• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Legendary Pokémon, Rival and Rotom unveiled

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I imagine 4 dexes of 100 if we go the Kalos route. If we get two dexes one west, another east then maybe 250 as a call back to Johto like the 150 in Kalos' dex was to Kanto (minus Mew of course).

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The Alola region is "chock full of nothin' but rare Pokémon". All new Pokémon, maybe?

I thought that at first but there's a video clip on the Japanese website that shows a shot of a beach with some Slowpoke walking around.

It could be that most of the returning Pokemon will be ones that are traditionally considered rare. (Like Feebas for example, maybe they'll be as common as Magikarps and Tentacools now. :P)

Years
  • I apparently noticed in the Japanese trailers that the opposite-gendered protagonist doesn't seem to appear in the story. Maybe Game Freak are going to pull a 5th Gen on us and make him/her only appear as an AI partner in the new battle facility?

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Solgaleo is the Sunne Pokémon and Lunala is the Moone Pokémon.
    I mean I know that there are other Pokémon classified as Sun Pokémon and Moonlight and Crescent Moon. But what the hell is a Sunne and a Moone ._.?

Years
  • Solgaleo is the Sunne Pokémon and Lunala is the Moone Pokémon.
    I mean I know that there are other Pokémon classified as Sun Pokémon and Moonlight and Crescent Moon. But what the hell is a Sunne and a Moone ._.?

Maybe they're a fancy way of saying it?

Also, there's this blurb:

"Solgaleo and Lunala hold a vital key to your adventures in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. These two Pokémon are Legendary Pokémon, and they play a crucial role in the story. But their place in the world is still wrapped in mystery!"

I wonder if this means we have to catch the mascot to progress the story again?

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Maybe they're a fancy way of saying it?

Also, there's this blurb:

"Solgaleo and Lunala hold a vital key to your adventures in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. These two Pokémon are Legendary Pokémon, and they play a crucial role in the story. But their place in the world is still wrapped in mystery!"

I wonder if this means we have to catch the mascot to progress the story again?

RIP English, I mean we never saw a classification used in that way, but yeah, new generation, new stuff I guess

Years
  • Get this, people on Tumblr are poking at the irony of Solgaleo and Lunala's types and how they are weak to Fire and extreme weak to Dark (and Ghost) respectively.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I expected more unique typing for the legendaries considering Mythical pokemon already got those typing.

Years
  • oh my goshh

Lillie? So cute. Pokédex Rotom? Adorable. And that girl playable character? Too darn cute! I am so massively excited, though I'm going to have to hold myself back from nicknaming Solgaleo Alphonse. =p

Years
  • One interesting thing about Solgaleo and Lunala is that it's the first time we've had a Steel and Ghost-type version mascot since Dialga and Giratina respectively, both of whom are from 4th Gen.

Also the new duo are our first Psychic-type mascot legendaries other than Lugia which not counting remakes, was back in 2nd Gen. Just some fun trivia for you about our new legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Get this, people on Tumblr are poking at the irony of Solgaleo and Lunala's types and how they are weak to Fire and extreme weak to Dark (and Ghost) respectively.
    Dark type is just Evil type in Japan and that's not something you'd associate with the moon. (Which, in the end, reflects light.)

But the Sun legend being weak to fire is hilarious.

Years
  • Dark type is just Evil type in Japan and that's not something you'd associate with the moon. (Which, in the end, reflects light.)

But the Sun legend being weak to fire is hilarious.

But then, some people don't understand the Dark-type's actual meaning. At least if moon seems to be associated with Fairy lately, which Lunala isn't weak to.

Years
  • According to the blurbs for Solgaleo and Lunala, it appears their signature moves can bypass the target's ability. Moves with a Mold Breaker-like effect I guess, but more glorified.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I was actually hoping for some new Pokemon, particularly that bird thing from which they showed us a model earlier this year. But it's nice to see the names and typings of the legendaries. But I was actually hoping that Lunala would become Dark/Fairy or Ghost/Fairy, and I'm surprised Solgaleo didn't become something with Fire or Electric. And their abilities are carbon copies of Clear Body and Multiscale. But whatever.

Back