• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Leveling up in Kalos is hard!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    There was no way I could've known this without actually deciding to buy/play the game, but compared to the 5th gen, we're at quite the disadvantage this generation. Let's list all the key factors in Pokemon training between Unova and Kalos, each of the pros and cons.

Unova:
    -Small Court (6 Single Battles, 2 Double Battles)
    -Big Stadium (6 Single Battles, 2 Double Battles)
    -Black City (up to 7 trainers)
    -Royal Unova (up to 7 trainers)
    -Cheren
    -Bianca
    -Cynthia
    -GameFreak Morimoto
    -Many Wild Audino around lv. 50
    -Elite Four

-Pass Power (Experience Boost)
    Spoiler:

Kalos:
    -Battle Chateau
    -Serena/Calem
    -Emma/Essentia (Rarely)
    -Restaurants (Expensive Prices)
    -Elite Four

-Exp. All returns as Key Item
    -O Power - Exp. Power
    -Harder to earn more money/earn back what you spend.
    Spoiler:

BTW, I'm not going to challenge the Elite Four everyday just to level up my Pokemon. I usually save that after my Pokemon have reached their full potential (especially since they made the aesthetics of the Hall of Fame seem truly special). Why spam it with meaningless and generic entries. It's kind of a graduation ritual for my Pokemon. Each entry is a completely different team that I have slaved over and put effort into training. That and the suspicion that older Hall of Fame entries get written over after enough times.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    i didn't seem to have any trouble, i have 10 lv 100 at the moment, battle chateau and le wow restaurant are the best ways, it's 100,000 for the restaurant (90,000 if you're super popular), and you more than make it back by the end of the run, plus there's the lucky egg that helps quite a bit.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    At least for competitive battling (correct me if I'm wrong), you don't need to exceed lv. 50. So with all the things listed, training is completely doable.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I'm not sure what in the world you are smoking here, but I'm having no problems with keeping up my war machine up to speed.

You might want to try raising your Pokémons' affection in the Pokémon Amie. You'll get steadily increasing exp boosts the higher the affection rating is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2013
    How does one get a lucky egg in x/y? Also, does it boost exp from the exp all??

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
  • You might want to try raising your Pokémons' affection in the Pokémon Amie. You'll get steadily increasing exp boosts the higher the affection rating is.
    This maxed out, stacked with Lucky Egg, Exp. Point Power Level 3, and EXP Share should provide plenty of experience in less time than in previous generations.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    How does one get a lucky egg in x/y? Also, does it boost exp from the exp all??

you're given one at the Coumarine Hotel in Coumarine City, or if you have a friend safari with a chansey, you can farm them using thief. Not sure if it stacks, i never looked, didn't really care as long as i pokemon got something

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    This maxed out, stacked with Lucky Egg, Exp. Point Power Level 3, and EXP Share should provide plenty of experience in less time than in previous generations.

This @ Le Wow with 5 Lvl 1 pokes and a Lvl 100 poke for about 2-3 hours (depending on the pokes exp growth rate), and they can all be Lvl 100 + a few million pokedollars profit. Personally, I feel this Gen is even easier to level, and way easier to make money than previous Gens.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Really? You're one of the very few people I've heard say leveling up is difficult in these games. I've actually found it to be the easiest thanks to the new Exp. Share.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I disagree I find it a doddle in Kalos in the Battle Chateau, low level opponents but lots of them and keep appearing all day. the furisode girls and their audinos combined with EXP O power level 3 and the EXP Share are ideal for farming EXP.
    I do this to level up quickly. I managed to get several level 1 Pokémon up to level 40 in one day. It's actually easier to level up in XY than in any of the past generations I've played. Now I do wish there were more diversity in who we battle...kind of gets old battling the same people.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I didn't have much trouble with my Y game, but it impossible for me to keep my team up in X. My Azumarill is the only one I don't have trouble with, she's in her 50s while the rest of my team is low 20's. The EXP share has been on since I've gotten it and hasn't helped at all.

I have had a much easier time keeping my levels balanced on the older games than compared to what I'm doing on X.

Really it seems to be based on how you play cause in all honesty, the previous games were easier to level on than X and Y for me.

Only thing X and Y really have over the older versions is the lumoise level trick which I'm about ready to abuse on my X run.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    If you are leveling multiple pokemon to level hundred, I'd say gen VI is better. The exp-share makes it so you get 3.5 times usual exp, and on top of that you can use lucky egg and O-powers, plus the bonus gained from not evolving your pokemon right away.

For leveling pokemon to 50, gen V might be better since you get extra exp for battling high-level pokemon, so when you are doing late-game content, the pokemon you are levelling with exp-share gains insane amount of experience.

IcePrincess

Ice & Ghost Type Lover ♥
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    I find it much easier leveling up in Kalos rather than Unova! The Exp Share makes it easier than ever but I prefer leveling up Pokemon indivudually (IV/EV training against types & all that) so turned it off.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2014
    go to victory road and fight hordes of floatzels they give 5000 exp if your pokemon is holding the lucky egg

Back