• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk Z-Moves

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Let's talk Z-Moves

Z-moves have been the 'thing' that surrounds Gen 7 and certainly made a splash in the competitive scene. Like ORAS included more Mega Evolutions, USUM could potentially see more exclusive Z-Crystals introduced.

Which Pokemon would you like to receive Z-crystals and which Pokemon do you think are likely to receive one?

Last edited:
    Years
    The trailer seems to imply Mimikyu is now getting its own Z-Move. I think it was likely done due to the overly positive reception of it and its backstory.

I hope Lycanroc gets one too, since I feel it's another very popular 7th Gen Pokemon. Having both forms get their own version would be even more awesome.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    That definitely implies it. Hopefully Midnight Form will get its own variant Z-Move as well, since Midday feels like it's been hogging the spotlight two much.

If the anime is any indication he's probably stuck with continental crush... hopefully I'm wrong tho...

We also see one for Togedemaru too...

Hope we get 5 more new z-moves....

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They should give Pichu a special Z move just for fun since Pikachu and (Alolan) Raichu have one. Speaking of Raichu. They could maybe give its classic form one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Judging by the new animations for some Pokemon, Togedemaru, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc seem to be getting new Z moves and Mimikyu's would involve scaring the opponent to death with its true form.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They don't seem like z-moves. They seem more like totem-animations to me.

Maybe for Lycanrock but Mimikyu's seems like one to me. In the case of Mimikyu it would be a new totem-animation if so. Seeing how it was one in SM.

Edit: I think that Celebi might get an exclusive one to fit in with how Mew got one. I can imagine a bunch of Celebi pop out and Naruto barrage the opponent to submission!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Look at me being all cute after waking up from my slumber

Updated the OP with the footage from the Japanese trailer which showed a new Z-Ring. Thoughts on the new style?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I hope we do get more pokemon-specific z-moves, especially with popular Alola Pokemon.

Hoping for the Mimikyu one.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Honestly I don't really see Lycanroc's appearance as a Z-move... the scenes shown in the trailer look exactly like the scenes when the Totem Pokemon pop out. I mean they have real backgrounds, the Z-moves had more generic battle backgrounds.

pkmin3033

Before anything else: please, please, PLEASE make the trainer pose skippable! If nothing else, please do that. I don't want to watch my trainer pull poses that would make even the bloody Ginyu Force cringe every time I use a Z-move. PLEASE. Have mercy, Game Freak.

I really want Meloetta to get a Z-Crystal or two, though. Arceus should have one as well...and the Creation Trio would be interesting. If they're not getting Megas or alternate formes or whatever, they should at least have Z-moves.

Also, Magikarp should get a Z-move. We all know this is a great idea.

Years
    Honestly I don't really see Lycanroc's appearance as a Z-move... the scenes shown in the trailer look exactly like the scenes when the Totem Pokemon pop out. I mean they have real backgrounds, the Z-moves had more generic battle backgrounds.

Now that you mention it, they do look more like the scenes of when Totem Pokemon makes their entrance rather than a Z-Move animation.

I really want Meloetta to get a Z-Crystal or two, though. Arceus should have one as well...and the Creation Trio would be interesting. If they're not getting Megas or alternate formes or whatever, they should at least have Z-moves.

Also, Magikarp should get a Z-move. We all know this is a great idea.

Unfortunately, Meloetta doesn't feel popular enough to get its own Z-Move, while Creation Trio should have been saved for a DP remake which unfortunately will now likely happen in a generation where Z-Moves aren't focused.

And about Magikarp... I want Z-Splash to forever remain associated with it and when you consider it's meant to be a piece of useless flopping, a unique Z-Move ruins what it's meant to be.

Kartanaheart

Origami King
    Years
    Looks like Lycanroc and Mimikyu are both getting some. It's not hard to believe, since they're some of the most popular Gen 7 Pokemon.

It's a huge guilty wish but I wish that Bisharp, Dhelmise or Alola Exeggutor would get one. Though, neither except Alola Exeggutor actually have a chance. And what would that stone be called? alolaexeggutorium...?? What a mouthful.
    An even worse wish is that Aegislash or one of the Ultra Beasts gets one, though giving them one would make them even more grossly overpowered. I need Xurkitree or Kartana to get one atleast..please..that's my aesthetic..

Though, I know none of this is ever going to happen. I can dream though.

Back