matches the starter you yourself originally picked, so you couldn't game the system and trade in additional starters which will probably be treated as separate Pokemon entirely.

I agree with her, it will likely depend on the Alola starter you picked at the start, assuming it's that way.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • What I'm hoping is that Rockruff's evolution's secondary type isn't the same as the starter you first picked, or else it'll ruin the type balance in your team. It's preferred that it uses the type of the other starter you didn't pick.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There will probably be a way to get all of the different Rockruff Evos and I doubt it be the same. If anything, it might be like the Pan/Simi Trio. You might be able to catch the different Rockruff Evos in the wild later on in the game. We were able to catch all 3 of the Pans, but they were really really rare in BW.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    There's one problem with rockruff evolving based on the starter you pick, and that's breeding/trading. If you trade a rockruff will the rockruff evolve into the starter you picked, or the starter the OT picked?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    There's one problem with rockruff evolving based on the starter you pick, and that's breeding/trading. If you trade a rockruff will the rockruff evolve into the starter you picked, or the starter the OT picked?
    I would assume the OT's starter since it would have been originally his/her's, but you know what they when you assume

Years
  • Mikewind has a point. Rockruff's evolution will likely come down to the Alola starter picked by the OT - Rowlet, Litten or Popplio.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mikewind has a point. Rockruff's evolution will likely come down to the Alola starter picked by the OT - Rowlet, Litten or Popplio.

So would there be a specific type for each starter? I haven't read the leak myself but I presume Rockruff evolves into a type that corresponds to the type of the starter you choose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back