• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Party! Mario Style.

Years
  • Let's Party! Mario Style.

Mario Party is a series where the person with the most stars win. You play minigames to earn coins so that you can buy stars. It is the longest going series ever.

Which Mario Parties have you played? What are your favorite characters? What's your favorite game? What's your favorite minigame?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Definitely Mario Party 2! My brother and I have very fond memories of going to Blockbuster (yeah, that makes this really dated) and renting that game constantly. We'd always have a blast playing Skateboard Scamper, and it was always really tough to beat the AIs as you'd literally have to break your fingers pressing the A button to speed up. Hexagon Heat, Shell Shocked, and Shock Drop or Roll would probably round out the list of my favorite mini-games from that game.

Plus, I believe that was one of the only Mario Party games that actually dressed up your character. That may sound trivial, but I always thought it was a nice little piece of flair as they'd wear a get-up that fits the theme of each map. Furthermore, you got to play as DK! I don't like how they took him out of the list of playable characters and made him in charge of the star; I think they should have kept Toad as the person in charge of that.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I believe I've played Mario Party 3, 5, and 7 because I recognize the cover art. I got into the series when I went over to my neighbor's house and they had the Nintendo 64. Initially, I wanted Super Smash Bros., and then I desired the Mario Party game. My favorite character is Yoshi. There would always be two or three of us fighting over who got to be Yoshi! When I lost that war, I often picked Daisy, Birdo, or Boo. I don't remember having a favorite mini-game, maybe one where you could swing on vines...? And ice-theme mini-games?

Edit: Vine with me... XD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c55bN1TcctY

Edit2: These are nostalgia trips for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrBVMfbkx0 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOi5mFGKbNs

Last edited:

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I've played Mario Party 7 and Mario Party DS. Both are fun ^^

But man...you can lose friends while playing any Mario Party. xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ahh, haven't played Mario Party in so long. I believe the one we had was 5. I also had Mario Party DS, but I still like playing it on GC more.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I've played 1-5 and 7.

I am always Yoshi. :v

And I loved 1 and 2 the most because of one mini-game that can turn the whole game in your favor if you're behind: Grab Bag.
    Just steal all your friends' money. :3

Years
  • I used to own the N64, and still have the GameCube so I've played Mario Party 1 through to 5; I never got around to 6 or 7 even though they were on the GC probably because I stopped becoming interested in them. Nowadays, I want to scour the local game stores for them because I always loved the mini-games in Mario Party. Whenever I'm choosing characters, I like to choose Yoshi or Toad, but often times I'll be playing with my cousin who gets to Yoshi first >>;; They're really fun games to play with friends, all Mario games are, and they're my only multiplayer games that I currently own that wouldn't actually become boring because of the different skill levels in playing games.

Elincia

Arisa Gracia: Protagonist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2016
    I love Mario Party! The first one I owned was Mario Party 7 and that propelled my love for the game.

---Mario Party Games I've played---
    Mario Party 2 (Virtual Console)
    Mario Party 5
    Mario Party 6
    Mario Party 7
    Mario Party 8
    Mario Party DS
    Mario Party 9

I personally like how Nintendo did Mario Party 8. It has great boards, greats characters, and interesting uses for the Wiimote. I would say that Mario Party 6/7 are very close for my favourites as well as I've played them the most. :P

Favourite character would have to be Peach, Boo or Daisy. I tend to get a lot of money with them. Whenever I play, I'm probably the gold-digger; the one with the most coins.

My favourite minigame would have to be from Mario Party 6 - the 1 vs 3 cleaning minigame, oh my goodness that is amazing. It's so cute, and I love the feel for Mario Party 6. XD

Years
  • I have very fond memories of playing the first Mario Party, and receiving many a blister.

Was it from that Cast-a-Way mini-game? XD That would have to be my favourite mini-game of all time. Despite the inefficiencies of the N64 controller at the time, and receiving blisters from that joystick, it was one of the most fun games my cousin, and I have ever played. I feel like stealing both the game, and console from him c:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Mario Party! Although not the most perfect games ever, they still are amazing experiences to play with friends. My sister is a huge fan of the Mario Party, so we tend to play every now and then. My cousins were also big on the series when they were younger, so I had rather great moments playing with them.

Games in the series that I have played were 3-8. I actually own 4 and up as well. Never tried the DS and 3DS though.

I do not remember the name of this mini-game, but my absolute favourite was a 3-v-1 game where one person had a flash light and had to catch the others. I think it was something called "Flashfright"? I remember it being a pun.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I have very fond memories of playing the first Mario Party, and receiving many a blister.
    Was it from that Cast-a-Way mini-game? XD That would have to be my favourite mini-game of all time. Despite the inefficiencies of the N64 controller at the time, and receiving blisters from that joystick, it was one of the most fun games my cousin, and I have ever played. I feel like stealing both the game, and console from him c:

When I read blisters, my first thought was Paddle Battle. I hated that mini-game, I groaned every time it popped up. xD I lost so many layers of skin from it, and received so many blisters.
    Though, Cast Aways probably had a similar effect come to think of it, it's just not as deeply burned into my mind, lol.

Years
  • Ah! I remember Paddle Battle as well. I actually liked those games where you had to furiously rotate the joystick despite the pain that comes along with it XD My cousin, and I used to have so much fun with Cast Aways though because you fight for endless amounts of monies :3

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Man, I hated those kinds of minigames. My poor palm xD
    Cast Aways wasn't as bad, it was fairly easy money and it didn't take as long to rotate as Paddle Battle did, lol. But I'd still rather do something like that Coin Flower game. Being on top of the flower was easy monies, without the pain of the evil joystick. Being in the little boats on the bottom almost guaranteed you'd win nothing unless an NPC was up top, though.

My sisters and I favored Grab Bag. No NPCs, just the four of us playing.. so naturally, anything that let us beat the crap out of each other and possibly steal our way up a placing or two was a winner to all of us. {XD}

Back