• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least Favorite Characters in the Anime?

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Harley and Jigglypuff. They are both so unlikable, evil and ridiculous. They serve no purpose in the anime other than to make us hate them, and are really just a pain to watch.

Years
    Brock is one character in the anime I just can not stand. He was funny during the Kanto and Johto arks, but when he keeps leaving and appearing again, I just got sick of him. So glad he is out of the B/W anime.

Years
    It's gotta be Psyduck, that thing is so useless and annoying! Whenever Misty tried to use Starmie that thing would release itself.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
    Years
    Well, to be honest, I don't really hate any of the characters...there are just some that I don't really care for as much as the others.

When I was little, I really liked Misty. So much that I actually asked my mom to buy suspenders so I could dress like her (don't laugh, lol). But...that's changed. Quite a bit. As they continued to introduce new characters and themes, Misty just seemed a bit less relevant and interesting. I guess my other interests just over took her...

Let's put it this way: I can't look up fanart or amvs for Misty because I get bored of them. As a character, she was all right, but was neglected in terms of development and personality. It's arguable that the other girl characters were subject to this too, but at least they had a visible goal in the end or better character interactions.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My least favorite in the anime? People are gonna punch me for this:

Spoiler:

Masa'il

Old Pro
    Years
    In the current Best Wishes! season [I have to narrow it down, lest I be here all day] I'd have to point out Iris and Bel. In what I'm assuming is an attempt to return to the old strong-willed-and-tomboyish character type first represented by Misty, the writers put out this hideous caricature of an Amazon; she's violent, she's self-righteous, she eats wild berries and swings around on vines and has a pokémon crawling around in her hair. I don't think it's any coincidence that she's dark-complated. And I aside from that, her wealth of personality flaws [her violence, her sense of superiority, her tendency to treat pokémon like stuffed animals] just aren't that cute; she's a brat.

Also, I'd like to know what's going on with Team Rocket. On one hand, it's great to see that they're being given some purpose and some credibility. On the other hand, what about those thirteen prior seasons of characters development? It's as though their personalities have been switched off. Why did they bother using Team Rocket at all if they are going to toss everything about them out the window?

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I never liked Paul, really. Since the Chimchar episodes I could never see how anything he did was for a good reason.

The only thing I like about him is his English voice.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Here are my least favourite characters:

May - She replaced a character from my childhood (Misty).

Max - He thinks he's so smart and I hate his voice.

All of May's rivals - They're all annoying in their own way except for Solidad.

Paul - Kinda self explanatory, he doesn't deserve pokemon if he doesn't treat them with love and respect. I'm glad that Ash finally beats him in the Sinnoh league.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
    Years
    Well, a lot of the characters grind my gears. Who should I start with. Iris, shes too simple minded and annoying. Butch, his voice makes me want to punch him straight in the face. Piplup...I dont know I just don't like it. Oh ya, I forgot Ash...grrr...him...LOL.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I Hate Ash.
    Why must he be so nice and un-selfish? xD
    And plus, his voice irritates me.

MetalSound

Gettin' SS and Black at March!
    Years
    Butch- Horrible voice, ugh...
    Harley- Always acting differently, blah blah blah.
    Jon Dickson- I want to punch him for winning the Silver Conference.
    Vincent (not Jackson, Vincent.)- Marina is his girlfriend? Really?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I stopped watching after Hoenn, so I don't have an opinion of anyone in the Sinnoh region. However, I did have some characters I hated from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn. ~

Ash- I never, ever, ever liked him. Even when all the other kids were running around wanting to be like Ash and his Pikachu. D: I was always wanting to be like Gary and his Eevee. Ash's voice is annoying, and his character seems to get totally reset every new season. I'm not even sure how I put up with him from Kanto to Hoenn. He's the most bland character in the entire anime.
    Gary's Cheerleaders- They were just annoying.
    Jessie- Her hair is stupid. Yes. That is my only reason for hating her. I thought it was a valid reason then. I still do now. lol
    Meowth- He was a talking Pokemon... Why wasn't he taking over the world or something??
    Misty's Psyduck and Ash's Charizard- I get it. Comic relief. But it gets annoying after several episodes.
    Tracy (Tracey??)- He just never seemed that interesting to me.
    May- Her voice was annoying just like Ash's and so was her personality. I didn't get through too much of the Hoenn season because of her. I did like her design, though.
    Max- ... Know it all. Enough said.

I never realized how many characters from the anime there were that I never liked...

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I stopped watching the Anime after the Johto saga, but I have watched some episodes from Hoenn and Sinnoh.

I absolutely hate Ash with a Passion. He's a terrible battler (most of his victories were flukes), he's a wimp, and he spews out the same kid-friendly crap episode after episode.

Dawn and May are annoying as well. They are also ineffective battlers (although May got a bit better after the Hoenn saga), but Dawn is downright horrible. Their personalites are stereotypical as well.

I don't hate Misty, but there were times where I wanted to punch her in the face.

Jessie and James are complete idiots. Not much else to say beyond that. The Wobbuffet joke was funny for the first few episodes, but now it's just a nuisance.

Harley looks and acts like a drag queen. I secretly want to tear him limb from limb.

Conway is kind of ridiculous as well, but I think Dawn deserved to be mentally violated by him.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think Brock is awesome, but he needs to control his hormones. Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny aren't that attractive. Cynthia, however... ;)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    I hate Dawn because her overly girly personality is just annoying. Also, I hate that AJ guy, the one with the Sandshrew and the unofficial gym. His accent is just... so annoying, I wanna sock him in the face.

*video removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

aglaya

Duchess of Heracross
    Years
    I dislike May (if you're afraid of pokemon, go to therapy, not on a freakin' journey), and pretty much all coordinators. Drew'd be better off on a floriculture and Harley's just so pathetic - holding a grudge over a girl who stole his lunch I can understand, but dressing himself like that!? Although it's obvious no self-respecting individual would be rivals with May. Robert and his sage-like ways also annoy me to no end. Solidad and Zoey are okay, though.

...Dawn. Ugh. Dawn is a crime.

Johanna really needs to worry someday the police will show up and punish her for giving birth to that.

But my least favorite characters ever are Butch and Cassidy. I mean, c'mon, one team Rocket's enough. Plus they think themselves so much better than James, Jessie and Meowth, and yet end up failing just as badly. I'd actually like to see team Rocket commiting a successful evil deed for once. Just for once ¬¬'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    Least favorite hmm....

CONWAY. O.O Soooo creepy! Poor Dawn! D: (why would they put a creepy guy in the anime anyways?!)

Also, no offense to Drew lovers, but yeah, Drew. He just sickens me all together. Why? His green hair, the fact of him butting into May x Ash (Sorry, I'm an Advanceshipper ^^' ), and his stuck-up personality. I was sooooooo happy when May finally defeated him. Drew/Contestshipping lovers, please don't kill me.

Raiskit

[ e v i l l i g h t ]
    Years
    May: If she's ten, why doesn't she look ten? Her dad is a awesome gym leader, why did she turn out like that. :/ Besides, her personality and such bother me.
    Max: Why? Just... why? He has no point other than to be a know it all (Though I did like him in the Jirachi movie <3)
    Dawn: I.. just hate her. Her personality bothers me, she's like a May with a skirt. -.-

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    So many Drew and Harley haters. ; ;

Not that I can't see why. XD

Anyhoo, my least favorite.. that's hard for me to answer, since I really don't have any characters in any of the seasons that I really hate. Brock got boring, Tracey was bland, Dawn's voice made me want to hit things. Harley was a creeper, and Team Rocket had their periods where they didn't develop at all as decent characters. Still, I don't really dislike any of them.

I'll go with Max, because most of the time I forget that he exists? >__> Whoops.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Ash, too childish and exagerrated. He annoys me everytime I watch Pokemon. xD

Back