• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2016
    Speaking of Rockruff evos. I am left wondering... are these two Rockruff's final evolutions? Something about them remind me of middle evolutions of Pokemon such as the starters. Perhaps Rockruff has another evolution.

You know i also thought the exact same thing. Rockruff looks like the type of pokemon that would have three stages not just 2. Thats something to think about. Whats if the night evo becomes even more werewolf like and the day evo turns into a bigger wolf looking thing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Wasn't it confirmed by CoroCoro that both forms are the same evolution just with a daytime/nighttime difference?

Yup they're the same evolution. Though, if my speculation that Rockruff might have another evolutionary stage is true, I wonder if the two would split into separate species, or continue to be the same one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Yup they're the same evolution. Though, if my speculation that Rockruff might have another evolutionary stage is true, I wonder if the two would split into separate species, or continue to be the same one.
    My guess would be that if it does have a third evolution, it'll be locked into whatever form its second stage evolution is.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Remember when gender differences were split into 2 pokemon? Now we have split evolutions combined into one pokemon. Pretty weird when you think about it.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Remember when gender differences were split into 2 pokemon? Now we have split evolutions combined into one pokemon. Pretty weird when you think about it.
    It's not really that odd, though. Wormadam is essentially what this is, which evolved into a different form based on the environment with different typings and stat distributions. The difference now is that we're getting a mon with a potentially different movepool depending on the form, which is similar to Meowstic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    This is pretty much a Day/Night Meowstic, each will get their own move pool and probably different types and stats. So it's kind of an improvement on Meowstic.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This is pretty much a Day/Night Meowstic, each will get their own move pool and probably different types and stats. So it's kind of an improvement on Meowstic.

Actually it's more similar to Wormadam than Meowstic. Wormadam evolves from a Pokemon, has different types depending on the forme, and even different stats.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • This is pretty much a Day/Night Meowstic, each will get their own move pool and probably different types and stats. So it's kind of an improvement on Meowstic.

Not really, because Meowstic is the same Pokémon regardless of gender.

Well, this is too. I just don't get the concept, why it has to be the same species and not a true split evo like we've had since long.

Last edited:

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Uhm eevee already has a day and night evolution it is nothing new. I actually hope we get something for eevee again. So many new forms and eevee "THE" adaptation pokémon so it would be cool if eevee had something too. Imagine if eevee had an aloa form. All its evolutions would have one too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Check the date

Reactions: Z25

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Some rumours say that Solgaleo and Lunala are not the true legendaries of the game, they're juste emissaries sent by the true Sun legendary and the Moon one.
    If this rumour was to be true, Solgaleo and Lunala having a pre-evo wouldn't shock me. Having a common one would be weird though, because they look nothing alike.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What would be the point of Solgaleo and Lunala having a pre-evo? We already know through videos that we encounter them as-is... The only way it would work is if it was like Manaphy whose offspring are Phione but that's so gimmicky it doesn't feel right for the mascot legendaries to do it...

Years
  • I'm with Rivvon. While it was cool seeing a legendary that could breed, I felt Phione was nothing but a gimmick since it was worse than Manaphy in every single way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back