• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    I'm still reading this thread, but thought I may as well post now. I'm straight, but have nothing wrong with gays, bi-sexuals, pansexuals, asexuals or any other kind of sexuality. I have had bi-curious thoughts, but I've never met a guy that made think that I want to... you get the picture.

As for the choice v birth argument, I disagree with both sides. I think that you are affected by how you are raised. I mean take the ancient Greek, they clearly thought of homosexuality as perfectly usual. If you were raised in a place where bisexuality was the norm, chances are you would be bisexual. If you were raised in a town of homosexuals (mind you, actually being born in the first place would be difficult) you would be far more likely to be gay.
    I suppose their thought by that time was "there's no girl/man, let's have sexual intercouse with anyone". It doesn't even mean they were bi-sexual once you can't sure know they had really attraction by one of the same gender.

I don't mean to offend anyone by comparing, but that's like a dog that, lacking a female, copulate another male dog.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Uhh, I dunno about you ~ but I was created by my Mum and Dad making luuuurve.
    You where not created by an emotion, you where created by reproductive organs.

Oh, I didn't know you were for slavery, racial superiority, sexual inequalities, regulating hairstyle and clothing (communist), and the physical punishment of children.

And if you're not for those, you sir, contradict your own logic; thus an idiot. Why though? Why does that make you an idiot? Because you're picking and choosing what in the Bible to have faith in. What gives you the right to say "Oh, that is what I am going to believe in! But not that!"

I didn't realize you were such an important religious official where you could pick and choose what in the Bible is important. Excuse me.

And I too was created by sexy-time.
    I don't chose, God choses, and if you read the bible, as history progresed God said some things weren't bad any more, and some things are now bad.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    ...This is why I don't practice the religion I am. It makes things far more complicated than they have to be, and sexuality on its own is already an incredibly complicated matter in life for most.

Chrisbob78

SoulSilver
    Years
    I am not gay myself,but I think being gay,bi,lesbian is ok. I mean we have such a short time here on earth and why should I take away from some other beings enjoyment in life?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Not perfectly stated.

We're left wondering why the heck they consider themselves religious if they don't bother to practice it.
    You don't have to practice or act upon something in order to be considered whatever it is you're considering yourself to be. It doesn't make you any less of that something than someone who practices it. It just means what it means. After all, I can believe in God and continue to be baptized without going to church and exercising beliefs.

Besides, what's it to you to wonder something like that about someone? I can understand you wondering that about someone who says that they're a musician, but they don't have any musical abilities, but religion is very complicated and can be extremely sensitive. So it's really none of your, or anyone else's, concern to wonder why I consider myself to be a religion but not practice the beliefs commonly practiced in said religion.

Besides, there are plenty of a religion that are classified as a sin ("being gay") and they still consider themselves to be of that religion, despite the fact they aren't fully exersizing the beliefs of that religion. I would have expected someone who's in some kind of situation like that, such as yourself, to understand that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You don't have to practice or act upon something in order to be considered whatever it is you're considering yourself to be. It doesn't make you any less of that something than someone who practices it. It just means what it means. After all, I can believe in God and continue to be baptized without going to church and exercising beliefs.

God said:
    "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." Revelation 3:15-16

There are pretty harsh words for people who like to claim to be of a faith but will not practice it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    There are pretty harsh words for people who like to claim to be of a faith but will not practice it.
    Just so I can understand where you are coming from, because I'm under the impression that you misinturperated what I said, define "practice."

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    You where not created by an emotion, you where created by reproductive organs.

Um... "making love" is another expression for "having sex".

I don't chose, God choses, and if you read the bible, as history progresed God said some things weren't bad any more, and some things are now bad.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. Such verses were quoted in RECENT TIMES. I will not take the word of some biased religious figure over the Bible.

The only reason that people make a big deal about homosexuality in the Bible is because of their own personal prejudices. >_>

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Without the bible, homophobia would barely exist, if at all.

No, that's false. Without the Bible, homophobia would still be very existent, it just wouldn't be prominent in society because it wouldn't be accepted.

Rarely is homophobia a result of the Bible, it's the result of human nature and hating what is different. It's just 'accepted' because the Bible supposedly justifies it and makes it a "religious belief". Sorry but I don't buy it.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Argh!! Can we please stop this endless debate about religion?! Why don't we start a new thread called "Are the homo's going to hell?" and keep it in there?!

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    This is a LGBT thread, discussing various aspects of LGBT themes, one of them is homophobia, so this talk seems somewhat appropriate, thank you.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Yes I'm sure it was appropriate the first couple hundred times it was discussed on this thread, but it seems to be the only thing people are talking about. Besides why would homophobics even comment on a GLBT thread. We're all agreed homophobia is bad right? If you don't think homophobia is bad you're in the wrong thread.

That being that it would be wise to concentrate on topics that don't centre around upsetting people and starting flame wars.

Besides I don't think I'm the only one who's sick of all of these circular repetitive arguments, and frankly I think a lot of us have a hard enough time defending ourself against prejudice from the outside without having to defend ourselves from one another as well.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Usually their resolve is quite adamant, so there is no point in changing their minds... (or indeed taking the time to defend ourselves, when in fact they don't care).

But yeah, I'd like to move on as well.

So does everyone want to move to Canada now, because of all the human rights for the LGBTs? XD :P

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Argh!! Can we please stop this endless debate about religion?! Why don't we start a new thread called "Are the homo's going to hell?" and keep it in there?!
    Hate to break it to you, but one of the main arguments against homosexuality has always been religion. So whether you like it or not, someone is going to bring up a point of religion since that's what they've grown to believe in or chose to believe in. Granted not all involved in religious affairs share the same views as the religion itself when it comes to homosexuality, there are still a big chunk of those who do. And, strangely enough, most of those people only have religion as a valid reason for being against homosexuality.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Hate to break it to you, but one of the main arguments against homosexuality has always been religion. So whether you like it or not, someone is going to bring up a point of religion since that's what they've grown to believe in or chose to believe in. Granted not all involved in religious affairs share the same views as the religion itself when it comes to homosexuality, there are still a big chunk of those who do. And, strangely enough, most of those people only have religion as a valid reason for being against homosexuality.

The point is, why is there even an argument against homosexuality in this thread in the first place?

You're all just feeding the trolls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back