• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
  • Dragonite was added to the Japanese Sun/Moon website, along with Zubat.
    Do you think it could mean their Alolan forms will be revealed soon?
    (You can check it HERE)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2018
    That would be awesome if they changed Zubat. If not, this feels odd. No need to advertise Zubat, really. "Check it out guys, Zubat's back!" XD

Years
    (You can check it HERE)

I think it could be a sign that they'll have Alola Forms. Hopefully they'll get a good type combination or ability.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Neither the Zubat line nor the Dragonite line are getting Alola forms, since we've seen them in their regular forms on the trailers. And from what I heard, the Alola forms have their own page in the Japanese website.

Sirfetch’d

I really hope this is the case. If Zubat gets an Alola form, Crobat likely will too and that means that Alola forms aren't restricted to gen 1 Pokemon.

/getshopesup

Years
  • I really hope this is the case. If Zubat gets an Alola form, Crobat likely will too and that means that Alola forms aren't restricted to gen 1 Pokemon.

/getshopesup

Pinkie pointed out that Alola Forms get their own separate section so it may not be happening. We haven't seen any member of the Dratini line in the trailers so far, while Team Skull's appearance in both the English and Japanese trailer showed Zubat and Golbat respectively, both of whom were in their normal forms.

Years
  • That's pretty interesting that Dragonite and Zubat were added to the Japanese website. I actually hope the Zubat line gets Alolan forms, since it looks like Team Skull will be using them. Although, in the trailer it showed a regular Zubat in battle.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I wouldn't rely on what was shown in the trailer, as we can get the regular forms by transferring them via the Pokébank, so an Alola form might still be possible.

This is a long shot, but maybe they'll introduce Mega-Evolutions to Sun/Moon with Dragonite? I'd love it ahah

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I wouldn't rely on what was shown in the trailer, as we can get the regular forms by transferring them via the Pokébank, so an Alola form might still be possible.

This is a long shot, but maybe they'll introduce Mega-Evolutions to Sun/Moon with Dragonite? I'd love it ahah

With the game just a few months away, it's pretty safe to assume to this is the final version of the game and we are definitely NOT getting an Alolan form of the Zubat line.

Pretty Wing

きれいなハネ
    Years
  • With the game just a few months away, it's pretty safe to assume to this is the final version of the game and we are definitely NOT getting an Alolan form of the Zubat line.

We haven't seen Crobat? Or the Dratini line? I vaguely remember a Dragonite in one of the trailers, but that's not to say GF were simply not able to reveal an Alolan form at that time.

Cubone hasn't an Alolan form, but Marowak does. So it remains a possibility. I know people are theorising that only Gen I Pokémon will receive these forms, but that isn't confirmed either.

There's no need to disapprove people's speculations/wishes so quickly based on your own deductions, or be so steadfast that things are "definitely" not happening when there's no solid indication otherwise. GF can throw as many curve balls as they like.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Pinkie pointed out that Alola Forms get their own separate section so it may not be happening. We haven't seen any member of the Dratini line in the trailers so far, while Team Skull's appearance in both the English and Japanese trailer showed Zubat and Golbat respectively, both of whom were in their normal forms.

Just to play devils advocate here, but a water type Arcanine was part of the chinese leak wasn't it?

and yet we've already seen footage of regular Arcanine in battle. (It was fighting a rockruff in a trailer that was shown off at some korean tournament I think)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Harder to imagine Alolan Crobat... maybe they'll re-style its wings and re-colour it or something...
    There is an endangered bat they could take reference from. Maybe they could make the wings really large and floral because I dunno, that sounds pretty neat to me. Give it Gale Wings because Crobat's gotta go fast(er than ever).

Just to play devils advocate here, but a water type Arcanine was part of the chinese leak wasn't it?

and yet we've already seen footage of regular Arcanine in battle. (It was fighting a rockruff in a trailer that was shown off at some korean tournament I think)
    I think it's fair to say there's a difference between showing an older Pokémon in a generic battle when compared to showing a Grunt or Admin using a Pokémon in an actual battle that will actually happen in-game.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    (You can check it HERE)

Well that's interesting... I was about to say it could be a glitch or screw-up on behalf of the web designers, but that seems too odd to be a coincidence. Worlds and Gamescom are coming up next week, so I wonder if they're planning reveals for their Alola Formes during those events?

Years
  • Just to play devils advocate here, but a water type Arcanine was part of the chinese leak wasn't it?

I don't know if it was the Chinese leak specifically, but there was a leak that mentioned a possible Water-type Arcanine. And yes, we did see a footage of a normal Arcanine in a trailer, battling against a player's Rockruff.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Another new leak by a user named akio, and it's lapping on the PokeBeach leak I posted before (the one mentioning 120+ new Pokémon and 8 legendaries being important to the story):

Spoiler:

What made me not believe this leak is the mention of the NX being a dual set, when it was already confirmed by Nintendo that it's going to be a third piller and not replacing the Wii U nor the 3DS. The leak also contradicts the Chinese leaks that treats Marshadow and the dolphin Pokémon as separate characters.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I suppose Dragonite getting an Alolan form would be the equivalent of Salamence's mega form assuming the stats are similar. The concept for Alolan Dragonite could potentially be huge, so many typing combinations would work well for it imo.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    The descriptions for dragonite and the zubat line are... interesting:
    https://imgur.com/a/2prF2

Also about the new leak:
    "These Alolan forms are all Gen 1 exclusive Pokémon. " NO
    "These include Greninja (Rainbow)" UGH No greninja forms PLZ
    "There aren't any new Mega Evolutions." Don't you dare ruin my S/M hype!
    "Marshadow's second type is random" That sounds really hard to build a strategy around.
    "Battle Maison" No, why
    "TPC intends to reveal all of the Gen 7 Pokémon (excluding the legends) before launch." Stop it
    "Rainbow Greninja is technically Ash Greninja" Why ;_;
    Least favorite leak so far :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back